• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

** Legal Defense fund for Skidmark **

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I came accross this link:
http://www2.timesdispatch.com/list/gotcha-chesterfield-arrest-photo-gallery-1120/gallery/

Which shows a couple of pics.. The one after paul has the caption: "
Raul Magana arrested for UNLAWFUL RECORDING DEVICE in Chesterfield."
I wonder what THATS about too.

Nevermind.. it was counterfeit CD's

They arrested Santa Claus - OMG, think of the children.

I so disagree with the public notoriety of arrest photos etc - I know the records are public but the perception of guilt is delivered. The media should save it for later in the process IMO.

Mr. Magana may have had a parabolic microphone. I don't think they are illegal to own but using one might create problems with one-party consent laws - never heard of an unlawful recording device myself.

OldCurlyWolf

The brandishing charge was made by the contractor's supervisor; the obstruction charge was made by the deputy. What do you make of that?

By the way, can I talk you into sending money?

Time to file counter charges of filing a false report against the supervisor and the deputy. NEVER give an ahole a free shot. Always counter punch.

:mad::mad:

palerider116

Time to file counter charges of filing a false report against the supervisor and the deputy. NEVER give an ahole a free shot. Always counter punch.

:mad::mad:

18.2-461. Falsely summoning or giving false reports to law-enforcement officials.

It shall be unlawful for any person (i) to knowingly give a false report as to the commission of any crime to any law-enforcement official with intent to mislead, or (ii) without just cause and with intent to interfere with the operations of any law-enforcement official, to call or summon any law-enforcement official by telephone or other means, including engagement or activation of an automatic emergency alarm. Violation of the provisions of this section shall be punishable as a Class 1 misdemeanor.

Unfortunately VA code does not anticipate the false reporting to be on the officer's part.

HeroHog

I spoke with Skidmark earlier today and he is bursting at the seams to talk to us guys BUT, it is in his best interest NOT to do so AT THIS TIME. Please don't pressure him off-line for any juicy details... it's just cruel guys.

His exact words:
Skidmark said:
I do not have the words to express my gratitude for the support and encouragement that folks are giving, just within the few hours the news has been made public.

I wish I could say something - anything - about even that, but "on the advice of my attorney ...." - not even my t-shirt has anything we can say.

One favor you could do is let folks know that I am aware of their support but am bound by both my attorney's instructions and discretion to keep my mouth shut. And you know how hard that will be for me.

stay safe.

Last edited:

user

Accomplished Advocate
Where did they get the authority to CLOSE the hearing in this case? My understanding was that these types of proceedings involving adults were OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.

When I discussed this issue with Gerald Poindexter, the Commonwealth's Attorney, he vehemently denied that it had occurred. I pointed out that there were three people there as observers who had all told me the same thing. His response was that they "certainly do not have Star Chamber proceedings in Surry County."

We'll see what happens on January 4.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Grape,

It sounds like you need to involve the State AG, the U.S. AG, the NRA, and a lawsuit to the tune of $50 Million for wrongful arrest, wrongful prosecution, unlawful detainment, abuse of power, defamation of character, and anything else you can find in the law.

At a minimum, this needs NRA attention!

He's going to quickly become a victim of the premise: I'm a cop...even if I lie, whose testimony do you think they're going to believe when we get to court.

This would be fine unless it is the taxpayers who wind up footing the bill for these idiots. As long as the "corporate vale" can be pierced and we can get to them personally so taxpayer expense is minimized, let's take them for all we can.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
surryferry.jpg

Ed;

Super job on the response letter to the District Administrator. Just excellent.

45acpForMe

This whole situation makes my blood boil. It is bad enough going through the process of being charge, jailed, setting up a defense for something you didn't do but if this happened to me it would also affect my livelyhood and threaten my job. For an authority to trump up non-exisitent charges and pursue them in the way they did is pure evil/tyranny.

I am sorry this is happening for Paul and will pledge support both financially and otherwise.

User, there have been a few good suggestions already in the thread. Can you comment on whether the WA state letter can be updated for VA and if you would want us to send one from each of us? Also the NRA, and other suggestions sound good to me, is that something you will pursue? Can we setup a demonstration at the Ferry? (making sure it is purely legal?)

Hopefully the criminal part of this can end January 4th and you can start the civil process of suing their arse's!

riverrat10k

Blatant fascism

I heard about this a few days after it happened but Skid did not give all the details, wisely.

Gave some and will give more, probably.

Skidmark is a true point man for our second amendment rights in VA, in fact for all citizens rights. I would call him a "lawyer" but not an attorney. It boils my blood that this happened, but Surry County could hardly have picked a worse person to pull this crap on.

Please help as you can, folks. Skidmark is a true advocate for our rights and deserves our assistance.

TFred

It may be more of a theatrical invention than actual history, however I cannot help but be reminded of this famous quote at the end of the movie Tora! Tora! Tora! by Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto:

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

If not yet, soon enough the Hazzard (I mean Surry) County "good ole boys" are gonna have to start shoveling.

TFred

eye95

When I discussed this issue with Gerald Poindexter, the Commonwealth's Attorney, he vehemently denied that it had occurred. I pointed out that there were three people there as observers who had all told me the same thing. His response was that they "certainly do not have Star Chamber proceedings in Surry County."

We'll see what happens on January 4.

That's twice now that what has happened has been denied. We can see the strategy now: deny, deny, deny.