• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Medical Marihuana & CPL?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
All forms of transport... are owned by someone. Whether you own it or I own it or some big company owns it, or even if "we the people" own it, is immaterial. Why would the mere owning of a form of transport equate to having the right to travel with it?

Is the "right to travel" the same as the "right to travel by transport"?

If it is then it shouldn't be difficult for those who are stating that right exists to provide cites and/or links to prove that statement is factual.

Unless you're thinking that a "right to travel by transport" implies an impossible "right" to have transport assured to you (which it doesn't), I fail to see what you think you're arguing here.

The first amendment provides you the freedom of speech and of the press. Clearly, by your logic, it does not protect freedom of expression by other means.

Does the ownership of a radio station equate to having the right to express opinions with it?

Does the ownership of a political forum equate to the right to express political beliefs on it?

Does the ownership of a cell phone equate to the right to express opinions over text message?

As you should be able to see, you are quite mistaken in thinking that the burden for supporting the answer lies only upon the person who answers in the negatory.

If, despite having a right to free speech, and the ownership of any of the aforementioned devices, I do not have the right to express my self using one or more of those devices, the burden is on you to demonstrate why I lack the right.

B

Bikenut

Unless you're thinking that a "right to travel by transport" implies an impossible "right" to have transport assured to you (which it doesn't), I fail to see what you think you're arguing here.

I'm not arguing anything... I'm asking you to prove your statement that a "right to travel by car" exists.

The first amendment provides you the freedom of speech and of the press. Clearly, by your logic, it does not protect freedom of expression by other means.

Wrong... my logic is quite simple... if you state something and I ask for proof your statement is fact then either provide such proof ... or don't. But do not expect me to do your legwork to either prove or disprove what you say is fact.

Does the ownership of a radio station equate to having the right to express opinions with it?

I don't know... does it?

Does the ownership of a political forum equate to the right to express political beliefs on it?

I don't know... does it?

Does the ownership of a cell phone equate to the right to express opinions over text message?

I don't know... does it?

As you should be able to see, you are quite mistaken in thinking that the burden for supporting the answer lies only upon the person who answers in the negatory.

As you can see.. I believe that when someone makes a statement and expects that statement to be taken for fact then they should be ready to back up that statement with proof it actually is fact.

If, despite having a right to free speech, and the ownership of any of the aforementioned devices, I do not have the right to express my self using one or more of those devices, the burden is on you to demonstrate why I lack the right.
-snip-

Wrong again... you said that such rights exist therefor it is your responsibility to prove that what you said is factual.

And I never said those rights did not exist... nor did I say they do exist. I asked you to prove your statement that "the right to travel by car" exists by providing cites and/or links to facts that substantiate your statement.

Now kindly explain why I, or anyone else, should believe anything you say if you are unwilling to stand behind what you say with proof.

You said it... you prove it.

No proof = no credibility.

It is that simple.

By the way, it has been my experience in life that those who do not have any proof but want to bluff their way through tend to try to push the burden of proof onto someone else.

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Too many to list. google is your friend. So is weed.

Googled 'Marijuana cure' and got lots of tidbits on how to cure my bud, but only one mention of a study the SUGGESTS that it might be a cure. Long way to go between 'suggests' and a clinically proven cure.

ScienceDaily (Apr. 1, 2009) — Guillermo Velasco and colleagues, at Complutense University, Spain, have provided evidence that suggests that cannabinoids such as the main active component of marijuana (THC) have anticancer effects on human brain cancer cells.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/04/090401181217.htm

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Yes, what he said. But setting yourself up to be a "test case" or something along those lines is no easy thing to do. Yet doing the right thing is hardly ever easy is it?

Amen and amen!

It took some brass ones to say 'Give me liberty, or give me death!' and MEAN IT!

Now, we're down to 'Give me liberty, as long as the alternative doesn't inconvenience me...'

Next, it'll be 'Take my liberty, its too inconvenient to fight for...'

stainless1911

Banned
And since it isn't me who is stating that the right to travel also includes the methods of transportation used while traveling... it is NOT up to me to do the leg work to prove other people are correct or incorrect. He who makes the statement has the responsibility to prove the statement is factual.
.[/QUOTE]

I agree, thats one thing that sets OCDO above other forums, you prove what you say whenever you can.

Googled 'Marijuana cure' and got lots of tidbits on how to cure my bud, but only one mention of a study the SUGGESTS that it might be a cure. Long way to go between 'suggests' and a clinically proven cure.

ScienceDaily (Apr. 1, 2009) — Guillermo Velasco and colleagues, at Complutense University, Spain, have provided evidence that suggests that cannabinoids such as the main active component of marijuana (THC) have anticancer effects on human brain cancer cells.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/04/090401181217.htm

Its difficult to generate "official" ie FDA level results on something that is illegal on the fed level. However, you simply cannot discredit hundreds of thousands of patients willing to risk prosecution, even in states without medipot, and thousands of doctors, some on whom have lost or risked the family practice for the sake of something that doesn't work.

Dont forget the psycological issues that people treat with pot, anxiety and depression to name two, and the people who decided to get stoned making their lives liveable, instead of jumping off a bridge, literally.

griffin

Googled 'Marijuana cure' and got lots of tidbits on how to cure my bud, but only one mention of a study the SUGGESTS that it might be a cure.
There is a new TV show called Weed Wars. It chronicles the day-to-day business of the largest medical marijuana dispensary in California (the world, actually). It is interesting. Anyway, while many of the "patients" probably use it recreationally, some do use it medically with some success. One such case is a four year old boy who has had grand mal seizures at least once a day every day since he was born. His parents have tried a number of prescribed drugs. None have been effective and most had some bad side effects. After research the father tried liquid marijuana (tincture) and the father reported the boy hadn't had a seizure since he started taking the drops, which had been four days so far.

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
And since it isn't me who is stating that the right to travel also includes the methods of transportation used while traveling... it is NOT up to me to do the leg work to prove other people are correct or incorrect. He who makes the statement has the responsibility to prove the statement is factual.

I agree, thats one thing that sets OCDO above other forums, you prove what you say whenever you can.

Its difficult to generate "official" ie FDA level results on something that is illegal on the fed level. However, you simply cannot discredit hundreds of thousands of patients willing to risk prosecution, even in states without medipot, and thousands of doctors, some on whom have lost or risked the family practice for the sake of something that doesn't work.

Dont forget the psycological issues that people treat with pot, anxiety and depression to name two, and the people who decided to get stoned making their lives liveable, instead of jumping off a bridge, literally.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't expect to see anything positive from the FDA. Fortunately, the internet is a bit more egalitarian (or, is it?):uhoh:

Beyond that, people risk prosecution for a lot of stuff, including things that likely CAUSE disease (mental & otherwise). Methamphetamine has no known medicinal purposes, yet thousands, tens of thousands, willingly ruin their lives for it.:eek:

I blame the state legislature for doing one of the sloppiest jobs writing legislation since the firearm hodgepodge. They wrote a law exposing the citizenry to federal persecution with no recourse. They made no guidelines on how people were to go about getting this miracle herb. What a crock.:mad:

And, yes, marijuana does cure depression. I used to get bummed when I ran out.:cry:

stainless1911

Banned
I agree, the legislature did a bang up job. What do you expect when they try to legislate the private business of the citizen.

I guess they thought they were taking small steps towards the goal.

BTW, how much personal experience do you have with marijuana?

Last edited:

TheQ

Is there an "Ignore Thread" feature on OCDO? This thread is beginning to grate.

I've never seen a thread talked over (and over and over AND OVER) this much. Not even the CADL threads...

stainless1911

Banned
Its a good one with lots of different aspects at play here.

Sort the Michigan threads by the "view" count, its in the top 10. There's a reason for that.

ETA, its in the top 10 "replied" list. by "views" it's 14. I stand corrected.

Last edited:

CV67 PAT

Is there an "Ignore Thread" feature on OCDO? This thread is beginning to grate.

I've never seen a thread talked over (and over and over AND OVER) this much. Not even the CADL threads...

Probably due to the input of one specific "expert" here.

CV67 PAT

I assure you, I have not viewed the topic 14,000 times.
No. But I'll bet that your followers have been quite entertained by your posts. I have to admit that I have had quite a few belly laughs from them. And I have checked the thread often to see what you've posted of late.

If it weren't for you, Michigan OCDO would be the desert of the forums.

And with MGO down for the count, you concentrate your posting here. It helps to not have to go all over that site searching for your latest diatribes.

stainless1911

Banned
MGO I think.

The problem is, the admin, or a moderator sent me a PM, I would assume it was explaining the problem, and probably a duration of suspension, but I couldnt log in to read the PM, so I assume I was banned. It was a few weeks ago.

You'd think they would have thought of that little paradox.:banghead:

CV67 PAT

lol. Fozzy started reporting my posts after messing with him on a spelling error, as a result, I got banned. He spelled post (poast) IIRC.

ROFLMAO

Gotta get a new IP address and username.

Try brainless1911. They'll never know it's you.

How many posts did you have? Gotta start all over again. That sucks.

PDinDetroit

Had to get a new computer, the other one crashed. That got me a new IP.

I was wondering, how does one change their IP. I've tried in the past, but with no real success.

It depends upon the ISP, your local network connection, and your computer configuration Yeah, I know "clear as mud". I will describe general setup, you can pm me details and I can provide further intel.

Many ISPs like to assign IP Addresses STATICALLY to Residential Gateways. Many of these gateways have some sort of Firewall to protect the "local network" you connect your computer to, which also "hides" your computer IP Address behind NAT (Network Address Translation). To the Internet and systems hosted there, all computers within the local home network appear as the Residential Gateway's IP Address when sending or receiving network traffic (READ: Browser Activity). Think about it as mail addressed to your Street Address, but gets "filtered" to different People/Rooms without outside world knowing exactly "what is going on".

Most PCs are configured for Obtaining an IP Address automatically without the user having to enter all the "details". This automatic assignment is called DHCP and is based upon the Local Gateway assigning IP Addresses to Computers on it's Local/Private Network. Each PC has a unique identifier called a MAC Address, so the gateway would see different computers properly. You can change a PC/Device to have Static Addressing, but this is Operating System dependant and requires some information about local network topology/assignments. You can see your IP Address information on a Windows-based PC doing the following:

Start : Programs : Accessories : Command Prompt
type 'ipconfig /all' (without the quotes)
scroll up to the top where the command response starts
typing 'ipconfig /renew all' can trigger release/renewal of IP Address Assignment

You can always google something like "how to change ip address for operating system x" which will provide instructions. You can also google the acronyms above for further details and help in understanding.