• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is it time yet?

JoeSparky

Centurion
I was on youtube the other night and saw a guy talking about this (cant remember who) but I use to say its time for a revolution, but he made it clear (and I agree with him) we dont want a revolution but a restoration. We already have the constitution, we just need to restore to what our founders meant.

AMEN in the STRONGEST WAYS POSSIBLE!

eye95

I was on youtube the other night and saw a guy talking about this (cant remember who) but I use to say its time for a revolution, but he made it clear (and I agree with him) we dont want a revolution but a restoration. We already have the constitution, we just need to restore to what our founders meant.

We definitely need restoration. However, revolution and restoration are in no way mutually dependent. You can have revolution and make matters worse, or you can have revolution that restores the Constitution. You can achieve restoration with or without revolution.

I don't think that anyone who posts here would disagree on restoration. The problem I have is that several members here want to accomplish restoration with revolution.

IMO, that is not acceptable.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
While it is true that we Americans have the right to abolish our government by force of arms if necessary, such action would be the last resort after having suffered "a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism" and not the first. At such a time it would not only be our right, but our duty to act against our servant oppressors.

As others have already stated, we are far from that course at this time. Yes, there are abuses. Yes, there are violations of conscience and Constitution. Yes, there are evil deeds past and present to our demise. However, we still maintain the upper hand and the means to keep that control. As long as we have this, they cannot succeed unless in our apathy and ignorance, we allow them to do so.

Last edited:

eye95

While it is true that we Americans have the right to abolish our government by force of arms if necessary, such action would be the last resort after having suffered "a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism" and not the first. At such a time it would not only be our right, but our duty to act against our servant oppressors.

As others have already stated, we are far from that course at this time. Yes, there are abuses. Yes, there are violations of conscience and Constitution. Yes, there are evil deeds past and present to our demise. However, we still maintain the upper hand and the means to keep that control. As long as we have this, they cannot succeed unless in our apathy and ignorance, we allow them to do so.

Well said.

Also, consider this: The more that people with whom we associate advocate a revolutionary fix, the less we have that upper hand of which you speak. Our rhetoric loses credibility when associated with talk of non-rhetorical action.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Well said.

Also, consider this: The more that people with whom we associate advocate a revolutionary fix, the less we have that upper hand of which you speak. Our rhetoric loses credibility when associated with talk of non-rhetorical action.

Another +1, it's also why I get disgusted reading leftist drivel about "evil rich people" or stereotyping police as agents of oppression. We live in what is still the best country on earth, and we are making positive steps in restoration. In spite of efforts by infiltrators and the tin foil hat brigades to marginalize our agenda by making us all look like delusional lunatics.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Well said.

The upper hand about which I wrote was referring to still having our Bill of Rights intact.. still having the ability to be armed and having a press not controlled by the government.

However, I fully agree with your take and response. Those of us who try to incite anger or worse, play into the hands of those who would like nothing better than to see us lose those very rights we enjoy and they claim to protect. Cooler heads are needed in times of heated debate rather than more heated heads butting about and only causing fires. The time for a modern day Patrick Henry or a George Mason has not yet arrived and I seriously doubt that time will come to pass in my lifetime.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
The fact is that a before and after shot of the mall in D.C. of Glenn Becks rally on 8/28 showed that it was cleaner after the rally than when it began.

Barring anything else you've said, this fact alone says volumes.

Who trashes America?

Who endeavors to clean it up?

Yeah, I stoop to pick up roadside trash, regularly, although I'm a "highly decorated" war hero - whoopie, six+ rows of decorations - I don't discount my service, as I'd serve my country again; it's just that I never did it for the ribbons. I served my country in my chosen branch of service because it was the right thing to do. I never asked for nor put in for a single. To this day I'd like to knock more a few glory hounds out there...

Knuckleheads.

I never once put in for any medal. Our service isn't about medals, it's about God and country.

Well, if you're back to a highland's break, I'll hide in the heather.

A smile upon one's heart's, so much as one might beg.

ONWARD.

COMMANDER1911

I came back from Iraq with only five medals on my chest. I didn't care how much chest candy I had because I knew I did my part to preserve freedom. War is hell, and the last thing we need is a revolution. I agree that we must continue fighting the political battle in order to restore the freedoms that we all associate with the great democratic republic we live in. Don't get discouraged, don't give up, we will achieve victory through preserverence

Daylen

Cooler heads are needed in times of heated debate rather than more heated heads butting about and only causing fires. The time for a modern day Patrick Henry or a George Mason has not yet arrived and I seriously doubt that time will come to pass in my lifetime.

Ben Franklin and Patrick Henry were only 30 yrs apart. I'd say we are in need of those like Franklin (well educated and spoken dude that is all about the freedom to do as he likes, from crazy drug/sex parties to enterprise), but that means we need a generation of those like Patrick Henry to be raised now.

MamaLiberty

They'll have to start it

All we ask is to be left alone.

From the Sipsey Street Irregulars: http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/
The Doctrine of the Three Percent.

The Three Percent are the folks the Founders counted on to save the Republic when everyone else abandoned it.

And we will.

There will be no more free Wacos and no more free Katrinas.

For we are the Three Percent.

We will not disarm.

You cannot convince us.

You cannot intimidate us.

You can try to kill us, if you think you can.

But remember, we’ll shoot back .

We are not going away.

We are not backing up another inch.

And there are THREE MILLION OF US.

Your move, Mr. Wannabe Tyrant.

Your move.

ML III

KansasMustang

I'm a big fan of Glenn Beck. I've listened to his radio program and watch his show (DVR it) and catch up on saturdays for years. Glenn has in my opinion hit the nail on the head. We must restore HONOR in this country, starting with ourselves. Doing the right thing even when no one else is watching. I'll probably catch nine shades of hell for this but it hits right in the gut where i live. Even back to the ancients our fore-fathers knew what was right. "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray. Then will I see from heaven, and heal their land." We do not have God on our side as Glenn says, we have to get on God's side, again.
There are so many forces aligned against US. So much EVIL. Our founding Fathers faced up against the most powerful kingdom in the world at that time. And as Mamaliberty posted they did not back up, did not back down, and they stood where God told them to stand. We have in my humble opinion only one remaining chance to turn this country back around and restore it to the Constitutional Republic which it was formed as. There will be much voting fraud, graft and corruption.
I remember as a child one of the first things I learned was "respect your elders". Our children don't even know to say "Sir" or "Ma'am" (Mine do I taught them) but every where you go it's the same thing, disrespect, disobedience, and total disregard for others property. I call them the "Me first generation".
I fear that if we don't get it started on the reverse course with this election then it WILL "be time". The forces on the left will be the ignition point where the fires begin. They've already shown their true colors. Already shown their total disregard and disrespect for those of us that love our country. We must restore it, as it was then and it shall be again.

Daylen

Honor will not be restored to the heights it was at during the revolution. Why? society has left behind any way to make people back up what they say/do with their life. It is a valiant attempt to try and restore honor, but without bringing back duels it is a futile effort.

Brimstone Baritone

Honor isn't doing the right thing when 'no one is watching'. That's easy.

Honor is doing the right thing when everyone's watching, and you have the most to lose, and no one will stand by your side. Honor is doing the right thing when the government tells you they are 'only here to help', and your parents say you're just being paranoid, and your spouse thinks you've lost it.

Honor is doing what you believe to be right, even after you've started to doubt it yourself.

We can still make the government better. The government will have to change for the better, because we're not going to let it change us for the worse.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Honor can most certainly be restored. One person at a time, and one vote at a time.

Let's make dang sure we don't allow this opportunity to slip away this fall voting season. Please cast your ballots for those with honor, integrity, and a committment towards serving the people and protecting our Constitution.

OldCurlyWolf

" PrayingForWar
It really doesn't matter how much evidence you give a liberal though, they live in a universe of lies and reject any information that compromises their programming and delusions of moral superiority."

That is true. They seem to live a world of complete denial.

That is why many are beginning to define liberalism/progressivism as a mental disease. People, they are not all there. They are a few bricks shy of a full load. Their elevator does not go all the way to the top, etc..:banghead:

riverrat10k

We are getting very close now, Thundar.

http://cop.senate.gov/hearings/library/hearing-102710-foreclosure.cfm

Some highlights:

The largest and most complex harm that may exist with the loans in default or foreclosure today is that the paperwork for the loans was not transferred correctly. I emphasize that what constitutes a correct transfer is a gray area; we need more direction from courts and legislatures on this subject. But there are plausible legal claims that the transfers of the notes and mortgages were not effective to give the trust full enforcement rights.

The implications of problems with transfer are serious. If the trust does not have the loan, homeowners may have been making payments to the wrong party. If the trust does not have the note or mortgage, it may not have standing to foreclose or legal authority to negotiate a loan modification. To the extent that these transfers are being completed retroactively, it raises issues about honesty in creating and dating the assignments/transfers and about what parties can do, if anything, if an entity in the securitization chain, such as Lehman Brothers or New Century, is no longer in existence. Moreover, retroactive transfers may violate the terms of the trust, which often prohibit the addition of new assets, or may cause the trust to lose its REMIC status, a favorable treatment under the Internal Revenue Code. Chain of title problems have the potential to expose the banks to investor lawsuits and to hinder their legal authority to foreclose or even to do loss mitigation.

Another type of lawsuit risk is that consumers are able to sue the current holder of their note for violations that occurred at origination. Normally, these complaints fail because the holder of the note is thought to be a "holder in due course," a person that receives protection from most of the claims that someone could bring against the originator of the note. However, if the notes do not meet the requirements of negotiable instruments, there cannot be a holder in due course. The person with the note merely is the possessor "bearer paper," and can be sued for all wrongs associated with that note contract.

Finally, I want to share with the Panel that the lawyers that I have met over years of my research on mortgage servicing—both creditor lawyers and debtor lawyers—have nearly universally expressed that they believe a very large number (perhaps virtually all) securitized loans made in the boom period in the mid-2000s contain serious paperwork flaws, did not meet underwriting or other requirements of the trust, and have not been serviced properly as to default and foreclosure.

The second type of lawsuit that seems certain to follow the exposure of the flawed foreclosure procedure is a claim by investors that problems at loan origination, including a lack of paperwork to support a valid foreclosure, or mortgage servicing mishaps have increased their losses. These suits most obviously will seek to force the banks to "buy back" or "repurchase" loans that were improperly placed into a particular trust for securitization or were improperly originated. Investors could also argue for money damages for lost revenue stream or breach of fiduciary duty by the trust or the servicer to exercise good judgment in favor of in investors’ interests. These suits could be incredibly expensive for banks, requiring the payments of large claims to make investors whole and to satisfy the plaintiffs’ attorneys who will bring such cases.

Folks, every day for the last two weeks, more and more is discovered about the GREATEST FRAUD IN AMERICAN HISTORY. The banks purposely created bad loans and bad securities. They need to be put in receivership and liquidated. This will hurt. The alternatives?

Higher taxes to bail out a corrupt financial system, theft (taxing) of your 401k's, $10 gas and $10 bread.
We will find out very shortly, 14 months max IMO, which side the government is on, the fraudsters or the taxpayers. Unfortunately, I think I know the answer. (cross posted to the social lounge)

riverrat10k

Note that no Democrat, Republican, or Tea Party candidate is even mentioning..

the financial crisis. We are still in the midst of it despite what you may hear from the talking heads.

oak1971

We can use the leftist revolt to restore things, after we crush them and stamp out the movement we can do what we need to restore the nation.