• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

More Starbucks stupidity...2/14 boycott planned COFFEE UP!

decklin

When you go in on Valentine's Day this year, remember to tell the manager that you're there to support them for their refusal to discriminate against lawful firearms owners.

The NGAC sure isn't feeling the love...

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/01/23/4208271/starbucks-pro-gun-policy-prompts.html

Man, I am loving the comments people are leaving on there! It's nice to see so many people with an opinion of their own. Though I wonder how many were people from this or similar forums?

Metalhead47

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Starbucks, Bakerview Road, Bellingham

There is a regularly scheduled "choir practice" held at 10:00 every sunday morning. If you are in the area, or live in Whatcom county, stop by and spend some time with like minded people. Conversation is always spirited.

amlevin

They had a little icon showing how bad the Glock that was used in Tucson, was.... Apparently IT shot and killed people, not the person holding it.

I had to make a motivational poster out of it.

59883223.jpg

You forgot to mention that it reloaded itself too;)

Dave Workman

NW gun rights activists ‘Coffee up’ as Starbucks posts profits

Earlier this week, this column noted yet another attempt by gun prohibitionists will be launched to bully Starbucks into refusing service to legally armed customers, and yesterday, the Seattle Times reported that the Seattle-based coffee giant has posted yet another profits gain.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...ctivists-coffee-up-as-starbucks-posts-profits

boosteddreams

He fully supports open carry, and in fact OC'd my XD-9 last week when we went out and about, but he'll be 3000 miles away on Valentine's Day. :(

boosteddreams

We should all be doing this as a thanks to Starbucks for not discriminating against us.

Exactly what I was thinking. The anti-gun nuts want to boycott them, so we can show them our support and appreciation. I just talked to my guy and told him about the proposed boycott; he'll be spending a few bucks at Starbucks that day as well.

John Hardin

I was struck by inspiration last night... (click the image for a full-size version)

These are suitable for VistaPrint (and possibly other business card services); I hope to have a full sheet version available shortly so you can print your own.
As always, comments solicited.

Metalhead47

I was struck by inspiration last night... (click the image for a full-size version)

These are suitable for VistaPrint (and possibly other business card services); I hope to have a full sheet version available shortly so you can print your own.

Honestly, I think stuff like this is (while well-intentioned) unnecessary and not what Starbuck's wants either. This whole thing isn't over Starbucks supporting carry, it's about their maintaining neutrality and just trying to stay out of the political BS. The anti's are drawing plenty of negative attention towards them, instead let us respect Starbuck's wishes of wanting to stay out of it and our MONEY be the statement. They haven't really had a response to the proposed boycott but you can bet for sure their higher-ups will be watching the sales figures for that day very carefully. Even a slightly above average revenue day for 2/14 will show them who the bigger "voting with the wallet" bloc is. My wife & I are aiming for two trips each that day. Won't be carrying tho. :cry:

FMCDH

If you really want to make a statement with this, fill one out for each time you visit and mail it to their headquarters, or to the store itself care of the manager.

Unless you hand it directly to the store manager, the cashier will likely just be confused and end up throwing it in the trash.