• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

** Legal Defense fund for Skidmark **

VGOF

Information on the legal defense fund will be published in the VGOF newsletter later this weekend, pending approval of the write-up (or write-up submitted by) Dan.

To subscribe to the VGOF newsletter, visit http://vagunforum.net (http://VGOF.net) and enter your email address in the sign-up form in the top left corner of the site.

VGOF will be supporting this effort in any way possible.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I'm still here.

I'm just overwhelmed by the support and encouragement that is flowing in.

As is standard, my attorney has advised me not to discuss any details unless vetted by him. Those that know me understand how difficult that is for me.

The other difficult thing for me to deal with is accepting your support and encouragement. I'm supposed to be the lean-on guy who will show up at a moment's notice with bucks I cannot afford to give away being thrust into someone else's hand, as well as a firm voice and strong (well, at least not feeble) arm.

What you are doing is going to ruin my reputation. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for that.

As for legal disabilities, there are none. But discretion, valor and all that may keep me away from some places.

stay safe.

VGOF

Last edited:

Mechman

Thank you!

I'm still here.

As is standard, my attorney has advised me not to discuss any details unless vetted by him. Those that know me understand how difficult that is for me.

The other difficult thing for me to deal with is accepting your support and encouragement. I'm supposed to be the lean-on guy who will show up at a moment's notice with bucks I cannot afford to give away being thrust into someone else's hand, as well as a firm voice and strong (well, at least not feeble) arm.

What you are doing is going to ruin my reputation. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for that.

As for legal disabilities, there are none. But discretion, valor and all that may keep me away from some places.

stay safe.

Let me take the opportunity to thank YOU for all that you have done for us in the past!!! Hang in there...you are not alone in this! We are behind you and around you!

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran

45acpForMe

I'm still here.

<snip>

When they took you to jail to get fingerprinted and a mugshot you probably felt like you didn't have a friend in the world.

Think of "It's a Wonderful Life" towards the end when George Bailey discovers what real friends he has.

060828_DVD_JimmyStewartEX.jpg

Seeing everyone support you is a beautiful thing. Seeing you driving that Ferrari that Surry will be buying you will be even better. :)

Ferrari-Enzo-Red-Car.jpg

BTW: I emailed Philip the link to this thread and asked him about VA-Alert this morning. As Peter said, he knows and I assume that anything he does with the info will follow users advice.

Last edited:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
This says one hell of a lot for the good folks who patronize these forums on OCDO. While we do argue at times amongst ourselves and have our disagreements, this incident is a testament to the character of the people on this website. It does my heart good to see this and proud to be a member of such a community of fine people. God bless you all and God speed to Skid and User.

Last edited:

Coniferous

Saw this thread from a link posted on http://NCGunOwners.com. Thanks Sultan62 for bringing this to our attention. My blood is more than slightly boiling and I will pray, also send a little money when the paypal link goes up -

As I said over there, this is literally a fight against tyranny, right here, right now. We'd be silly not to jump in!

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
PayPal

PayPal account and a separate stand alone bank account have been set up. Each individual Paypal donor will receive a forwarded copy of the "funds received" notification as proof of receipt. There will be full accountability to Skidmark's attorney.

Skidmark's Legal Defense Fund
Anyone wishing to contribute should send a check to:

Virginia Legal Defense
P.O. Box 100
Broad Run, Va. 20137

Checks should be made out to "VLD Attorney Escrow", with a notation on the memo line that it's for Skidmark (Paul Henick). Just writing "Henick" will be sufficient. All such checks will be deposited into the attorney-trust account on Paul's behalf and as his property; anyone who does so should understand that this is not tax deductible, and that it's an irrevocable gift to Paul. If there's money left over at the end of all this, it will go to him.

....................................OR

Send your contributions via PayPal to Aksar-ben@hotmail.com .

Be sure you click the PERSONAL tab, and then click the GIFT button, This will eliminate PayPal taking a cut of your contribution.
OP has been edited to add the above PayPal instructions.

Last edited: