• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

More Starbucks stupidity...2/14 boycott planned COFFEE UP!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Honestly, I think stuff like this is (while well-intentioned) unnecessary and not what Starbuck's wants either. This whole thing isn't over Starbucks supporting carry, it's about their maintaining neutrality and just trying to stay out of the political BS. The anti's are drawing plenty of negative attention towards them, instead let us respect Starbuck's wishes of wanting to stay out of it and our MONEY be the statement. They haven't really had a response to the proposed boycott but you can bet for sure their higher-ups will be watching the sales figures for that day very carefully. Even a slightly above average revenue day for 2/14 will show them who the bigger "voting with the wallet" bloc is. My wife & I are aiming for two trips each that day. Won't be carrying tho. :cry:

+1

Spend your money, if you want to make a statement...use $2 bills in support of 2A and pictured with Jefferson on one side and the signing on the other!

John Hardin

If you really want to make a statement with this, fill one out for each time you visit and mail it to their headquarters, or to the store itself care of the manager.

Unless you hand it directly to the store manager, the cashier will likely just be confused and end up throwing it in the trash.
That is what I was planning on doing. After making my purchase, ask the cashier if the manager is available, and then hand the manager the card and say "thank you."

Metalhead47 said:
This whole thing isn't over Starbucks supporting carry, it's about their maintaining neutrality and just trying to stay out of the political BS.
I know. I intentionally worded it as "thank you for deciding not to discriminate against us" rather than "thank you for your support" for that precise reason.

amzbrady

Honestly, I think stuff like this is (while well-intentioned) unnecessary and not what Starbuck's wants either. This whole thing isn't over Starbucks supporting carry, it's about their maintaining neutrality and just trying to stay out of the political BS. The anti's are drawing plenty of negative attention towards them, instead let us respect Starbuck's wishes of wanting to stay out of it and our MONEY be the statement. They haven't really had a response to the proposed boycott but you can bet for sure their higher-ups will be watching the sales figures for that day very carefully. Even a slightly above average revenue day for 2/14 will show them who the bigger "voting with the wallet" bloc is. My wife & I are aiming for two trips each that day. Won't be carrying tho. :cry:

+1 I think they would rather stay out of it and appease both sides.

Vitaeus

The $2 bill idea is a great one, I am considering going to the bank and getting a bunch and use them to pay for minor stuff as I OC around town. The really are just as good as $1s anymore since with tax almost nothing is under a $1.

malichite

Went into the starbucks on 1st and Marion with a buddy. When i got my coffee, I thanked the lady behind the counter and she looked at me kind of funny. The lady behind me in line piped up and see "yeah for open carry in washington!" Thought that was pretty cool!

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Deros and I have been at the Federal Way Starbucks (348th) for the last hour. When we arrived there were two State Patrol Troopers sitting behind us.
I even got Deros to wear his Gun & Coffee hoodie today, which he said he never would.....

2012-02-14_10-04-10_817.jpg

Last edited:

VW_Factor

Last night, I was at a meeting with some gals that just happened to be at a Starbucks in Safeway. I paid with my TJ, she looked at it for a second.. "Ooooohh, I see" and smiled ever so slyly.

;)

jt59

Stopped in at the local Starbucks on 72nd and I-5 this AM along with two female officers from Tacoma PD, definitely aware as I was strong side to them offset behind me waiting for my standard drink....nada. The way it should be....

jt

1245A Defender

well???

Last night, I was at a meeting with some gals that just happened to be at a Starbucks in Safeway. I paid with my TJ, she looked at it for a second.. "Ooooohh, I see" and smiled ever so slyly.

;)

OK ill ask,,,, what is a TJ??

OTH.. has anybody, anywhere, seen an anti at a starbucks today?

Fake Edit,,,, Just got it,,, a thomas jeferson, 2 $ bill

Stretch

I made a stop at the Moses Lake Starbucks this afternoon. Nothing out of the ordinary to report

Sent by Droid

Fungal Warrior

I stopped in the Starbucks in Bellingham in Sehome Village...close to the college. You'd think that with an LWF* rating in this area being so high, it would be deserted or have at least one Anti on display...nope. Nada...and the place was packed. Bought my highly expensive caffeinated beverage and left without so much as a glance. :cool:

*LWF= Liberal Wacko Factor

Last edited:

DocWalker

Starbuck's facebook page seems to be showing a lot of support for the buycott today! I am on my 3rd cup and I am sure it wont be my last.

gunsand+coffee.jpg

I think the whole thing has back fired on the anti's. Not only do you have more armed citizens buying coffee, but you now have highly caffinated armed citizens...some on their 3rd cup.

dam instead of armed people we now have armed people with the jitters.....lol

VW_Factor

I saw a picture on the event fb page that bothered me. A guy took a picture of gun and coffee ON THE HOOD OF HIS CAR, in the parking lot. What in the hell is that guy thinking?

That is just plain stupid in my book. I understand the in the privacy of your own vehicle, home, other, etc... But really man, have a little tact, and at least follow some basic firearm safety rules.

Difdi

Well, I don't usually frequent Starbucks, but in honor of the buycott, I stopped in to my local Starbucks (north end of Seattle, NE 145th & 15th Ave NE) and bought a 20oz chai latte. I even paid with $2 bills, though that's more by chance than anything else, I happened to have half a dozen of the things lying around before I ever heard of this buycott thing.

When I mentioned the buycott to the guy behind the counter, he commented that I was the third person to stop by and mention it, and it wasn't (quite) noon yet at that point. So far so good.

SigGuy23

Activist Member
Stopped at petsmart to get food and treats for the dog and cat. No issues. I'm now at starbucks enjoying a hot choclate I paid for with 2 dollar bills and OC of course. :D