• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

madison hearing on wisconsin eye

HandyHamlet

I left just before she spoke. I had noticed her earlier. She's really very well spoken.

And hot! :p

Wait, we missed you girlfriend speak????? We must go back!

And for the record only one extremely loud psycho clapped and cheered for that nut job Buzz Too Much Agent Orange. The rest of us were appalled.

When we arrived it was standing room only. 90% (no exaggeration) had WCInc "Guns Save Lives" pins on. 5% didn't have a pin and the other 5% were the against crowd.

The head ghoul from WAVE was there with like three supporters. What a joke.

The Big surprise of the day was how small the room was and how strong the FREE coffee was!!!! FREE COFFEE!

The NRA lobbyist, Lasorte, was a HUGE surprise admitting the NRA was mistaken all these years in pushing for mandatory training. And I never saw Clarke coming with his support for armed citizens.

The people spoke. Pretty amazing.

wci.jpg

Two Wisconsin Carry Inc. members showing off our parking spot courtesy of Senator Bob Wirch. Third spot from the Capitol. Not bad at all. Thank you Paula!

And thanks to Mike, Tim and Krysta for putting up with me.

Wolf1477

LoL I love she was taped by someone sitting behind someone wearing a WCI shirt.

Thanks for the free advertising Jeri!

MKEgal

It's a very pretty sausage factory...

apierce918 said:
Buzz Davis from Veterans for Peace just went crazy as an anti, I think it helped us, lol.
Man, what a nut! All I could think of was "I'm glad this guy doesn't have a gun!"
And he kept looking over at us while he spoke about people being nut cases & our "little toy guns"...
Then he rode down the elevator with the 4 of us. :eek: Guess we weren't that nutty after all.

apierce918 said:
i think MKEgal is up now, she threw in constitutional carry
And I'm told I gave quite the stink-eye to the chair of the committee who interrupted me (to tell me I couldn't talk about constutitonal carry, when I wasn't at that point). I'll have to watch the video.
I heard a few chuckles when I took off my coat. :D Hope the point wasn't lost on the legislators.

HandyHamlet said:
When we arrived it was standing room only. 90% (no exaggeration) had WCInc "Guns Save Lives" pins on.
5% didn't have a pin and the other 5% were the against crowd.
No joke. There were lots of WCI shirts & almost everyone had a GSL button.

The Big surprise of the day was how small the room was and how strong the FREE coffee was!
I disagree... I think the biggest surprise was the parking spot. That was really majorly cool. :cool:

a HUGE surprise admitting the NRA was mistaken all these years in pushing for mandatory training.
And I never saw Clarke coming with his support for armed citizens.
Ditto on both.
A couple of quotes from Clarke (may not have them exactly right, but pretty close):
"The public can't rely on the law to protect them."
"I'm willing to consider any initiative that empowers citizens to be the stewards of their own safety." :eek:
And he talked about "carrying privileges", which rubbed me the wrong way. :cuss:
He wants illegal posession (meaning w/o a permit) to be a 3-year felony.

Dane Co. Sheriff Mahoney was more anti-rights.
"untrained and unregulated persons with free access to schools..." :banghead: (Like how criminals are now, you mean?)
"rely on law enforcement to keep the community safe"
Officers get 52h of handgun training in the academy. (Bully for them, learning to do their jobs. Has nothing to do with me.)
Thinks laws stop criminals
Wants to "deter individuals from arming themselves in the face of a DV incident" :mad:

Ok, maybe that last one he meant he wanted to stop the attacker from being armed, but it didn't come out that way. Sounds like he doesn't want the victim to be able to protect herself. (And yes, that's sexist, but it's almost always the man doing the beating & the woman being beaten.)

The antis used the same old emotional scare tactics & half-truths.
It's true we had X# of people killed last year, but they didn't bother to compare that # (or the rate) to, say, Chicago - gun laws much more to their liking. Or Vermont - which they never mention b/c it has no restrictions on carry, never has, & the crime rate is low.

Last edited:

KansasKraut

Man, I had a good time! It was nice to see so many of my fellow WCIers on hand. We really did dominate the room. WAVE and the other commies really did make up something like 5% of the total people in attendance. I must've left right before the Vets for Peace guy got up there. Damn. He would've been a welcome respite from the droning of Jeri Bonavia, the we-needs-mandated-training contingent, and the various leeches who sought to benefit from some sort of addendum to the bills. Other than that, well done! I liked how Hubert put the social worker guy in his place as well. The future for CCW and OC in this state looks rosier by the day!

Zeus

I thought that was MKEgal on the video. I believe we may have met in Milwaukee this winter supporting the SAF Truck billboard. Very well done and thanks for representing us :)

MKEgal

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

Man, I had a good time! It was nice to see so many of my fellow WCIers on hand. We really did dominate the room.

I'm still pretty stoked. It was a bummer we were packed into a room and couldn't interact. Would have been nice to put faces to screen names.

I just realized I missed the WAVE ghoul known as Jeri. We were on the roof checking out Madison and soaking up the rays.

:cool:

Looks like a win win for us!

( I say win win because people did NOT hold back. They spoke, they spoke well, and they kept hammering their points home without wavering. Check out the guy at about the 4:10:00 mark! 4:51:30 for the bizarre: " Police Officers are the only ones in the United States given the right to take life. Without anyone's discussion! They can take it when they want it!")

Last edited:

xd40arff

6 Hours 1 Minute - Like how many have you ever like umm kinda shot a gun because like when you shoot it your arms like like go different ways and im not against guns but i like shooting but like i could like shoot one like once because I did it one time like a real gun like it went bang.

Jason in WI

Just watched all seven hours. I am very impressed at the amount of people speaking about Constitutional carry! Really amazed me. The best part was the last guy testifying even changed his mind and wanted constitutional carry just hearing the other people and thinking about it!

That 9/12 lady is awesome! I loved how aggressive she was while being nice about it to be heard, even at the end she was asking where the constitutional carry assembly bill is. I'm glad she's on our side. I don't know if we need to fire Nik :p but I think we should hire her!

Now I have to get some sleep, I need to be up in two hours.

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
Check out the guy at about the 4:10:00 mark! 4:51:30 for the bizarre: " Police Officers are the only ones in the United States given the right to take life. Without anyone's discussion! They can take it when they want it!"

This was the most frightening thing I've heard in a long time. This was said by Agent Buzz Orange, who's vehemently anti-gun. He was stating that he approved that police have the "right" to take someone's life! And he said he represented a group called "Veterans for Peace"!!!!!!!!!! :shocker:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran