• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

40th Annual Great Midwest Marijuana Harvest Festival

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROKENSPROKET

You didn't have much to say to me when I was waiting at the courthouse in Black River to disarm you. You promised to carry a Hi-Point into the courthouse, remember? Or do you have a problem with short-term memory?

I was not tongue-tied. I was biting my tongue. Sorry, it won't happen again.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Guns and drugs conflates both issues complicated enough alone. St. Norbert Times

http://media.www.snctimes.com/media...13/Entertainment/Hollywood.Dirt-3930315.shtml

An advocate of legally armed citizens is utterly impeached by any illicit involvement, drugs, sex, criminal behavior (Rule 15 don't forget), Hollyweird people, tabloid driven 'philosophy', and worst, wage-slaves as 'leaders'. The advocacy is reduced to mere activism of la cause du jour.

M

McX

i think you guys just need to hash out your differences and have a beer with obama in the rose garden.

BROKENSPROKET

OK, since John had to step in lets let this go for now. I think we understand one another better anyway, so there is always some good that comes out of these exchanges.

That is unless any dopers have anything more to say if they can get the brownies out of their mouths long enough.

Hey Spartacus, you are being largely hypocritical. The way you stereotype and attack Cannabis Rx users is worse than an anti-gunner saying that all we want to do is carry guns to intimidate others, itching for a reason to shoot someone.

Spartacus

Banned
Hey Spartacus, you are being largely hypocritical. The way you stereotype and attack Cannabis Rx users is worse than an anti-gunner saying that all we want to do is carry guns to intimidate others, itching for a reason to shoot someone.

OK.

Thats a very unenlightened and illogical comparison.

What type of cancer do all the hundreds of tie-dye wearing flower children that will be at the Madison event have?

Just joking.

I am indeed aware of the medical benefits of THC. In fact there is a synthetic version called Marinol which is much safer than pot and just as effective. But of course it doesn't get you high, dammit!

http://www.justice.gov/dea/ongoing/marinol.html

M

McX

sparticus, you damn hippy, now you'll be out shopping for a hooka holder for the gun belt you got!

for me; i get my kicks above the waistline sunshine. (where is that quote from?)

Canard

sparticus, you damn hippy, now you'll be out shopping for a hooka holder for the gun belt you got!

for me; i get my kicks above the waistline sunshine. (where is that quote from?)

Wow. Kickin' it old school 80's with the "one night in Bangkok" reference.

M

McX

the canard knows!

added on edit; i got me a plan! while some of you are sampling the local flora and fauna, i'll hold your guns, then abscond with them, since you'll be too whacked to notice. good way for me to upgrade my firearms!

Last edited:

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
As a matter of principle, I could never criticize someone for their choice of drug (whether that be pot, caffeine, nicotine, etc) lest they criticize me for my drug of choice (alcohol)

Luckily for me, my drug of choice (alcohol) is legal. Its the only drug I ever use. (no caffeine, can't stand smoke, don't need other drugs)

Its unfortunate that our country spends TRILLIONS of dollars protecting people from themselves and that one drug is legal and another drug is not. The War in drugs is just a BIG GOVERNMENT SPENDING SPREE designed to grow the size of government. Police resources should be refocused on true crimes where there is a victim.

As a matter of principle lets let people make the choices that are best for them and get the government out of it. As a matter of practice, follow the law while you work to change it.

As for OC'ing. As far as I'm concerned, if you REALLY believe in freedom, you shouldn't have to pick and choose which freedom's you exercise in your life.

I advocate that people follow the law. I advocate that people work to change laws they believe are unconstitutional OR useless and just mechanism's of an overbearing big nanny government.

So follow the law and ABC (always be carrying)

If I go to a Tea Party I'll be advocating for multiple rights. The right to carry, the right to assemble, the right to free speech, the freedom from oppressive taxes. I support freedom across the board. I don't advocate for just one right at a time.

We'd all like to see the best "face" on open-carry that we can. Some would (and have on this forum) suggested that means wearing slacks and polo shirts and being clean shaven when we carry.

I have always felt that OC represents a perfect cross section of society and that we will really have freedom when we don't have to look or dress a certain way to exercise a right without harassment.

So does OC'ing at a pot festival make the "perfect" impression... eh... maybe not. But then again, none of us make the 'perfect' impression when we carry.

I would never discourage someone with long hair, tattoo's and piercings from lawful carry. I would say you have the same rights no matter how you look.

I would never discourage someone from carrying at a Pot festival. A right is a right. Follow the law and carry on.

The Don

I would never discourage someone with long hair, tattoo's and piercings from lawful carry. I would say you have the same rights no matter how you look.

Whew...for a minute there I was worried. Well, I guess I don't have any tattoo's...then again, I've always wanted a nice big phoenix rising across my back.

BROKENSPROKET

OK.

Thats a very unenlightened and illogical comparison.

What type of cancer do all the hundreds of tie-dye wearing flower children that will be at the Madison event have?

Just joking.

I am indeed aware of the medical benefits of THC. In fact there is a synthetic version called Marinol which is much safer than pot and just as effective. But of course it doesn't get you high, dammit!

http://www.justice.gov/dea/ongoing/marinol.html

If you ask the DEA they will say its just as effective, but the majority of doctors disagree.

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

Count the number of posts I had to edit in this thread alone ... I am really having trouble keeping up with the personal feuds on the WI forum.

If this doesn't stop, I am going to have to start banning people ... starting with the worst offenders and working my way down until I don't get 25 reported posts per night from the WI forum anymore. :banghead:

Fair warning!

John

Hey John,

Maybe we could play a game of 'Survivor OCDO - WI Forum' where every month someone gets voted off.

BROKENSPROKET

As a matter of principle, I could never criticize someone for their choice of drug (whether that be pot, caffeine, nicotine, etc) lest they criticize me for my drug of choice (alcohol)

Luckily for me, my drug of choice (alcohol) is legal. Its the only drug I ever use. (no caffeine, can't stand smoke, don't need other drugs)

Its unfortunate that our country spends TRILLIONS of dollars protecting people from themselves and that one drug is legal and another drug is not. The War in drugs is just a BIG GOVERNMENT SPENDING SPREE designed to grow the size of government. Police resources should be refocused on true crimes where there is a victim.

As a matter of principle lets let people make the choices that are best for them and get the government out of it. As a matter of practice, follow the law while you work to change it.

As for OC'ing. As far as I'm concerned, if you REALLY believe in freedom, you shouldn't have to pick and choose which freedom's you exercise in your life.

I advocate that people follow the law. I advocate that people work to change laws they believe are unconstitutional OR useless and just mechanism's of an overbearing big nanny government.

If I go to a Tea Party I'll be advocating for multiple rights. The right to carry, the right to assemble, the right to free speech, the freedom from oppressive taxes. I support freedom across the board. I don't advocate for just one right at a time.

We'd all like to see the best "face" on open-carry that we can. Some would (and have on this forum) suggested that means wearing slacks and polo shirts and being clean shaven when we carry.

I have always felt that OC represents a perfect cross section of society and that we will really have freedom when we don't have to look or dress a certain way to exercise a right without harassment.

So does OC'ing at a pot festival make the "perfect" impression... eh... maybe not. But then again, none of us make the 'perfect' impression when we carry.

I would never discourage someone from carrying at a Pot festival. A right is a right. Follow the law and carry on.

Thank you Nik for chiming in. You give us very sound and reasonable leadership.

blaze

I applaud you Chairman. Not a good post, a great post.

Status
Not open for further replies.