• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Henrico County Muscling out gun store - Zombie Defense - victim of rezoning

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
I'm still not sure where we're going with this TD.

The guy doesn't want help. I don't know if the zoning hearings are complete.

VCDL can't be expected to watch every zoning application in every locality in the state, to see if it concerns gun owners and even if they did....I haven't figured where it stands on what subjects. That seems like a pinball bouncing from peg to peg.

Lobbying on a local level seems to be left to individual members to identify and organize opposition/support for.

What do you propose we do about this?

Right now we're doing it. River rat is doing a good job looking up the zoning and finding out what the deal is. I believe (as do others) that what is happening to Zombie Defense if true is pertinent to our liberties. If he wanted our help then we could show up to a supervisors meeting and have our voices heard. Even though He doesn't seem to want our help we need to understand just what the heck transpired.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Right now we're doing it. River rat is doing a good job looking up the zoning and finding out what the deal is. I believe (as do others) that what is happening to Zombie Defense if true is pertinent to our liberties. If he wanted our help then we could show up to a supervisors meeting and have our voices heard. Even though He doesn't seem to want our help we need to understand just what the heck transpired.

This is not a new situation TD.
Henrico has driven selected shops out for at least 30 years (as far back as I've been in the area)

Before the zoning dodge, they required purchase permits and if the shop didn't get them, they were closed down.

Richmond did the same thing.

Without the owners active cooperation, nothing will change.

Maybe you can get PVC in on it, good luck with that, and even then, there is nothing to challenge without an interested party.

One other thing to be aware of, if the ATF got a formal request to audit and did it, it's because the PD asked for it.
Now if he was doing anything illegal, Henrico would have tagged him themselves. That means he wouldn't discount his parts to the officers. I had the same problems with them when I was an FFL and finally I quit selling to anyone and just did gunsmithing work.

Last edited:

riverrat10k

I thought I posted this earlier, but either I messed up or got moderated.

Henrico County has a link on their website to "complain about zoning violations".

"If a neighbor is operating a home-based business, how do I report what I believe is a residential zoning violation?
Whether or not there is a violation will depend on the individual neighborhood zoning and on the type of business being operated out of the home. Each complaint is viewed on a case-by-case basis. An inspector will visit the site to determine if there are any violations. You can call Community Maintenance at (804) 501-4757, to register a complaint or ask a question".

I went to the guys web site. He has a short video that, apparently, shows about 5 seconds of full auto fire. The home page of his site shows a customized lower with a selector swith of safe-fire-frenzy.

Perhaps the volume of Class III sales has flagged the Bureau Allowing Taking Firearms to Escondido.

riverrat10k

t dubya said: Even though He doesn't seem to want our help we need to understand just what the heck transpired.

Yeah, in my missing post I mentioned that I have professional interest. Gotta know who and what I'm dealing with to put my daily bread on the table!

riverrat10k

Peter said
snip

One other thing to be aware of, if the ATF got a formal request to audit and did it, it's because the PD asked for it.
Now if he was doing anything illegal, Henrico would have tagged him themselves. That means he wouldn't discount his parts to the officers. I had the same problems with them when I was an FFL and finally I quit selling to anyone and just did gunsmithing work.[/QUOTE]i

That is very depressing to see in print. Thanks a bunch, Peter. Guess it has always been that way though as far as pushing a business out. Thinking of adult clubs, places like "The Block" in Baltimore, etc.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
.... I went to the guys web site. He has a short video that, apparently, shows about 5 seconds of full auto fire. The home page of his site shows a customized lower with a selector swith of safe-fire-frenzy.

Perhaps the volume of Class III sales has flagged the Bureau Allowing Taking Firearms to Escondido.

According to his web site the "Frenzy" setting is cosmetic only. Very clearly stated nothing is Class III.

stay safe.

KBCraig

The home page of his site shows a customized lower with a selector swith of safe-fire-frenzy.

I like this one:

DSCN2448-vi.jpg

riverrat10k

Mea culpa, Skid, I did not peruse his site thoroughly. And people wonder how rumours get started, eh?

I am not usually so sloppy, but did you see his video? Is he just bump firing with a light trigger? Seems to be rockin'.

Hmmm. just went to his site. It looks like the video I saw earlier today is gone and a "site under construction" tag has been added.

Sorry, sleepy. Video is on the other pictures page.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Mea culpa, Skid, I did not peruse his site thoroughly. And people wonder how rumours get started, eh?

I am not usually so sloppy, but did you see his video? Is he just bump firing with a light trigger? Seems to be rockin'.

Hmmm. just went to his site. It looks like the video I saw earlier today is gone and a "site under construction" tag has been added.

Hmmm - Things don't seem simple and clear cut. There has to be more to this story. :uhoh:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
see my edit. video is still up. looks like auto fire to me. no sales pitch or anything tho.

It is full auto RR but it may just be broll from somewhere. Aside from the cheesy markings on his lowers, I don't see anything wrong.

There is a lot more to this as GS said. The ATF audit is a red flag and I suspect he's there under a conditional use permit.....but we're back to square one.

He isn't fighting it!

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
He told me that when BATFE did their inspection he was found to be in compliance. I believe it. I saw him transfer 2 Mosins from I assume gunbroker on Wesnesday.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
He told me that when BATFE did their inspection he was found to be in compliance. I believe it. I saw him transfer 2 Mosins from I assume gunbroker on Wesnesday.

Simple question maybe - then why is he rolling over and not fighting this :question:

user

Accomplished Advocate
Presuming that he has a properly issued business license, I do not think it is legal to rezone his business out of existence.

He needs advice and assistance and quickly too.

Correct - as long as he was properly licensed and doing business before the rezoning, the zoning as it was at the time he became operational is still in effect for him ("grandfathering"). The rub is going to come when he files his next personal property tax return, is a day late on his land tax assessment, or fails to reapply for his business license. He can stay in business just about forever, but he's got to cross his eyes and dot his tees from now on (or something like that).