• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Broken arrow meet and greet - Dec. 15th

Gary S

Done! We do this onfacebook as well. Hoping for a ggod turn out. I'l lspend the rest of the day looking around, spemnd th enoight and drive back Sunday.

SNOW IS NOT ALLOWED!!!! It would really not make my day!

Thanks for all the PMs, cell phone #s and directions. As long as there are no wrecks on I-44 through Springfield and Joplin, MO. I should be on time????

You'll know me, I'll be the one with the firearm...............

Keep my info i gave you and should you have any issue finding us call me and ill help you find your way.

mspgunner

Keep my info i gave you and should you have any issue finding us call me and ill help you find your way.

Got it, just made my "reservations", just 2 1/2 miles away. Free night with my reward points, that's good, fuel will be the biggest expense.

Just visited with AAA travel, 6 hour drive! Too long. I'll come on in on Friday instead and spend two days visiting your wonderful city and leave on Sunday.
I'll find a way to "kill time". If you see my license plate (On the left) honk and say hey, I'll have a lot of time on my hands!

Last edited:

mspgunner

Gary S

Oh, Oh guys..... I'm from Misouri with a valid CCW from Mo and AZ, why would I need to live in Broken Arrow to attend and OC?
If I need to cancel, I need to know very soon I'm hitting the road at 0700 12/14/12 to come on down!
you are welcome to come news 23 did a report without knowing any info about it it is not a sit in its just a lunch and all are welcome.

mspgunner

you are welcome to come news 23 did a report without knowing any info about it it is not a sit in its just a lunch and all are welcome.

Thanks... 7 hour drive, two nights in a motel for lunch with you folks..... I want agood time, not a night in your local lock up!

I'll be there!

Gary S

Every one this is not a protest or anything of that nature the reporter got there info wrong. It is still just a meet and greet lunch. I don't know if any news will be there or not im trying to get in touch with the reporter about the mix up.

Randy P

See, I knew what it was here. It is a time when a bunch of like minded folks are going to get together and eat some damn good BBQ and enjoy life. Somehow the media brings it in to play with a story about a shooting to try and group it with guns in general. Sorry, just really chaps my donkey.

I was just hoping by bringing it to light with the people organizing this they could be prepared for media or perhaps at least contact the media in question, just as you are doing. Kudos to you man!

Gary S

I just spoke to the reporter and clarified the meet and greet. She said she will correct it and apologized. No worries still can not wait for some good food.

Glock 1st fan

I just spoke to the reporter and clarified the meet and greet. She said she will correct it and apologized. No worries still can not wait for some good food.

Guys I apologize about the mix up. Sharon had the information right when she did the interview. The problem was that when she relayed it to the station they misunderstood what I was saying. I told Sharon that there were going to be a group of Firearms Enthusiast getting together and many will open carry. She wrote down the information and even facebooked me later about the information to verify it.

All in all they did a good job with it I thought and I am open to suggestions if I could have done something better. Keep in mind this was my first ever interview of anything.

-Kirby

hrdware

Guys I apologize about the mix up. Sharon had the information right when she did the interview. The problem was that when she relayed it to the station they misunderstood what I was saying. I told Sharon that there were going to be a group of Firearms Enthusiast getting together and many will open carry. She wrote down the information and even facebooked me later about the information to verify it.

All in all they did a good job with it I thought and I am open to suggestions if I could have done something better. Keep in mind this was my first ever interview of anything.

-Kirby

You did fine on the interview. The media misinterprets stuff all the time, it's generally not a huge deal. This time though, there is a big difference between a lunch meet and great and a sit in.

okiephlyer

Oh, Oh guys..... I'm from Misouri with a valid CCW from Mo and AZ, why would I need to live in Broken Arrow to attend and OC?
If I need to cancel, I need to know very soon I'm hitting the road at 0700 12/14/12 to come on down!

I don't see anywhere that the article says you have to be from Broken Arrow to be at the lunch. Come on down and enjoy the good company, and I hope, good BBQ. Knotty Pine was my favorite before their BA store burned many years ago. Their Tulsa store was too far away for most dining occasions. It seems to me that any good BBQ restaurant, at some point in their history, has burned.
Anyway, looking forward to meeting you, I will be in Missouri next week and you can give me the rundown on OC in MO.

Gary, surgery went well, so it looks like I will be there.

Glock 1st fan

See, I knew what it was here. It is a time when a bunch of like minded folks are going to get together and eat some damn good BBQ and enjoy life. Somehow the media brings it in to play with a story about a shooting to try and group it with guns in general. Sorry, just really chaps my donkey.

I was just hoping by bringing it to light with the people organizing this they could be prepared for media or perhaps at least contact the media in question, just as you are doing. Kudos to you man!

Well I am not by far the organizer of this meet and greet. I did give a suggestion to eat at Knotty Pine and other members set it up. Now as for the media Ill say that it was mutual with the news. I have for about a period of about a month been talking with Abbie Alford and closely following her stories on the Open Carry law. I mentioned to her that we were planning a get together and that it would be wonderful if perhaps she could come out and show us in a better light then the cowboy image that so many have portrayed us as. I told her about the lunch and when the shooting happened Sharon Phillips was told by Abbie that I had mentioned the lunch to her and she emailed me asking to do an interview.

I did the interview (Though due to time constraints a lot of good information was ommitted) and informed her that doing a story on the open carry and how it would affect the mall is an amazing story but people could come first hand and meet some of us. I told her so many people dont ever see an open carrier and this would be an excellent way for people to break the ice and see that we are out there and we are not villans. So she did the story and asked about the lunch and I gave her the basic information I had.

Now guys and galls this is all a team effort and each and every one of you are the reason this is happening. Organizing a get together doesnt do any good without people to attend. People who attend do so because one of us passed along the information. So its a very special thank you to all of you and to all of the orginazations such as The Oklahoma Open Carry association, the NRA, and especially to our governer who signed this in to law. Each and every one of you are part of both your own personal rights and mine and everyone elses too!

Glock 1st fan

And by the way You have a ccw that is state issued so bring it with you. Oklahoma recognizes any other states permit and affords them within the state of Oklahoma the same priveledges as if though it were an Oklahoma issued Permit. Your good to go my friend!

Gary S

It was all a thing that happened and the reporter fixed it that's why the on line article says nothing more about a sit in just a lunch and the public is welcome to come and join us. Like i said when i first organized this meet and greet, bring anyone you want, friends and family are welcome.

Oklaccer, im glad the surgery went good i look forward to meeting you, and everyone else.

mspgunner

I don't see anywhere that the article says you have to be from Broken Arrow to be at the lunch. Come on down and enjoy the good company, and I hope, good BBQ. Knotty Pine was my favorite before their BA store burned many years ago. Their Tulsa store was too far away for most dining occasions. It seems to me that any good BBQ restaurant, at some point in their history, has burned.
Anyway, looking forward to meeting you, I will be in Missouri next week and you can give me the rundown on OC in MO.

Gary, surgery went well, so it looks like I will be there.

My bags ar epacked, I'm ready to go, leaving at 0700 Friday, I'll enjoy your town while I'm there.
MO. does not have preemption, OC is legal except where prohibited by municipalities. I'll explain more when I meet you folks, needless to say I'm working every single day on OC rights in Missouri. I don't post what I and my associates are doing abouyt it. We know the "media" and people who don't particularly like people to have their constitutional rights watch this and other 2A sites......

See 'ya Sat., I'll have my lap top in case there is an update.................

Gary S

My bags ar epacked, I'm ready to go, leaving at 0700 Friday, I'll enjoy your town while I'm there.
MO. does not have preemption, OC is legal except where prohibited by municipalities. I'll explain more when I meet you folks, needless to say I'm working every single day on OC rights in Missouri. I don't post what I and my associates are doing abouyt it. We know the "media" and people who don't particularly like people to have their constitutional rights watch this and other 2A sites......

See 'ya Sat., I'll have my lap top in case there is an update.................

Im going to be out of town tomorrow or Id invite you to the range for some shooting. There will be more times Im sure you'll be this way, and im up your way once or twice a year.

Randy P

Doing my best to try and be there tomorrow. Mostly because I want some knotty pine bbq and coleslaw. :lol: I had no idea they had a place in BA to be honest, it broke my heart when the store burned in Sand Springs.

I'll be the fat guy with boots on and a carhartt shirt. :p So far I have not told the wife, so I might walk in and be able to say "look honey, all those guys have their guns on too!" She's the paranoid one and never lets me tuck my shirt in, so I'm usually more or less CC with the occasional peek a boo of the barrel/holster.

Gary S

Doing my best to try and be there tomorrow. Mostly because I want some knotty pine bbq and coleslaw. :lol: I had no idea they had a place in BA to be honest, it broke my heart when the store burned in Sand Springs.

I'll be the fat guy with boots on and a carhartt shirt. :p So far I have not told the wife, so I might walk in and be able to say "look honey, all those guys have their guns on too!" She's the paranoid one and never lets me tuck my shirt in, so I'm usually more or less CC with the occasional peek a boo of the barrel/holster.

Don't feel bad my wife want me to cover also when we are together, she will be at work tomorrow. She feels to many people won't want to see my firearm open, I've had all good encounters with the public so far, im sure someone will be un educated and will say something not knowing what they are talking about.
Needless to say my wife and i don't go everywhere together, only out to eat or something like that.