• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hampton Roads - OC reports

Lincoln7

I haven't had any issues in Windsor (knock on wood), 1000ydshooter. I've received props from local cops and the general public doesn't seem to mind a bit. Hope to see you around town. I am in my late 20's so don't be afraid to say hi if you think it might be me, haha.

paramedic70002

Them's good folk at Windsor Pharmacy. The owner, Bob Parsons, is semi-retired. If you ever got a prescription from him, he WILL call you by name when you return. If you need a scrip on Sunday, he WILL come in and fill it, if you know his home phone number.

45acpForMe

You shouldnt have a problem any where in Windsor. Ive grown up there for 40 years and everyone in town is used to seeing me Oc. Might get a few funny looks from "city folk" that have invaded. Ill be home late may ill keep an eye out for ya around town. Im hard to miss, dont exactly blend in.

Based on your name I guess you will see him long before he will see you! :shocker:

pre-Welcome back to civilization 1000ydshooter!

OC-ed to Dicks Sporting Goods to get some rare 45acp ammo!!! Also to Sherrif's Ammo & Police Supplies yesterday.

Pagan

Went OC tonight to the York County Sport's Complex, for roller skating on the multiuse trail , with the wife and kids on bikes, ( and they still can't keep up with me,lol). No funny looks, and everybody was friendly.

t33j

Took a loooooooooong bike ride this afternoon around Norfolk (downtown and elsewhere). Came hope to a toppled over semi and no power. Grabbed my camera and ran into a guy with the same lens as me and he asked about my gun along with whether or not his concealed switchblade was legal or not. I gave him the history of the CHP statute.

MSC 45ACP

OC'd at usual haunts today... Walmart, Taco Bell, Farm Fresh and Suntrust bank. No problems but did see something rather odd. I pulled into the lot behind a pickup with several USMC stickers on windows and back of the truck. I exited my vehicle before he did and went in the bank. I came in behind another customer that didn't notice my left hip. I knew both tellers at the windows and said hello. One of them invited the lady ahead of me to her window and the other invited me to hers. I finished my business and noticed she was looking over my shoulder at the front entry area. I noticed the older gent (that had been driving the truck I had parked next to) standing in the entryway between the outer and inner sets of doors. He was just standing there looking at me, not even making a move to open the second set of doors... I made eye contact with him, but his wide-open eyes didn't leave my left hip. I opened the doors and greeted him politely as I passed him. I guess he decided I didn't rob the bank before his entrance because the rest of us were still smiling.

One of the strangest reactions yet. I wonder if he knows the old lady from Farm Fresh a few weeks ago?

USNA69

OC'd at usual haunts today... Walmart, Taco Bell, Farm Fresh and Suntrust bank. No problems but did see something rather odd. I pulled into the lot behind a pickup with several USMC stickers on windows and back of the truck. I exited my vehicle before he did and went in the bank. I came in behind another customer that didn't notice my left hip. I knew both tellers at the windows and said hello. One of them invited the lady ahead of me to her window and the other invited me to hers. I finished my business and noticed she was looking over my shoulder at the front entry area. I noticed the older gent (that had been driving the truck I had parked next to) standing in the entryway between the outer and inner sets of doors. He was just standing there looking at me, not even making a move to open the second set of doors... I made eye contact with him, but his wide-open eyes didn't leave my left hip. I opened the doors and greeted him politely as I passed him. I guess he decided I didn't rob the bank before his entrance because the rest of us were still smiling.

One of the strangest reactions yet. I wonder if he knows the old lady from Farm Fresh a few weeks ago?

In the same situation as the "older gent", we who carry would quickly see the customer's OC and just as quickly know that no BG would OC to a robbery. Safe To Enter

Assuming the "older gent's" lack that awareness, I cannot fault him for pausing before entering into a situation which, in his mind, appeared risky. From his viewpoint, he was exercising a measure of situational awareness.

That being said, if he really feared that there was a robbery about to take place, his remaining in the doorway in the likely path of the exiting robber was not a smart thing to do.

2a4all

In the same situation as the "older gent", we who carry would quickly see the customer's OC and just as quickly know that no BG would OC to a robbery. Safe To Enter

Assuming the "older gent's" lack that awareness, I cannot fault him for pausing before entering into a situation which, in his mind, appeared risky. From his viewpoint, he was exercising a measure of situational awareness.

That being said, if he really feared that there was a robbery about to take place, his remaining in the doorway in the likely path of the exiting robber was not a smart thing to do.
He may have been contemplating calling 911...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Lolcanoe
Federal Champion .45 acp for $16 and some change for 50 rds.

Is there any left? I haven't seen any in over a month!

If you take the time to ask, you've waiting too long. :lol:

Lolcanoe

There were four boxes that I could see.Didn't grab any though because the goby decided to give me half a paycheck today, and half tomorrow (I hope.)

45acpForMe

Yes just got back from Walmart and they had four boxes so I picked them up.

While there I ran into a CC-er and he asked questions about Open Carry and my sidearm. I gave him opencarry.org and vcdl.org addresses so hopefully he will check it out. He seemed to know about CC laws but was going to research more about OC.

My only frustration was that I failed to refill my wallet with OC info cards! :banghead: So I have now refilled it. :)

ETA: I asked the man working the ammo counter how many came in and he said a case of 20 boxes. So hopefully Federal has started shipping them to Walmart again and the shortage is over. (hopeful thinking)

Last edited:

6L6GC

lately

Wallmart, Exxon, Walgreens, Chic-Fil-A, ULTA, Kohls, Starbucks, Rips, Food Lion, 6 Rivers Armory, Sun Rise Donuts, Plaza Azteca, and Farm Fresh, and of course, around the house and our daughter's apartment. Probably other places but can't remember them just now.
roN

t33j

Pops in York County for a $6 breakfast. Lady behind the desk asked what kind of gun I had and seemed to know what a 1911 was.

Pagan

I was OC yesterday at the Virginia Living Museum, with my family and some friends visiting from TN. Was there for several hours, a few stares, but no rude comments or gestures, that I noticed.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior