• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

40th Annual Great Midwest Marijuana Harvest Festival

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendon .45

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
There are actually a number of independent studies whose results question the efficacy of Marinol versus the real thing.

Here's an example of one concluding that much larger doses than those normally prescribed of Marinol are necessary to get the same results as smoked marijuana in increased appetites for HIV patients.
http://www.druglib.com/abstract/ha/haney-m_psychopharmacology-berl_20050800.html

And besides, what's wrong with terminal patients taking something that not only aleviates their pain, but that they might actually get some enjoyment out of?

I would carry with you, Brokensprocket, but I will out of town that day for a wedding. I haven't been to harvest fest since '93!

Spartacus

Banned
Hey spartie,
Do you feel all people who are prescribed opiate based pain medications are just taking them to get high too?

Hey Nutty,

Wisconsin is not prescribing weed presently so your argument is dumb.

As I've said I have no problem with medical pot or how people live their lives but I do have a problem with people wearing WCI T-shirts and handing out pamphlets at a pot fest, at least until we get past the important elections coming up and concealed carry passed. Then everybody can do as they like. Or did Brokensproket just plan on OCing and not explaining about WCI and the movement? Its hard to OC and not talk about it.

Hell, Oktoberfest is coming up here in La Crosse. Lets all holster up and head over to the beer tent. It would be perfectly legal but it wouldn't look good now would it?

Hey, Gunderson-Lutheran hospital has a Starbucks in the lobby. Lets have a meet and greet with about 50 guys... whadda ya say?

Last edited:

The Don

Hey Nutty,

Wisconsin is not prescribing weed presently so your argument is dumb.

As I've said I have no problem with medical pot or how people live their lives but I do have a problem with people wearing WCI T-shirts and handing out pamphlets at a pot fest, at least until we get past the important elections coming up and concealed carry passed. Then everybody can do as they like. Or did Brokensproket just plan on OCing and not explaining about WCI and the movement? Its hard to OC and not talk about it.

Hell, Oktoberfest is coming up here in La Crosse. Lets all holster up and head over to the beer tent. It would be perfectly legal but it wouldn't look good now would it?

Hey, Gunderson-Lutheran hospital has a Starbucks in the lobby. Lets have a meet and greet with about 50 guys... whadda ya say?

Actually you yourself opened the argument up to the national level when you posted the link to the DEA article, and again when you mentioned the FDA. That makes Nutczak's point about prescription opiates fair game and means it deserves a real counter argument - not just calling it dumb. Or are the DEA and FDA state agencies now?

So BrokenSprocket can expect your full support after the elections and concealed carry is passed? I hope you'll excuse my skepticism.

As for Oktoberfest and Gunderson-Lutheran, if it's legal then sure. Why willingly yield ground?

Last edited:

Spartacus

Banned
Actually you yourself opened the argument up to the national level when you posted the link to the DEA article, and again when you mentioned the FDA. That makes Nutczak's point about prescription opiates fair game and means it deserves a real counter argument - not just calling it dumb. Or are the DEA and FDA state agencies now?

So BrokenSprocket can expect your full support after the elections and concealed carry is passed? I hope you'll excuse my skepticism.

As for Oktoberfest and Gunderson-Lutheran, if it's legal then sure. Why willingly yield ground?

God help us.

Already said I had no problem with dopers. Its a free country. Smoke 'em you got 'em.

As far as Nutty's argument, its still foolish even at the federal level. Opiate derivatives are DEA Scheduled. Use them off prescription and go to jail. There are a lot of people that get hooked on them.

The Don

Already said I had no problem with dopers.

Use them off prescription and go to jail.

A derogatory term such as "dopers" indicates you do have a problem with those who choose to use for medical reasons, which is what you yourself are discussing here. If it doesn't indicate your true thoughts on the matter either use a different, non-derogatory term or admit you're using it intentionally to belittle, name-call or otherwise bait BROKENSPROKET. It'd be another matter entirely if the focus of this discussion was recreational use, but it hasn't been so.

Again, the discussion has been medical use focused..."Use them off prescription and go to jail." is a moot point.

Last edited:

Spartacus

Banned
A derogatory term such as "dopers" indicates you do have a problem with those who choose to use for medical reasons, which is what you yourself are discussing here. If it doesn't indicate your true thoughts on the matter either use a different, non-derogatory term or admit you're using it intentionally to belittle, name-call or otherwise bait BROKENSPROKET. It'd be another matter entirely if the focus of this discussion was recreational use, but it hasn't been so.

Again, the discussion has been medical use focused..."Use them off prescription and go to jail." is a moot point.

COMMENTS REMOVED BY MODERATOR: Personal attack

Mlutz

Back to your girly arguments, eh? Nutty brought up opiate derivatives and you whined about me not addressing the issue correctly and so I did. And now you piss and moan again. I suppose you need John to come over again because you like the attention.

And AFAIK Brokensprocket does not have cancer and is a doper. Is that clear enough for you?

"innocent until proven guilty"?

Spartacus

Banned
"innocent until proven guilty"?

You guys are missing the point entirely. I could care less about lifestyle choices.

Point being just keep it in your pants until we get the elections past us and concealed carry. Don't make "unnecessary" waves at this time. Try not to break the law and get noticed by the media. DON"T SHOOT ANYONE unless absolutely necessary. Be firm but polite with cops. Don't scare old ladies and children if you can help it.

For most people sidearms are BAD. We need to educate the public and sway opinion but in a kind and gentle way for now especially, not pushing our way in like bulls in a china shop.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Beer tent would be a class-b, wouldn't it?

Why not the Starbucks in the hospital? Someone set it up and let's go!

paul@paul-fisher.com

Hmmm. So you are wrong about oc in a beer tent, I call you out and you play the gay card?

How mature!

Anyhow, if you wish to oc in the gay rights parade go for it. I personally wouldn't even attend.

The Don

You guys are missing the point entirely. I could care less about lifestyle choices.

Point being just keep it in your pants until we get the elections past us and concealed carry. Don't make "unnecessary" waves at this time. Try not to break the law and get noticed by the media. DON"T SHOOT ANYONE unless absolutely necessary. Be firm but polite with cops. Don't scare old ladies and children if you can help it.

For most people sidearms are BAD. We need to educate the public and sway opinion but in a kind and gentle way for now especially, not pushing our way in like bulls in a china shop.

That's your point and you've made it. Many times. We've acknowledged that's your point. Many times.

My point (and others, if I'm understanding what they're saying correctly) is that legally, BROKENSPROKET or whoever has the RIGHT to carry at the festival. Or at a gay rights parade. Or at the Starbucks at Gunderson-Lutheran. Or anywhere that isn't one of the five places we can't LEGALLY carry.

You may not like it. You may like it. The fact is, it doesn't matter if you like it or not, if you approve or not. We (the people) have the right to do so, if we so choose.

Personally, I don't drink, smoke, or use illegal drugs. I've never been able to truly understand the want or need to engage in any of those activities. BUT, I still support the right of people to drink and smoke. AND I support the right of those who don't agree with the illegality of certain drugs (in this case marijuana) to protest and engage in peaceful civil disobedience to try and get those laws changed. In some ways, I think those people are a lot braver than we who open carry are, because we have the law on our side, and we know we'll win in court in the end. They don't have that assurance.

Is it wise to mix the two...maybe, maybe not - but it really doesn't matter since it's a right that BROKENSPROKET has and he would be doing nothing illegal by doing so.

Even WCI-Chairman has said, "I would never discourage someone from carrying at a Pot festival. A right is a right. Follow the law and carry on."

The Don

Back to your girly arguments, eh? Nutty brought up opiate derivatives and you whined about me not addressing the issue correctly and so I did. And now you piss and moan again. I suppose you need John to come over again because you like the attention.

And AFAIK Brokensprocket does not have cancer and is a doper. Is that clear enough for you?

Pointing out the disparity between what you claim and what you words (or, in the cyber-world, your actions) reveal is a girly argument? As for the Administrator "coming over", all the arguments I've made (either of the issues or in pointing out areas where you were wrong or engaging in personal attacks) are logical and rational and free of name calling.

Whether or not BROKENSPROKET does or does not use marijuana isn't the issue being discussed. The issues being discussed are OCing at a marijuana festival, and medical marijuana. One is LEGAL and the other is something that is legal in several (many?) states, but not currently legal in WI. Illegal drug use is not being discussed by anyone but you - which is on the edge of violating rule 15, incidentally.

Honestly, all of it is irrelevant, since BROKENSPROKET wasn't asking for permission, or others opinions, in his original post, he simply stated the festival was going on, he was going and going to carry, and asked if anyone else was going.

It's right here - \/ - if you want to look.

Looking to see if others are going.

Since it is right down town Madison on Oct. 2-3, I will be Open Carrying.

Last edited:

The Don

Hmmm. So you are wrong about oc in a beer tent, I call you out and you play the gay card?

Those are steps 4 and 5 of the Spartacus Maneuver, Paul.

Step 4 - someone else points out he's wrong about an issue and he doesn't like it.
Step 5 - he engages in personal attacks, belittling, name calling, and/or bringing up dead issues to deflect attention from his error.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Those are steps 4 and 5 of the Spartacus Maneuver, Paul.

Step 4 - someone else points out he's wrong about an issue and he doesn't like it.
Step 5 - he engages in personal attacks, belittling, name calling, and/or bringing up dead issues to deflect attention from his error.

Oh, I know. When he gets into a debate he does ready, fire, aim and usually hits his foot.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
I am just trying to figure a baseline for spartacus and who he considers a "Doper" since he refers to all users of Marijuana (even if prescribed by a licensed physician) as dopers.
I was curious if spartacus also considered people who are prescribed opiate medications as dopers too.

There is way too much evidence supporting the excellent therapeutic effects of marijuana to label all medical users off the plant as dopers.
I truly hope that If I am ever afflicted with a malady where the use of marijuana is beneficial to the treatment or to help alleviate the devastating/debilitating effects of a disease that it is available to me legally without people trying to attach stigma's to it's use or referring to its use as "A doper just wanting to get high"

Spartacus

Banned
Stick This in Your Pipe and Smoke it!!!

I am just trying to figure a baseline for spartacus and who he considers a "Doper" since he refers to all users of Marijuana (even if prescribed by a licensed physician) as dopers.
I was curious if spartacus also considered people who are prescribed opiate medications as dopers too.

There is way too much evidence supporting the excellent therapeutic effects of marijuana to label all medical users off the plant as dopers.
I truly hope that If I am ever afflicted with a malady where the use of marijuana is beneficial to the treatment or to help alleviate the devastating/debilitating effects of a disease that it is available to me legally without people trying to attach stigma's to it's use or referring to its use as "A doper just wanting to get high"

Yah all you guys are instant google experts on the benefits of pot now. Amazing how quickly it happens.

The fact is, when you smoke that sh!t you have no friggen idea what they used to fertilize it with or what chemicals it was treated or processed with. Even if you have to take a few more pills, Marinol is still a safer alternative.

From the website of the tyrannical federal government which is depriving you of your rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of a good buzz:

"Unlike smoked marijuana--which contains more than 400 different chemicals, including most of the hazardous chemicals found in tobacco smoke-Marinol has been studied and approved by the medical community and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the nation's watchdog over unsafe and harmful food and drug products. Since the passage of the 1906 Pure Food and Drug Act, any drug that is marketed in the United States must undergo rigorous scientific testing. The approval process mandated by this act ensures that claims of safety and therapeutic value are supported by clinical evidence and keeps unsafe, ineffective and dangerous drugs off the market.

There are no FDA-approved medications that are smoked. For one thing, smoking is generally a poor way to deliver medicine. It is difficult to administer safe, regulated dosages of medicines in smoked form. Secondly, the harmful chemicals and carcinogens that are byproducts of smoking create entirely new health problems. There are four times the level of tar in a marijuana cigarette, for example, than in a tobacco cigarette"

Status
Not open for further replies.