• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Family of Florida boy killed by Neighborhood Watch seeks arrest

Stanley

Oh! I didn't know you were there!!!!

My bad!

/sarcasm

There was an anonymous witness. In the dark. That saw the end of the fight. Case solved... Lol

Last edited:

Hunterdave

I don't know specifically about Florida, but in many states all
private property is, by definition , posted, no signage necessary.
If you are on my property without invitation, you are trespassing!!

And in any state you DO NOT have the right to go on someone
else's property at will!!!

Stanley

I just posted a statute...

Argue that... No notification, no trespassing. Shrug...

Florida - closest they list

(1) Whoever, without being authorized, licensed, or invited, willfully enters or remains in any structure or conveyance, or, having been authorized, licensed, or invited, is warned by the owner or lessee of the premises, or by a person authorized by the owner or lessee, to depart and refuses to do so, commits the offense of trespass in a structure or conveyance.

KEY WORD: Warned

Last edited:

Stanley

Virginia statute isn't relevant to Florida....

Just posted the closest statute they have from the govt web site in Florida.

You guys are really trying hard...

He still didn't commit a crime. Note, the police don't mention him trespassing...

So back to square one. He was doing nothing illegal...

Last edited:

wrightme

Just posted the closest statute they have from the govt web site.

You guys are really trying hard...

You aren't really trying hard enough.

When discussing legal aspects of Florida, Virginia law isn't relevant.

He still didn't commit a crime. Note, the police don't mention him trespassing...

So back to square one. He was doing nothing illegal..
Well, until he attacked Zimmerman. Up to that point, IMHO, only suspicious activity, according to Zimmerman.

Last edited:

rscottie

Oh! I didn't know you were there!!!!

My bad!

/sarcasm

There was an anonymous witness. In the dark. That saw the end of the fight. Case solved... Lol

Actually the witness saw the beginning of the fight and tried to break it up. Treyvon would not stop beating on George Zimmerman so the guy ran inside his home to get his phone and call 911.

This witness was able to call 911 and also spoke to the police at the scene.

His name is John and he wishes to remain anonymous because he would not like to be on the hitlist of the Black Panthers.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/state/witness-martin-attacked-zimmerman-03232012

Police interviewed him and his description matches the injuries that George Zimmerman suffered which included a broken nose and a large gash on the back of his head from having his head repeatedly slammed in to the ground.

wrightme

Try rereading sparky...

Rereading for what ? The edit you typed while I was already replying? :confused:

You seem to be a bit 'chip on shoulder' about something. Are you having a bad night?

But, if you refer to what you just now posted about florida.....

1) Whoever, without being authorized, licensed, or invited, willfully enters or remains in any structure or conveyance, or, having been authorized, licensed, or invited, is warned by the owner or lessee of the premises, or by a person authorized by the owner or lessee, to depart and refuses to do so, commits the offense of trespass in a structure or conveyance.

You should re-read for comprehension. The bold part does not require warning.

Last edited:

Hunterdave

And approaching someone at night, in the dark in a reasonably threatening manner is starting a fight.

Where are you from? Switzerland? Lolol

Funny how you have to add "in a reasonably threatening manner" to even make it sound halfway intelligent.

Legally, the one that initiated the physical contact( the first actual aggressive touch) started the fight.

Which is which, is not know to the public yet. But the evidence known thus far it appears it was

Martin. But we will see.

Stanley

And the witness doesn't state anything about the "beginning" of the fight. He only saw Martin on top. That does not indicated that it started that way...

Stanley

Rereading for what ? The edit you typed while I was already replying? :confused:

You seem to be a bit 'chip on shoulder' about something. Are you having a bad night?

1) I posted the Florida statute. Any claim Martin was doing anything illegal is nonsense.

2) The witness doesn't claim to see the beginning I the fight. The girlfriends testimony, the gf on the phone, states something different.

Stanley

Funny how you have to add "in a reasonably threatening manner" to even make it sound halfway intelligent.

Legally, the one that initiated the physical contact( the first actual aggressive touch) started the fight.

Which is which, is not know to the public yet. But the evidence known thus far it appears it was

Martin. But we will see.

This being OCDO I would expect you to know better. The person that starts the aggressive behavior starts the fight.

The same goes with any encounter, a man approaches you with intent and you aren't initiating anything but self defense...

Of course, any opinion different than the majority opinion would be trolling though. Wouldn't it??? Lol

Last edited:

wrightme

1) I posted the Florida statute. Any claim Martin was doing anything illegal is nonsense.

I replied to that.

Go re-read. For comprehension this time. THere is a very critical "OR" that you appear to have missed.

Stanley said:
2) The witness doesn't claim to see the beginning I the fight. The girlfriends testimony, the gf on the phone, states something different.
So, what do you think the gf's testimony was in disagreement about?

She wasn't there you know.....

Last edited:

Stanley

I just posted a statute...

Argue that... No notification, no trespassing. Shrug...

Florida - closest they list

(1) Whoever, without being authorized, licensed, or invited, willfully enters or remains in any structure or conveyance, or, having been authorized, licensed, or invited, is warned by the owner or lessee of the premises, or by a person authorized by the owner or lessee, to depart and refuses to do so, commits the offense of trespass in a structure or conveyance.

KEY WORD: Warned

What did I miss, warning is necessary...

is warned by the owner or lessee of the premises, or by a person authorized by the owner or lessee, to depart and refuses to do so, commits the offense of trespass in a structure or conveyance.

I see what you are referring to but a structure or conveyance is NOT a yard.

The girlfriend clearly stated Martin was talking to her, heard them both talking and hears the struggle start. If he was running to attack he would not be on the phone. If he was ambushing Z he would not be on the phone.

Of course, clearly the girl is lying. /sarcasm

Who do you know that starts a fight while ON the phone...

Of course, a kid that got suspended for having an empty marijuana bag and school fights is clearly going to be an attacker while the guy with restraining orders on him is a stand up guy...

Last edited:

vermonter

There are too many unknowns. Walking with a hoodie down a side walk for through a grassy field - not suspicious. Walking behind apartments near PPL's windows - suspicious. Bottom line Zimmerman was the aggressor. 911 was on the line, the PD was en-route and Zimmerman could have observed and reported from a distance. Save the "Stand Your Ground" for cases where innocents are approached by criminals with the intent to rob, rape or otherwise harm. If we loose "Stand Your Ground" b/c of idiotic moves by guys like Zimmerman we will be back to "arrest first until proven innocent". Does anyone think it is fair to have a "blanket arrest" policy for all homicides until a grand jury determines your innocence? I don't want to lose the right to be innocent until proven guilty - the way it should be! I am still looking for clear and convincing evidence in the police reports that were released that Zimmerman was justified.....

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
If you are found uninvited in a backyard at night in my neck of the woods you'll likely be found there in the morning, until the coroner shows up to collect your remains. I will certainly admit that if you fit the profile of the ordinary resident in our community you have a much better chance of being asked to explain your presence and allowed to carry on. If you look like a "hood rat" or a meth head, and make any sort of furtive movement you better hope the authorities show up before the hogs so that you can have an open casket funeral.

I'm saddened by what Mr Martin's family has been put through, and the fact that the kid is dead. Everyone in this case made poor choices, but the more facts that come to light show Mr Martin as making the most significantly poor choices. One thing that should make everyone realize that the media is stoking the fires of rage once again in order to incite division is that this incident happened A MONTH AGO, not last weekend.

Furthermore there is NO OUTRAGE AT ALL about the murders of how many other black kids at the hands of other black kids in the same time since? The selective concern proves to me leftist journalists don't give a damn about the facts, it's the agenda they're promoting that makes all the difference.

Last edited:

Stanley

There are too many unknowns. Walking with a hoodie down a side walk for through a grassy field - not suspicious. Walking behind apartments near PPL's windows - suspicious. Bottom line Zimmerman was the aggressor. 911 was on the line, the PD was en-route and Zimmerman could have observed and reported from a distance. Save the "Stand Your Ground" for cases where innocents are approached by criminals with the intent to rob, rape or otherwise harm. If we loose "Stand Your Ground" b/c of idiotic moves by guys like Zimmerman we will be back to "arrest first until proven innocent". Does anyone think it is fair to have a "blanket arrest" policy for all homicides until a grand jury determines your innocence? I don't want to lose the right to be innocent until proven guilty - the way it should be! I am still looking for clear and convincing evidence in the police reports that were released that Zimmerman was justified.....

Thank you...

Z starts the encounter and is therefore responsible for its outcome.

Being suspicious itself is not a crime... Nor is crossing a yard, in Florida, per their law. ;)

Though, in response to PFW, if a homeowner shot him it would not look so bad.

Last edited: