• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

approached in spokane mcdonalds playland-right action for the circumstances?

Lovenox

Just keep the cpl in the car.

+1000
That is a great antidote to police who have nothing better to do than to stake you out, see what car you get into then only to turn around and stop and ask for your CPL...and when you hand it to him I would like to see the look on his face. :eek:

jbone

We all parent at different levels of responsibility. I guess I hold my offspring a tad above having to prove an OC or CC point. I see it as my job to not place my child in a situation that could escalate, or get ugly. The legal activity stance is irrelevant. For those who have no flesh and blood offspring I suppose you just don’t, and may never understand my position. And for those of you that do, well that's your parental right to expose you kid to whatever situation, consequences you desire.

I say, if you can't look your kid in the eye and say to yourself I don't need to go down that road here and now, than I think you should put kids up for adaption, because they are less of importance to you than you are to yourself.

My opinion, like or dislike it!

Last edited:

p85-GSXwheelman

Omg....wow. well, I really do appreciate all the input...genuinely....but I have an idea. What if I just wanna carry for myself and my family? LOL! I'm all about educating, but not when I'm tryin to just have fun with my kid, there's enough that gets in the way of that already. And whoever said I showed my kid who the "biaaatch" was......she's 2 and a half....there will be plenty of time to teach her how to be a ***** (like you) after I'm done teaching her courtesy.

jbone

... I'm all about educating, but not when I'm tryin to just have fun with my kid, there's enough that gets in the way of that already. And whoever said I showed my kid who the "biaaatch" was......she's 2 and a half....there will be plenty of time to teach her how to be a ***** (like you) after I'm done teaching her courtesy.

As you've seen some here cannot grasp that there is more to life than OC. And that some will go to lengths to discredit, and label anyone who has thoughts outside of OC in every situation. Take care of the child, OC can be secondary at times, there is nothing wrong with that.

p85-GSXwheelman

Oorah Jbone. Whether it was covered or not......I had my daughter, and I had my gun. Neither of us would be victims! :) and that's really all that matters to me. Not being able to think outside of OC seems like dangerous thinking, it doesn't allow one to be fluid and easily/comfortably adapt to individual inclement circumstances. Oh but wait....heaven forbid I ruffle any OC extremist feathers! hahaa

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Oorah Jbone. Whether it was covered or not......I had my daughter, and I had my gun. Neither of us would be victims! :) and that's really all that matters to me. Not being able to think outside of OC seems like dangerous thinking, it doesn't allow one to be fluid and easily/comfortably adapt to individual inclement circumstances. Oh but wait....heaven forbid I ruffle any OC extremist feathers! hahaa

Thank you, nothing wrong with being an extremist. :shocker:

What us extremists are trying to do is show another path with a different result. Nothing has to be confrontational, a simple listen to the man a smile and a polite engagement is all that's necessary. Be polite, be kind, be courteous and be professional. And stand your ground.

Customer "Sir, those women over there.....would you please cover..."

OP "Thank you for your concern sir, I am here with my daughter....OC is legal....I will take your kind consideration under advisement and I wish you have a great day..... Can I buy you a cup of coffee?"

There are lot's of different ways to engage someone with zero confrontation yet not give up your position and reinforce in a silent matter that the rights that you stand for and the rights that others have died for are of critical importance.

By the way, I have described myself as an extremist for the Constitution for decades and I have no problem with it.

p85-GSXwheelman

I understand what you're saying. It's good to be resolute on something you're passionate about, such as the constitution. I just think some people take OC issues a little too far. For me, educating the public IS important....I wouldnt be on this forum, learning new things and hearing about local stories etc, if I didnt strongly believe that. However, there are more important things....like my family. That takes precident over OC ANYday. I spent the $55.25 for my CPL so that I (MYSELF!) could have options to be comfortable and legal, not to have plain white piece of paper sitting in my wallet or impress/educate anybody. At the end of the day, I did my job.....protected those I love. And its not like Im some coward that covers up at the slightest little "confrontation", I've had MANY great conversations with people in the dang grocery store or auto parts store or walking down the street about OC and why I do it! :) and thats just in the last 2 months I've had my CPL.

Vitaeus

We all parent at different levels of responsibility. I guess I hold my offspring a tad above having to prove an OC or CC point. I see it as my job to not place my child in a situation that could escalate, or get ugly. The legal activity stance is irrelevant. For those who have no flesh and blood offspring I suppose you just don’t, and may never understand my position. And for those of you that do, well that's your parental right to expose you kid to whatever situation, consequences you desire.

I say, if you can't look your kid in the eye and say to yourself I don't need to go down that road here and now, than I think you should put kids up for adaption, because they are less of importance to you than you are to yourself.

My opinion, like or dislike it!

Not being arrested for a legal act is high on my list, but a concerned citizen who doesn't actually know the law is going to get a polite response and a have a nice day. (see the other thread I started). The point of this discussion board is to have discussions and to allow folks to learn from others encounters. There is no perfect way to OC, CC, raise your kids, or anything else in this life, every person makes decisions and the best result is generally only determined AFTER you get your results. Lately, I find that I am making decisions on how I want my children to make them, whether they are with me or not. Honestly, my encounter with the concerned citizen had me fearful of it escalating into an encounter with the police, but I walked the path I chose anyway. Doing what you believe is "right" is and never should be the easy path.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
And if you give away the rights of your family to every bit of political correctness that comes your way....where will you be?

My family comes first too, and you can ask my 2 daughters if there dad has ever given into this type of political correctness or social bigotry and they will tell you NO.

The easy path is to just enjoy all of the good conversations. The difficult path, the one less chosen, the path that makes the biggest difference for your children and mine is the path that preserves and honors the rights granted by Divine Providence.

I don't think you are a coward, and I don't think others think you are a coward. Those of us who have been doing this awhile, those on OCDO who have been in handcuff's, those who have been to court just want to give you more tools to deal with these situations in the future.

p.s. I once was accused of 'ruining' a woman's dinner because she had to stare at my gun the entire time.... I did not give in and was as polite and courteous the whole time.

jbone

I don't think some are hearing or respecting what the poster is saying. At some point it was not about OC that day, it became about enjoying the day with his 2 yr old in the best way he found as a responsible parent, and still remaining armed and ready to protect. Get the OC is religion, and sacrilegious if you do not stand your ground in every situation, and confront every person, and cop out of you silly heads.

I don't believe "OC is religion, and sacrilegious if you do not stand your ground in every situation, and confront every person and cop" is the message OCDO wishes to spread folks.

jbone

Not being arrested for a legal act is high on my list, but a concerned citizen who doesn't actually know the law is going to get a polite response and a have a nice day. (see the other thread I started). The point of this discussion board is to have discussions and to allow folks to learn from others encounters. There is no perfect way to OC, CC, raise your kids, or anything else in this life, every person makes decisions and the best result is generally only determined AFTER you get your results. Lately, I find that I am making decisions on how I want my children to make them, whether they are with me or not. Honestly, my encounter with the concerned citizen had me fearful of it escalating into an encounter with the police, but I walked the path I chose anyway. Doing what you believe is "right" is and never should be the easy path.

Well said, and that is to be respected. You made the decission you were comfortable with, you stand by it and live with it. And that's all the OP did, and yet there are those commenting here showing zero respect for his parental decisions. Its a darn shame, but expected with such a mixed bag of nuts we find on discussion boards, as you mentioned.

PALO

I don't think some are hearing or respecting what the poster is saying. At some point it was not about OC that day, it became about enjoying the day with his 2 yr old in the best way he found as a responsible parent, and still remaining armed and ready to protect. Get the OC is religion, and sacrilegious if you do not stand your ground in every situation, and confront every person, and cop out of you silly heads.

I don't believe "OC is religion, and sacrilegious if you do not stand your ground in every situation, and confront every person and cop" is the message OCDO wishes to spread folks.

^^^ this

sudden valley gunner

I laugh at being called "extreme" for simply standing up for fundamental human rights. This goes back to my point of people using subjective words to demonize actions they have personal opinions on. It is also a tool used by those who have trampled and diminished our rights at every chance they get to label those who resist as "extreme".

My children no if cops get involved break out their phones and start recording.

I had to laugh when someone wanted to caution us at having an OC picnic in Spokane in response to abusive authority because "of the children" what a Brady line. Yep and even a prosecutor OC'd to that event. Our children need to learn they don't have to cower to every demand that makes others uncomfortable.

Packer fan

P85

It's easy for me to armchair quarterback because I was not there, but you did what you thought was right at the time. I may have covered I may not have, it depends in the attire I was donning at the time, but you did what you thought was right.

As for the logic of the request; it's harder for the PC (politically correct) teachers (any adult) to explain how it is that a man with a firearm didn't start lighting the place up.

jbone

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” ~T Jefferson

Good quote, I think the OP lived it that day standing by his child, a most important parenting principle, glad you see that now.

The best inheritance a parent can give his children is a few minutes of his time each day
. ~Orlando A. Battista~

Again, as we can see the OP clearly made a proper parenting choice that day, for him, not for you or anyone else. why is that so hard to understand. He too had a "FUNDELMENTAL RIGHT", and exercised it, I think some of you should go find an ANTI to bash instead of bashing a carrier of firearms.

Yes, it's hard for some of you to comprehend, and yes you to have the right of choosing whether kid or cause is more important. If you take anything from the OP, and I think even A monkey could pick up on this, it's that the goal was meet that day, the father was armed and able to protect, regardless of OC or CC.

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Good quote, I think the OP lived it that day standing by his child, a most important parenting principle, glad you see that now.

The best inheritance a parent can give his children is a few minutes of his time each day
. ~Orlando A. Battista~

Again, as we can see the OP clearly made a proper parenting choice that day, for him, not for you or anyone else. why is that so hard to understand. He too had a "FUNDELMENTAL RIGHT", and exercised it, I think some of you should go find an ANTI to bash instead of bashing a carrier of firearms.

Yes, it's hard for some of you to comprehend, and yes you to have the right of choosing whether kid or cause is more important. If you take anything from the OP, and I think even A monkey could pick up on this, it's that the goal was meet that day, the father was armed and able to protect, regardless of OC or CC.

I do comprehend. I reject your arguments that I have to choose between my kid being more important or standing up for a natural right as more important. There is an avenue for both to carry the day. The OP did what he felt comfortable with considering the tools he had in his toolbox that day. He posted here for feedback, I am going to assume it is so he can build his toolbox. There are many more possibilities on how the scenario could of been enhanced that day and I am sure there are scenarios that could of gone down hill as well.

Enough of the insults directed towards myself and others, you make yourself look silly.

(p.s. not sure he thinks his kid is more important....have you seen what they put in McDonald's "food" products? :rolleyes:)

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
(p.s. not sure he thinks his kid is more important....have you seen what they put in McDonald's "food" products? :rolleyes:)

They actually got rid of the pink slime. However, I am sure there is plenty more badness in them: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sidesho...ger-using-pink-slime-chemicals-171209662.html

McDonald's announced last week that, as of last August, is has stopped using ammonium hydroxide in the production of its hamburgers. MSNBC reports that the chemical, used in fertilizers, household cleaners and even homemade explosives, was also used to prepare McDonalds' hamburger meat.

Last edited: