• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Family of Florida boy killed by Neighborhood Watch seeks arrest

rscottie

And the witness doesn't state anything about the "beginning" of the fight. He only saw Martin on top. That does not indicated that it started that way...

When Treyvon's autopsy report shows that he had no other injuries except the gunshot wound, and the police report shows that George Zimmerman had a broken nose and a large gash on the back of his head, perhaps you will stop trying to make Treyvon out to be so sweet and innocent.

Nah, I doubt it considering that you probably think that the picture that the media is showing of Treyvon at 11 or 12 is not being used for political reasons.

It is shameful how the media is jumping on this and trying to turn this in to a race thing. They did this when they thought that George Zimmerman was a perfect Jewish candidate they could use to stir up racial hatred in the black community.

You would think that when they realized that George Zimmerman is multiracial Hispanic/Black and Caucasian, they would have backed off. But it was too late and they had to go all out.

Now the lefties are out in full force as this is their latest cause du jour.

Stanley

Ummm...

1) I know Zimmerman is Hispanic. Did I mention race? Why did you? Race bait much???

2) I know he isn't a little kid. Perhaps Z chose the wrong battle. Starting a fight and then getting your *** kicked proves nothing. Shrug bad kid or woman beating adult? You tell me which one is bad.

3) When you have no argument start whining about lefties...

4) You have nothing but the police's word and an anonymous tip. Lol, nice to see people on OCDO trust the police that residents of the town don't. Interesting...

5) If I give an anonymous tip that you are a terrorist and the feds pick you up is that enough evidence??? Hmmmm.....

I think we are the ones being trolled...

Last edited:

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
snip...

I am still looking for clear and convincing evidence in the police reports that were released that Zimmerman was justified.....

I no longer am. This case was open and shut a month ago. The media just recently decided it had legs and is using it to promote the narative.

wrightme

Thank you...

Z starts the encounter and is therefore responsible for its outcome.

Being suspicious itself is not a crime... Nor is crossing a yard, in Florida, per their law. ;)

Though, in response to PFW, if a homeowner shot him it would not look so bad.

False.

First, there is no indication that Z started the encounter. According to the reports I saw, Trayvon attacked Z from behind; thus, Z did NOT start the encounter.
Second, even if Z DID start the encounter, whoever aggressed is responsible for the outcome.

wrightme

There are too many unknowns. Walking with a hoodie down a side walk for through a grassy field - not suspicious. Walking behind apartments near PPL's windows - suspicious. Bottom line Zimmerman was the aggressor. 911 was on the line, the PD was en-route and Zimmerman could have observed and reported from a distance.
There has been no credible evidence that Z was an aggressor.
vermonter said:
Save the "Stand Your Ground" for cases where innocents are approached by criminals with the intent to rob, rape or otherwise harm. If we loose "Stand Your Ground" b/c of idiotic moves by guys like Zimmerman we will be back to "arrest first until proven innocent". Does anyone think it is fair to have a "blanket arrest" policy for all homicides until a grand jury determines your innocence? I don't want to lose the right to be innocent until proven guilty - the way it should be!
Yet you seem to have no problem with keeping that from Zimmerman. "Innocent until proven guilty." Has he been proven guilty yet?

And, "stand your ground" applies to everyone, not just those you would have it apply to.

vermonter said:
I am still looking for clear and convincing evidence in the police reports that were released that Zimmerman was justified.....
While such evidence would be a plus, it isn't necessary. Remember that 'innocent until proven guilty?' LE do not need evidence that he was justified. It would be sufficient to not have evidence that refutes his version of events. And, AFAICT, there isn't evidence that refutes his version of events. Remember, to convict, he must be proven guilty as opposed to not proven 'not guilty.'

Last edited:

Stanley

False.

First, there is no indication that Z started the encounter. According to the reports I saw, Trayvon attacked Z from behind; thus, Z did NOT start the encounter.
Second, even if Z DID start the encounter, whoever aggressed is responsible for the outcome.

No indication from who exactly?

1) Zimmerman's injuries are in the front of his face and body.

2) Z's story was that M approached him, they spoke and then they fought.

3) He was on his back. An attack from the rear knocking him down would have resulted in dampness and grass in his side or front, not just the back as the police said.

Either Z is telling the truth in #2 or he is lying.

The attack clearly happened from the front in any case.

The only evidence is so far is Z's word. But that's self-serving an hardly credible. That and a witness that didn't see the whole event...

Last edited:

rscottie

Ummm...

1) I know Zimmerman is Hispanic. Did I mention race? Why did you? Race bait much???

2) I know he isn't a little kid. Perhaps Z chose the wrong battle. Starting a fight and then getting your *** kicked proves nothing. Shrug bad kid or woman beating adult? You tell me which one is bad.

3) When you have no argument start whining about lefties...

4) You have nothing but the police's word and an anonymous tip. Lol, nice to see people on OCDO trust the police that residents of the town don't. Interesting...

5) If I give an anonymous tip that you are a terrorist and the feds pick you up is that enough evidence??? Hmmmm.....

I think we are the ones being trolled...

I have given you the cites, where are yours?

The witness that wants to be anonymous in the media so that he is not killed by the radical Black Panthers is in the police report. He gave a statement the night of the shooting. That statement is in the DA's Report. He is not anonymous to the authorities. He asked to go by "John" in one interview because he doesn't wish to receive death threats because his view of things as well as the police investigation back up what George Zimmerman reported.

This whole reopening of the case is a race thing. They were calling George Zimmerman white for quite some time, until his picture came out.

The media wants this to be a nice big racial issue to go on for a few months to get Obama back in for four more years.

It will not work.

Hunterdave

This being OCDO I would expect you to know better. The person that starts the aggressive behavior starts the fight.

The same goes with any encounter, a man approaches you with intent and you aren't initiating anything but self defense...

Of course, any opinion different than the majority opinion would be trolling though. Wouldn't it??? Lol

You keep implying that Zimmerman approached in a threatening manner, which YOU HAVE NO CLUE if that is so.
I could assume he approached him to ask for a date, but I don't.

If you ask me to speculate I would say he approached to ask why he was walking through people's
backyards and to ask him to please walk on the sidewalk and was attacked out of imagined fear or
maybe anger that he thought he was being harassed.It could be many scenario's. Let's wait for
the facts before you draw and quarter Mr Z.

wrightme

No indication from who exactly?
??? Um, do you have any idea how ridiculous that question sounds? I have seen no indication of that. Thus, it wouldn't be from anyone at all. :rolleyes:

Stanley said:
1) Zimmerman's injuries are in the front of his face and body.

2) Z's story was that M approached him, they spoke and then they fought.

3) He was on his back. An attack from the rear knocking him down would have resulted in dampness and grass in his side or front, not just the back as the police said.

Either Z is telling the truth in #2 or he is lying.

The attack clearly happened from the front in any case.

The only evidence is so far is Z's word. But that's self-serving an hardly credible. That and a witness that didn't see the whole event...

Link that version in Z's words. I have not seen that version.

What I read from Z was that M attacked him from behind, not pushed him down from behind. Also, that M hit him in the face, knocking him down.

And, there were also wounds on the back of his head.

Last edited:

Stanley

You keep implying that Zimmerman approached in a threatening manner, which YOU HAVE NO CLUE if that is so.

No, I merely assert that following someone at night, in the dark is in itself threatening.

Anyone living in an area with crime can't really claim otherwise...

Stanley

Link that version in Z's words. I have not seen that version.

What I read from Z was that M attacked him from behind, not pushed him down from behind. Also, that M hit him in the face, knocking him down.

Read what you just said. He's attacking by surprise from behind without getting knocked down, then M moves all the way around him to hit him in the face to knock him down.

The kids a football player. He couldn't take him down?

Still doesn't add up.

My bad about his rear head injuries. They occurred when he got his head bashed in the ground.

Where's the evidence of a rear attack? There is none.

wrightme

Read what you just said. He's attacking by surprise from behind without getting knocked down, then M moves all the way around him to hit him in the face to knock him down.

The kids a football player. He couldn't take him down?
Were you there to see how it went down? No. We have Z's report to go by, and it is plausible. The simple act of attacking from behind does not imply that M intended to knock him down. WE simply do not know.

You are choosing to fabricate scenarios that attempt to deny Z's story for some reason. Why is that?

Stanley

You may "feel" anything you wish, but it DOES NOT give you the legal right to attack until a tangible
threatening act occurs.

So then anyone defending themselves as someone approaches them at night CAN'T shoot them?

That'll do wonders for the castle doctrine an syg laws...

False... When you have a reasonable fear that your life is in danger you can defend it. Not just when the bad guy does something "tangible," whatever that's supposed to mean...

But... A man comes up I you quickly in the dark after following you doesn't equal a tangible threat??? On what planet???

Last edited:

Stanley

Were you there to see how it went down? No. We have Z's report to go by, and it is plausible. The simple act of attacking from behind does not imply that M intended to knock him down. WE simply do not know.

You are choosing to fabricate scenarios that attempt to deny Z's story for some reason. Why is that?

Probably the same reason you are attempting ti make Martin the aggressor.

Except, I just posted a cite do I'm not exactly fabricating...

wrightme

Zimmerman says Trayvon asked if he had a problem, to which he replied "no," while reaching for his cell phone. He then claims that Trayvon said, "well, you do now," and proceeded to punch Zimmerman in the face.

http://www.thegrio.com/specials/tra...ives-detailed-statement-to-sanford-police.php

???

So far, that is the ONLY source I have reviewed that specifies those specifics. NONE of the reports based in Florida media claim Z said any of that.

But.....

TheGrio.com is the first video-centric news community site devoted to providing African Americans with stories and perspectives that appeal to them but are underrepresented in existing national news outlets.

Last edited:

Stanley

Ahhh African American news source so clearly they are lying...

Didn't take long for the bias to show up... Eh?

wrightme

Probably the same reason you are attempting ti make Martin the aggressor.

Except, I just posted a cite do I'm not exactly fabricating...

??

I am not attempting to make Martin the aggressor. I am simply pointing out what has been reported. And, if new evidence comes to light that does refute Z's version of events, I am more than willing to review it and alter my position accordingly.