• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Medical Marihuana & CPL?

TheQ

Like PD said. People like him and I spent hundreds of hours studying how IP networks work to reach our level of understanding.

The answer may be simple as unplugging the power from your ISP Bridge/Router (The Cable "Modem" or the thing that plugs into your phone outlet for DSL), counting to 30 or 60, then plugging it back in.
Sometimes this assigns you a new dynamic IP address. Sometimes it doesn't.

You can see what IP Address the world sees you as at present.

If this IP is the same as the IP Address you found in ipconfig, congratulations, you're "directly" on the Internet. This can be handy, but it can also expose your computer to a bunch of bad stuff on the Internet.

If the IP Address from ipconfig starts with "192.168." or "10.", then you're behind a "router" that does NAT of some sorts. It has some disadvantages but it is probably the safer way to go for most people.

If you think this is confusiong, I haven't even broken the ip address down into bits yet (yes, it's 32 bits) and we haven't yet begun to discuss NetMasks, Network Addresses, and Host addresses. :)

....then there's TCP, but that's a whole different conversation.

PDinDetroit

I figured he would take the "acronym soup" I provided and look it up.

Some light reading...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_network

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_topology

I like this picture, definitely not your brain on drugs!

Internet_map_1024.jpg

fozzy71

lol. Fozzy started reporting my posts after messing with him on a spelling error, as a result, I got banned. He spelled post (poast) IIRC.

I have no recollection of this. Must have bee when I was still drinking. :uhoh:

Dont blame me if you got banned. I doubt you would have been banned, if the posts I supposedly reported were not ban-worthy. At least the moderators there actually do something if you report a post.

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
I agree, the legislature did a bang up job. What do you expect when they try to legislate the private business of the citizen.

I guess they thought they were taking small steps towards the goal.

BTW, how much personal experience do you have with marijuana?

I don't remember......:eek:

Well, its WAY past the statue of limitations, and I'd bring it up if I were running for some sort of office before the opposition did.

I'm rapidly approaching geezerhood (although Steel Magnolia says I'm well past it), so its been a looooong time since the seventies.....

TheQ

I blame the state legislature for doing one of the sloppiest jobs writing legislation since the firearm hodgepodge. They wrote a law exposing the citizenry to federal persecution with no recourse. They made no guidelines on how people were to go about getting this miracle herb. What a crock.:mad:

Can't blame the legislature, they had nothing to do with it.

1. Law was written by a MM interest group.
2. Bill was put on ballot as a ballot initiative.
3. Law was enacted by popular vote.

I think your blame on the State legislature is misplaces, in this case.

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Can't blame the legislature, they had nothing to do with it.

1. Law was written by a MM interest group.
2. Bill was put on ballot as a ballot initiative.
3. Law was enacted by popular vote.

I think your blame on the State legislature is misplaces, in this case.

I stand corrected.

Then worse, we let a bunch of amateurs write law, and suckered us into it.

I'm so ashamed.:eek:

griffin

we let a bunch of amateurs write law, and suckered us into it.
To be fair, how is this any different from our other laws? Many are poorly written. Need I remind you of the pre-"Shall Issue" laws? What was written was not what they meant, etc.

PDinDetroit

Something about addicts? How relevant, exactly?

Good to see you up so early, or so late, as the case may be.

In that post, I mentioned about my own personal experience with drugs. One could easily infer that I had some experience with hallucinogens, especially with the subsequent posting about marijuana's hallucinogenic properties. Just to ensure you have the full picture, I spent 10 years of my life doing "field research" including Marijuana, PCP, Mescaline/Peyote, Shrooms (Psilocybin), and LSD. The Summer of '87 was spent on a combination of the above, to the point where most of them "stopped working" and would have to switch to something else or take a couple days break away. I have never quite been sure if the Cocaine use the year before had progressed to hallucinations or was just simple paranoia, but I was convinced that there was someone out in the bushes watching us even if I could never catch them. So, I am pretty sure I have relevant experience here.

I can only imagine where I might be had I not "burned lots of brain cells up" during my active addiction. Having 22 plus years clean/sober now, my mind and body have had plenty of time to heal and I am reasonably successful in my life - far more than I could have imagined at one point in life.

Given this experience, here is my position on this thread topic:

1. Every person has a right to life and a right/duty/responsibility to protect that life.

2. The possession of a drug does not negate those rights, whether the drug is classified as Legal or Illegal.

3. IMO, specific actions of a person should be what is illegal when those actions violate the rights and safety of others, with being "under the influence" adding to the punishment provided.

4. IMO, the "War on Drugs" has failed as treatment facilities are still full with waiting lists, new people walk in the "doors of recovery" at almost every meeting I attend, and that fact that one could find many illegal drugs within 5 miles of many urban locations.

5. IMO, marijuana should be decriminalized at the Federal Level and the States exercise their authority, which should be to decriminalize as well.

6. IMO, the money spent for the "War on Drugs" should go to education and prevention of drug abuse. I am concerned about additional persons becoming addicts, even if the addiction to marijuana may only be currently classified as psychological (with 400+ chemicals and minimal studies, I am not sure that physiological addiction is completely ruled out).

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
In my experience, the addiction to pot is purely psychological. In other words, its all in your head.

That, in and of itself, proves that the only way you can quit, is when you want to, then its easy, you just don't want to smoke. You dont quit for courts, kids, relatives or your job, until you want them more than pot, then you just miss the weed like a beloved pet.

Last edited:

CV67 PAT

In my experience, the addiction to pot is purely psychological. In other words, its all in your head.

That, in and of itself, proves that the only way you can quit, is when you want to, then its easy, you just don't want to smoke. You dont quit for courts, kids, relatives or your job, until you want them more than pot, then you just miss the weed like a beloved pet.

There you have it from an expert on the subject.

PDinDetroit

Thank you Dr. Stainless.

If it were truly as easy as you make it out to be, then there would be no need for treatment centers or 12 step programs like Marijuana Anonymous. There are 400+ chemical substances including 60+ cannabinoids/cannabinols that may or may not have "high inducing" properties. Since even studying these here in the US is illegal, no one knows the complete effects of each and every one of them. No one can say for certain that it is just psychologically addictive without the proper studies, so it is an "uneducated guess" at this point in time.

BTW - I think it is easy to go out and get a job to pay for ones' bills and provide for your family. Not doing so just proves that you really do not want a job and that you don't want to provide for your family by standing on your own 2 feet. I think anyone that uses money from others over a long period of time without working is addicted to being a Welfare Dependant. Maybe someone needs to start Welfare Anonmyous, might be needed here in the near term as the US Government may just go bankrupt.

Just say NO, right Dr. Stainless? Physician, heal thyself!

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
If it were truly as easy as you make it out to be, then there would be no need for treatment centers or 12 step programs like Marijuana Anonymous. There are 400+ chemical substances including 60+ cannabinoids/cannabinols that may or may not have "high inducing" properties. Since even studying these here in the US is illegal, no one knows the complete effects of each and every one of them. No one can say for certain that it is just psychologically addictive without the proper studies, so it is an "uneducated guess" at this point in time.

There is no need for Marijuana Anonymous. Nobody goes to Marijuana Anonymous who isn't ordered to by a court. Seriously.

Edit: BTW, I agree with your conclusions above.

Last edited:

PDinDetroit

There is no need for Marijuana Anonymous. Nobody goes to Marijuana Anonymous who isn't ordered to by a court. Seriously.

Edit: BTW, I agree with your conclusions above.

I know where the are a few MA Meetings and know some people who go to these. These people were not court ordered. We will just have to "agree to disagree" on that.

I read recently that you moved from CA to VA for education (IIRC). I hope you are enjoying the expanded freedoms there in terms of carry.

fozzy71

FML, I agree with stainless on something. :uhoh:

I know where the are a few MA Meetings and know some people who go to these. These people were not court ordered. We will just have to "agree to disagree" on that.

The psychological addiction can be rather significant for some long-time users, and they may find help in MA type meetings.