• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police Forum Thread on the Culver's 5

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
I didn't feel like registering on another forum either so I sent mac som PM's about wisconsin law. Since it seems we know it better than the police in madison we're probably a better source....

To Citizen......

respect-my-authority.jpg
Sorry, I couldn't resist....:lol:

Spartacus

Banned
I'm thinking I might be of some use to a forum like Mac's.

I'll prolly head over there tomorrow all peaceful-like and unarmed. Maybe with some legal pepper spray or a cell phone to call LE in case I was attacked but never an evil gun that could harm any living creature especially small animals or rapists. I understand that only cops can have those sorts of things.

I wonder if I will make any friends over there Mac? Is the thin blue line friendly to non-LE?

goforlow

I really like this statement.

User name: Standard Dave -- a user with over 1200 posts on that site

"It's frustrating sometimes not to be able to do something about idiots who are there to stir things up or test responses, I've had this problem with anti war/ anti gun protesters, suspected terrorists, animal rights activists and religious groups you have to leave them be at that time and nail them on for something else or use ways and means to ID them later if it is truly important.

Most people have to go home or to their car at some point. "

If I can't bust you for what I want to, I don't care, I will find something else to screw them over for! Great example of quality law enforcement!!

Not bashing, showing proof of LEO way of thinking.

maclean

"It's frustrating sometimes not to be able to do something about idiots who are there to stir things up or test responses, I've had this problem with anti war/ anti gun protesters, suspected terrorists, animal rights activists and religious groups you have to leave them be at that time and nail them on for something else or use ways and means to ID them later if it is truly important.

If I can't bust you for what I want to, I don't care, I will find something else to screw them over for! Great example of quality law enforcement!!

Not sure how much you looked around, but Dave is not a United States LEO.

I'm certain you are aware of the differences between the US and the UK.

maclean

I'm thinking I might be of some use to a forum like Mac's.

I'll prolly head over there tomorrow all peaceful-like and unarmed. Maybe with some legal pepper spray or a cell phone to call LE in case I was attacked but never an evil gun that could harm any living creature especially small animals or rapists. I understand that only cops can have those sorts of things.

I wonder if I will make any friends over there Mac? Is the thin blue line friendly to non-LE?

We have many civilians, including the OP of the thread that caught your attention.

As for guns, I was armed before I was an LEO, I will be armed after I am an LEO. My wife is armed.

My father is armed as a retired LEO, and my mother is armed. Both of my living brothers are armed. When my sons come of age, they will be armed.

In other words, I would carefully reserve "evil gun" ad hominem to those for whom it applies.

Say hi if you join up!

sultan62

We have many civilians, including the OP of the thread that caught your attention.

As for guns, I was armed before I was an LEO, I will be armed after I am an LEO. My wife is armed.

My father is armed as a retired LEO, and my mother is armed. Both of my living brothers are armed. When my sons come of age, they will be armed.

In other words, I would carefully reserve "evil gun" ad hominem to those for whom it applies.

Say hi if you join up!

Mac, I just registered over there, pending approval. As I'm there to discuss the OC topic, should I introduce myself just in that thread, or in the new members section?

maclean

Mac, I just registered over there, pending approval. As I'm there to discuss the OC topic, should I introduce myself just in that thread, or in the new members section?

Thank you for asking, sir.

The section we prefer for introductions is "Introduce Yourself."

No ID required ;)

Your membership was just approved.

Last edited:

sultan62

Thank you for asking, sir.

The section we prefer for introductions is "Introduce Yourself."

No ID required ;)

Your membership was just approved.

Thanks for the (I assume) expedition.

Will introduce myself in that section and the referenced thread shortly.

MKEgal

Thought I'd have a go at it, so I went to set up an account.
Their "are you really a human" question was: what color is the sky?
Mmmm... it's 11:45pm, in Sept., in WI. The sky is black.
System didn't like that answer, gave me a new question.
::shaking head:: Computers are so inflexible.

(Pity my parents, who had to deal with this as I was growing up.)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Goforlow wrote:

Mac replied

Not sure how much you looked around, but Dave is not a United States LEO.

I'm certain you are aware of the differences between the US and the UK.

I don't think we are going to find the differences between US and UK LEOs in that particular post.

Last edited:

sultan62

Thought I'd have a go at it, so I went to set up an account.
Their "are you really a human" question was: what color is the sky?
Mmmm... it's 11:45pm, in Sept., in WI. The sky is black.
System didn't like that answer, gave me a new question.
::shaking head:: Computers are so inflexible.

(Pity my parents, who had to deal with this as I was growing up.)

Haha, my question was "What color is the Red Sea?"

I went for the obvious and answered "Red", even though it's not really...

TyGuy

Some good discussion going on now that we can speak to each other.

I think that some people, a very small number, might OC for the "look at me factor." However, I believe that the majority of OCers are doing it out of personal defense. That's why I OC, and if WI allowed for CC then I would do that TOO. I would rather have the option of OC or CC, but I'll take whatever I can get right now and work to change the law.

I respect LEOs, have LEOs in the family, flirted with the idea of becomming a LEO, but I firmly believe in the rule of law. LEOs must operate within the confines of the law. When they step outside of those bounds they no longer have authority.

Let's keep the open discourse going here. Thanks for coming back maclean.

protias

Some good discussion going on now that we can speak to each other.

I think that some people, a very small number, might OC for the "look at me factor." However, I believe that the majority of OCers are doing it out of personal defense. That's why I OC, and if WI allowed for CC then I would do that TOO. I would rather have the option of OC or CC, but I'll take whatever I can get right now and work to change the law.

I respect LEOs, have LEOs in the family, flirted with the idea of becomming a LEO, but I firmly believe in the rule of law. LEOs must operate within the confines of the law. When they step outside of those bounds they no longer have authority.

Let's keep the open discourse going here. Thanks for coming back maclean.
Well, you can CC in WI, but it would be illegal.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
I think that some people, a very small number, might OC for the "look at me factor." However, I believe that the majority of OCers are doing it out of personal defense.
More divisive division. The only reason, "Because I may!" 'Personal defense' presumes, modus ponens.

How are "look at me" OCers separated from the openly carrying body mods, or orange t-shirts?

TyGuy

I don't get the question. My point is that it's not just about making a statement. Perhaps I should reword it?

Some people do it to make a statement, to show that it is their right. Some people do it for personal defense. Some people do it for both. Some people do it because the dandelions told them to. It doesn't matter, it's legal.

I was objecting to the notion that people ONLY OC for the political/look at me factor. That may be part of why they do it or not. Does it really matter if they are following the laws?

Clear it is, no?