• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Family of Florida boy killed by Neighborhood Watch seeks arrest

Beretta92FSLady

If someone is creeping around the backyards of other peoples homes, in a neighborhood that had experienced a rash of burglaries, then Zimmerman had every right to follow him.

Treyvon should have been explaining what he was doing in someone else's backyard and loitering.

Treyvon obviously did not feel too threatened, he called his girlfriend instead of the police.

No, Zimmerman doesn't. That's also assuming Treyvon was in someones back yard.

Trayvon may have already been on the phone with his girlfriend.

You still didn't answer the question though: If Zimmerman, in the middle of the night, was following (pursuing) you in the middle of the night, would you feel threatened? Would you consider the totality of the situation, and at a minimum turn around, and confront the individual following you? Mind you, you are a grown person, Trayvon is a teenager; can we expect trayvon to do what we, who are older, would do?

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Interestingly enough, I wonder if M pulling a gun mightn't have defused the situation? Especially if he went to low-ready and challenged Z (as opposed to starting blasting).

To me it seems like the resort to physical combat (which so many anti-gunners are so enamored with) precipitated this young man's death.

Marshaul's Postulate of Civilian Self-Comportment:

It is a bad strategy to engage in hand-to-hand physical altercation.

Beretta92FSLady

I

Marshaul's Postulate of Civilian Self-Comportment:

It is a bad strategy to engage in hand-to-hand physical altercation.

I have heard some state that your wagon ought to be the last option. Personally, between fighting, and drawing my sidearm, I would take the latter. I don't know what the other individual is capable of physically; I do know what I am NOT capable of physically.

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I have heard some state that your [weapon?] ought to be the last option.

Absolutely.

But then, engaging in hand-to-hand physical altercation is not an option, period. Not only is it never applicable or appropriate, it's tactically unsound and simply never a good place to be.

If someone forces me into a physical altercation, it's going to be after I've exhausted every attempt to avoid conflict, and I'm going to take that as tantamount to imminent deadly force.

I mean, I suppose it's possible someone far smaller and weaker might try to assault me due to being crazy or whatever, and I might not go to my sidearm then. But in any realistic scenario, any person who persists in attempting physical altercation with me is very likely emboldened by having greater mass and/or fighting experience on me.

Last edited:

rscottie

No, Zimmerman doesn't. That's also assuming Treyvon was in someones back yard.

Trayvon may have already been on the phone with his girlfriend.

You still didn't answer the question though: If Zimmerman, in the middle of the night, was following (pursuing) you in the middle of the night, would you feel threatened? Would you consider the totality of the situation, and at a minimum turn around, and confront the individual following you? Mind you, you are a grown person, Trayvon is a teenager; can we expect trayvon to do what we, who are older, would do?

At the beginning of one of the 911 calls, Zimmerman describes the guy as being suspicious and walking around looking in the backyards of the homes.

If I was lurking in peoples backyards, I would expect for someone to question me as trespassing is not tolerated in my neighborhood.

j4l

And yet, you folks continue to speculate and jump to conclusions, despite more information coming out.. :banghead: :banghead:

ORLANDO - A witness we haven't heard from before paints a much different picture than we've seen so far of what happened the night 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was shot and killed.

The night of that shooting, police say there was a witness who saw it all.

Our sister station, FOX 35 in Orlando, has spoken to that witness.

What Sanford Police investigators have in the folder, they put together on the killing of Trayvon Martin few know about.

The file now sits in the hands of the state attorney. Now that file is just weeks away from being opened to a grand jury.

It shows more now about why police believed that night that George Zimmerman shouldn't have gone to jail.

Zimmerman called 911 and told dispatchers he was following a teen. The dispatcher told Zimmerman not to.

And from that moment to the shooting, details are few.

But one man's testimony could be key for the police.

"The guy on the bottom who had a red sweater on was yelling to me: 'help, help…and I told him to stop and I was calling 911,"
he said.

Trayvon Martin was in a hoodie; Zimmerman was in red.

The witness only wanted to be identified as "John," and didn't not want to be shown on camera.

His statements to police were instrumental, because police backed up Zimmerman's claims, saying those screams on the 911 call are those of Zimmerman.

"When I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point," John said.

Zimmerman says the shooting was self defense. According to information released on the Sanford city website, Zimmerman said he was going back to his SUV when he was attacked by the teen.

Sanford police say Zimmerman was bloody in his face and head, and the back of his shirt was wet and had grass stains, indicating a struggle took place before the shooting.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/new...erman-03232012

j4l

]And yet, you folks continue to speculate and jump to conclusions, despite more information coming out.. :banghead: :banghead:
As to the back yard thing- go back and listen to, or read the transcripts of, the 911 calls- every one of them reported M as being in their back yards at this stage of the incident.

ORLANDO - A witness we haven't heard from before paints a much different picture than we've seen so far of what happened the night 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was shot and killed.

What Sanford Police investigators have in the folder, they put together on the killing of Trayvon Martin few know about.

The file now sits in the hands of the state attorney. Now that file is just weeks away from being opened to a grand jury.

It shows more now about why police believed that night that George Zimmerman shouldn't have gone to jail.

Zimmerman called 911 and told dispatchers he was following a teen. The dispatcher told Zimmerman not to.

"The guy on the bottom who had a red sweater on was yelling to me: 'help, help…and I told him to stop and I was calling 911,"
he said.

The witness only wanted to be identified as "John," and didn't not want to be shown on camera.

His statements to police were instrumental, because police backed up Zimmerman's claims, saying those screams on the 911 call are those of Zimmerman.

"When I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point," John said.

Zimmerman says the shooting was self defense. According to information released on the Sanford city website, Zimmerman said he was going back to his SUV when he was attacked by the teen.

Sanford police say Zimmerman was bloody in his face and head, and the back of his shirt was wet and had grass stains, indicating a struggle took place before the shooting.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/new...erman-03232012[/QUOTE]

1245A Defender

well,,,

At the beginning of one of the 911 calls, Zimmerman describes the guy as being suspicious and walking around looking in the backyards of the homes.

If I was lurking in peoples backyards, I would expect for someone to question me as trespassing is not tolerated in my neighborhood.

Cite!!!

I have read and viewed everything I could find about this case,,,
The only thing zimmerman says in the first 911 call is, the guy is suspisious, looks like he is up to no good, and fjckin c00ns!

their has not been any indication of unlawfull acts by tryvon, and reports support that tryvon tried but failed to stay away from zimmerman.

wrightme

Cite!!!

The only thing zimmerman says in the first 911 call is, the guy is suspisious, looks like he is up to no good, and fjckin c00ns!

their has not been any indication of unlawfull acts by tryvon, and reports support that tryvon tried but failed to stay away from zimmerman.

During the call, he described actions, said he looked suspicious, and I made out no racial slurs whatsoever. Any reference to race appeared to be tertiary, and mostly at the prompting of the 911 clerk.

Gil223

I consider absolutely nothing to be beneath the media and lawyers. If there is no story, the media will create one, and if his client has killed and eaten young, black children, an attorney will spin it into a "mercy killing" or a "starving man" human interest scenario. The only living person that knows "the truth" of this matter is Zimmerman himself, and his survival instincts will dictate his version of the story. Witnesses only have their perception of what happened, which may be colored (no pun intended) by their own life experiences. The only entity I trust less than the media and the legal profession, is the government. The entire country is guessing about what happened, based upon "what if" scenarios. Just sayin'. Pax...

jbone

]And yet, you folks continue to speculate and jump to conclusions, despite more information coming out.. :banghead: :banghead:
As to the back yard thing- go back and listen to, or read the transcripts of, the 911 calls- every one of them reported M as being in their back yards at this stage of the incident.

he said.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/new...erman-03232012

Yep, most will ignore these types of important case developments. Far too many have already been sucked into the hype of a radical motivated murder of a defenseless skittles carrying little Black boy. The truth has no place for these folks.

rscottie

Cite!!!

Loitering and looking at the houses is suspicious, especially when you are walking through peoples back yards.

Treyvon's girlfriend tells him to go faster which he says he did and he tells her the guy is still following him.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/mar/20/nation/la-na-trayvon-martin-20120321

Zimmerman catches up to Treyvon and a fight occurs.

It occurs behind the houses which is backed up by the 911 calls.

Here is a recording of a girl that tells 911 that there was a fight with a gunshot in her backyard right by her back porch.

http://www.axiomamnesia.com/Audio/T...rman-Young-Female-Neighbor-Sees-Zimmerman.mp3

So if Treyvon tells his girlfriend he is going to walk faster, not indicating a change in direction, and Zimmerman catches up to him and it happens to be behind the houses, it is obvious that Treyvon is walking through the backyards.

Being in someones backyard is suspicious to me and was to George Zimmerman too as there had been a rash of burglaries in that neighborhood.

Stanley

Walking through backyards is not illegal. ;)

Though, if what you say is correct, then Zimmerman started the fight.

rscottie

Walking through backyards is not illegal? Perhaps not or perhaps it was trespassing. It does not matter. Illegal or not illegal, it is suspicious.

How do you get that George Zimmerman started the fight, especially from what I said?

Hunterdave

IT ABSOLUTELY IS ILLEGAL ! IT'S CALLED TRESPASSING!!

When someone is on my property uninvited, it is of great
concern to me.

Oh, and approaching someone to inquire or for any other reason is not "starting a fight"!!!
Whoever threw the first punch started the fight!!!

Last edited:

Stanley

concern to me.

Not unless it's posted or someone asks you to leave and you don't...

Trespassing requires notification.

Caps don't make you right ya know...

This is my state but many others appear the same...

Trespassing
If any person without authority of law goes upon or remains upon the lands, buildings or premises of another, or any portion or area thereof, after having been forbidden to do so, either orally or in writing, by the owner, lessee, custodian or other person lawfully in charge thereof, or after having been forbidden to do so by a sign or signs posted by such persons or by the holder of any easement or other right-of-way authorized by the instrument creating such interest to post such signs on such lands, structures, premises or portion or area thereof at a place or places where it or they may be reasonably seen, or if any person, whether he is the owner, tenant or otherwise entitled to the use of such land, building or premises, goes upon, or remains upon such land, building or premises after having been prohibited from doing so by a court of competent jurisdiction by an order issued pursuant to §§ 16.1-253, 16.1-253.1, 16.1-253.4, 16.1-278.2 through 16.1-278.6, 16.1-278.8, 16.1-278.14, 16.1-278.15, 16.1-279.1, 19.2-152.8, 19.2-152.9 or § 19.2-152.10 or an ex parte order issued pursuant to § 20-103, and after having been served with such order, he shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. This section shall not be construed to affect in any way the provisions of §§ 18.2-132 through 18.2-136.

Last edited:

Stanley

And approaching someone at night, in the dark in a reasonably threatening manner is starting a fight.

Where are you from? Switzerland? Lolol

rscottie

concern to me.

Oh, and approaching someone to inquire or for any other reason is not "starting a fight"!!!
Whoever threw the first punch started the fight!!!

I agree!

Hopefully Stanley does not think that it is perfectly OK to walk around on private property that you do not own and were not invited to because technically it is only trespassing if you are specifically told not to do so or told to leave.

To me that is just plain disrespectful of the property owners rights.

Of course, if the UN gets it's way, Private Property Ownership will go away. It is called Prop 21 or something like that.

Stanley

I agree!

Hopefully Stanley does not think that it is perfectly OK to walk around on private property that you do not own and were not invited to because technically it is only trespassing if you are specifically told not to do so or told to leave.

To me that is just plain disrespectful of the property owners rights.

Of course, if the UN gets it's way, Private Property Ownership will go away. It is called Prop 21 or something like that.

Don't be foolish. Walking across a yard is not illegal.

Period.

Disrespect is not a capital crime last time I checked.

rscottie

Don't be foolish. Walking across a yard is not illegal.

Period.

Disrespect is not a capital crime last time I checked.

Um, Treyvon was not shot for that reason. He was shot because he was straddling George Zimmermans chest, pounding him in the face, and slamming his head in to the ground.

There is a witness to what I describe and the witness tried to get Treyvon to stop but he would not. This is in the 911 transcripts of the call that this witness made.