• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hampton Roads - OC reports

MSC 45ACP

I OC at the Newport News Sams regularly. Some looks once in a while but never any problems. I did have one old lady follow me around for about 20 minutes. Maybe she really liked the Rosewood grips on my Kimber.

johnfenter

Federal Facility?

OC'd to Rob Wittman's office (in Grafton to talk about the Gov't shutdown), Winfree's, Pop's and to the Williamsburg City Council Chambers for the "Constitutional Conversations" event. One of the law students who conducts the sessions showed me his PA CCW permit.

That's interesting; I always assumed a Congressional or Senate office in the District was considered a Federal Facility per 18USC930, since it's paid for with Federal funds...

ocholsteroc

Anyone know if sams club chesapeake OC friendly?

Yes, I been once no problems, even got a question is that legal? :D

Been OCing everywhere.

Walmart,Gas station, Dentist, funny story. I go to the dentist, I am asked to remove my keys because they might get caught in the chair. :D

OC'ed to the gun show this weekend, Saw like 4~6 OC'ers, handed out cards. I bought one of those Talon Deep cover concealment concept holsters.

I can not stop wearing it! I can take a nap with my gun on. I am sitting on my desk now writing this and its amazing! If anyone is looking at getting one, grab one! amazing. It's called a Hide-it-holster. You don't need a shirt to wear it.

Last edited:

MSC 45ACP

OC'd for walk on Yorktown Waterfront before dinner. No looks or problems. #3 daughter (the smallbore shooter) had 3 friends with her and none of them seemed to notice the Kimber. Perhaps she "prepared" them beforehand (or not).

Finally made it to JUAN's in Gloucester Point. It was really good. OCd of course. I had the "tacos" They were authentic (using flour tortillas), rather than Taco Bell. Simply amazing! My daughter had some sort of chicken dish she really enjoyed and her friend had chicken with mole' sauce. I warned her she may not like it, but she did.
The girls both tried the Habanero hot sauce. I value my sinuses and my indoor plumbing system, so I do NOT eat any really spicy stuff or guacamole anymore. I used to LOVE that stuff, but as I've aged, so has my digestive system and not in a good way... Without going into details, I just can't eat either of them anymore without "bad things" happening to my system.

I can easily see an OC dinner at Juans next month.

ryan7068

Thanx guys

Thanx for your replies.....I ultimately ended up OCing there tonight and just look for postings. No problems. No wierd looks. Found some good deal and each place that I go to that supports or at least allows a firearm makes me feel better about this country and this state.

mpg9999

I saw a unicorn at the Yorktown Walmart for the second time in a row last night. Seems to be quite the OC hot spot. I told both individuals about OCDO, hopefully they will check it out.

Lolcanoe

Worlds Best Comics and Yorktown WalMart. I caught the lady behind me in line pointing and telling her old man I had a gun, or maybe she liked my shoes. She stopped pointing when I looked though heh.

pyite

OC to Gloucester yesterday for some shooting. Stopped at the Subway before shooting and got a look from an uptight looking lady who seemed out of place for Gloucester (she had a northern look to her). Got asked if we were members of a LGC by one guy then on the way out got asked by a couple of ladies, with a bunch of small children, about gun laws in various states. On the way back from shooting stopped at the new gun store (Six Rivers Armory, I think). Nice little shop and I think 50% of the adults in the store were open carrying. Beautiful Day!

45acpForMe

OC to Gloucester yesterday for some shooting. ..... stopped at the new gun store (Six Rivers Armory, I think). Nice little shop and I think 50% of the adults in the store were open carrying. Beautiful Day!

You didn't happen to be shooting a Remington 887 with a friend?. :)

Where is the new gun store? Gloucester?

OC-ed to Farm Fresh, then Walmart this morning, still no 45acp. I am going to have to make the trek over to Warwick to see if Luigi's has some. :)

pyite

You didn't happen to be shooting a Remington 887 with a friend?. :)

Where is the new gun store? Gloucester?

OC-ed to Farm Fresh, then Walmart this morning, still no 45acp. I am going to have to make the trek over to Warwick to see if Luigi's has some. :)

We were shooting a certain brand new Rem 887. I do like that green front sight post.

The gun store is in a newish strip mall in Gloucester, maybe 5 miles from the bridge.

headshrinker

Been open carrying my Glock 26 on my arm (ankle holster) while running in Portsmouth. Open carried the M&P .45c to Amore' restaurant. A few looks from out of towners while walking with wife and kids. OC to Starbucks in Ghent and had some great conversations with others.

t33j

OCed for a bike ride last night since the weather was so nice. Ended up talking to some girls who live next to a place I used to stay at... One said she saw a lady OCing at the Little Creek Walmart and when asked why she was carrying, explained that she'd been robbed on her last visit.

Passed 2 cops that had pulled somebody over on the way home, but they either didn't notice or didn't care about my gun.

t33j

Spotted a White Toyota Tacoma (License plate starts with YCW) parked on Colley Ave. around 48th Street sporting a VCDL sticker on the rear window around 7:15pm today.

Identify yourself! :D

Farm Fresh, Total Wine. Looks; no problems.

Last edited:

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
Carried in Office Max and Barnes and Noble near the mall. No comments as usual.

I was angry reading all the stuff from the Unitarian Church. I am a Unitarian (not a Trinitarian that is) but for years I have had great difficulty trying to find a congregation that had an acceptable level of true tolerance and interest in logical debate. The congregation in Springfield MA was such a congregation, but others have been either intolerant, goofy, or both. Very frustrating. I suspect they would be the last organization to consider having members CC or OC to provide security. Anathema to them!

Lincoln7

OC'd on the motorcycle through Isle of Wight County and Suffolk. Ate at The Plaid Turnip in downtown Suffolk. Shopped at Windsor Pharmacy and Windsor Hardware. No issues. I was asked at the pharmacy if I was a cop. I said 'No, Ma'am'. I should have followed up with 'but I am an industrial firefighter', as if the two types of professions are somehow related. She was polite and kind throughout.

1000ydshooter

Formerly Kwajalein atoll, and Iraq. Now Zuni Va
You shouldnt have a problem any where in Windsor. Ive grown up there for 40 years and everyone in town is used to seeing me Oc. Might get a few funny looks from "city folk" that have invaded. Ill be home late may ill keep an eye out for ya around town. Im hard to miss, dont exactly blend in.