• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Family of Florida boy killed by Neighborhood Watch seeks arrest

jbone

Zimmerman looks pretty good for someone who was defending himself. Where's the blood?

The “No Justice No Peace” chant led by Sharpton is far more revealing than a fussy video of another man’s head.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSX1hYRjeNM

Al said “Don’t’ talk to us like we ignant”; well it appears his ignorance of case facts has him persuading others to force an injustice with threats of racially motivated violence. His ignorance also does not allow him to see that Americans of all races disapprove of his hateful racist methods.

OC for ME

I wonder if Sharpton will jet to the left coast for this one. Or, stay in/go to FL.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/2...ot-dead-alleged-armed-robber/?test=latestnews

Not associated with this thread other than the once again it will be confirmed that there is hypocrisy in the media and the black q-munity.

I did not see any injuries after viewing the video.

Watch the full video to the left of the short video.

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/trayvon-ma...ance-video-george-zimmerman/story?id=16022897

09jisaac

The “No Justice No Peace” chant led by Sharpton is far more revealing than a fussy video of another man’s head.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSX1hYRjeNM

Al said “Don’t’ talk to us like we ignant”; well it appears his ignorance of case facts has him persuading others to force an injustice with threats of racially motivated violence. His ignorance also does not allow him to see that Americans of all races disapprove of his hateful racist methods.

What bothers me the most is them shouting for Z's arrest and how he should be put behind bars and then saying they want justice. This isn't justice. Justice is when someone is held strictly to our legal system. I have nothing wrong with either. The family wants justice? Noblest of goals, I want justice too. If Z had no right to claim self defense then he should be tried and convicted of murder/manslaughter/whatever. A grieving family wanting the man they know shot and killed their son/brother/cousin/whatever behind bars? Nothing wrong with wanting anything, but don't act like Z being out on the streets can't be justice. Any man/woman/child who takes another person's life in a justified situation walking free is justice.

jbone

What bothers me the most is them shouting for Z's arrest and how he should be put behind bars and then saying they want justice. This isn't justice. Justice is when someone is held strictly to our legal system. I have nothing wrong with either. The family wants justice? Noblest of goals, I want justice too. If Z had no right to claim self defense then he should be tried and convicted of murder/manslaughter/whatever. A grieving family wanting the man they know shot and killed their son/brother/cousin/whatever behind bars? Nothing wrong with wanting anything, but don't act like Z being out on the streets can't be justice. Any man/woman/child who takes another person's life in a justified situation walking free is justice.

You are correct on all points. But Justice as I know it is not the outcome they seek.
"President Obama, this is your army. We are ready to march. Let's take these son of bitches out…”
Just as Hoffa threatened the Tea Party followers with violence, Sharpton threatens with physical harm. This is the way of the radical left. In this case if social justice is not the ruling, expect violence, is the message. And to make matters worse elected Officials with biased, prejudices, and transformational agendas are fueling this hatred, and movement towards violence against America.
I know the radical racists do not seek Criminal Justice, they seek Social Justice, and these racists threaten America with violence if Social Justice is not served up. There is a very overt attempt on the lefts part to taint the investigation, and any courtroom proceedings, should it go that far. The facts in this case as of right now fully support, Justifiable Homicide.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Oh. My. God. Can we please stop with the cries of "racism!" Seriously. It has nothing to do with this event, and for the millionth time, you're just lending credence to their actions by responding at all.

jbone, I really hate to say this, but by allowing it to be about race when it shouldn't be (forget the actions of others), you're exactly as racist as the lot you won't shut up about. No more, no less.

09jisaac

Oh. My. God. Can we please stop with the cries of "racism!" Seriously. It has nothing to do with this event, and for the millionth time, you're just lending credence to their actions by responding at all.

jbone, I really hate to say this, but by allowing it to be about race when it shouldn't be (forget the actions of others), you're exactly as racist as the lot you won't shut up about. No more, no less.

You fail to see the difference. If a situation happens between people of different races because of valid reasons and not race THEN it is turned into a race issue doesn't mean anyone is racist (we all are racist) talking about the races involved in the situation and aftermath.

If the KKK declared war on all black americans it isn't racist to call them what they are.

jbone

Your call me a racist for simply discussing the facts about the known national radical race baiters, the ones that have turned this into a race issue? Incredible!
You’re calling me a racist is a personal attack; you have no evidence, or basis for such a grossly incorrect, inflammatory remark. I insist you retract your attacking insult from your post, and see to it that moderators remove any trace of your attack.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Your call me a racist for simply discussing the facts about the known national radical race baiters, the ones that have turned this into a race issue? Incredible!
You’re calling me a racist is a personal attack; you have no evidence, or basis for such a grossly incorrect, inflammatory remark. I insist you retract your attacking insult from your post, and see to it that moderators remove any trace of your attack.

I'll do no such thing. I am sick of the race-baiting that both sides are engaging in over this unfortunate affair, which has nothing to do with race.

If the thread were about Al Sharpton and his ilk, it wouldn't be racist to discuss it.

But it has nothing to do with this discussion. I can see no reason to constantly bring it up but an obsession with race.

All this nonsense about impending race war is just so much hyperbole. There are no lynch mobs. Just a bunch of protestors inspired by rhetoric, who will do nothing and this ridiculous affair will all blow over. And for some reason you're blind to the fact that, if they were to act, they would be inspired as much by folks claiming their claims of racism are racist just as much as by the rhetoric of Sharpton. It's time to be the better man. Just let it go.

The real issue at hand is that Sharpton and his ilk just have to make this about race.

And, as you have pointed out regarding Al Sharpton and his ilk, making everything about race is racist. Therefore, you are also racist.

You don't want to be called racist for doing what Al Sharpton is doing, then stop doing what he's doing. Is it really that hard to grasp?

This forum deserves better than this kind of 9th grade crap. And that goes for me to, but I am just sick of it. If I were a moderator I'd lock any thread where a person irrelevantly brings up Sharpton. It doesn't matter what you think about it, it matters how it looks to the outside world. And I'm telling you that pretty much everyone who isn't in here talking about Al Sharpton would think your posts are racist. Doesn't matter which one of you is right.This forums exists, in part, to normalize open carry. You're not advancing that goal by harping on about Sharpton's mindless rhetoric.

I swear, calling people racist is the new racism. Which is why I say you're just as guilty of it as Sharpton is.

Seriously, is there not a single person aside from Stanley (who is black, which means you'll no doubt lump him in with Sharpton since he agrees with me) who sees the point I'm driving at? Is nobody else sick of this garbage?

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
You fail to see the difference. If a situation happens between people of different races because of valid reasons and not race THEN it is turned into a race issue doesn't mean anyone is racist (we all are racist) talking about the races involved in the situation and aftermath.

If the KKK declared war on all black americans it isn't racist to call them what they are.

We're not talking about war. We're talking about talking. Come on people, this is utterly ridiculous. Nobody has lynched Zimmerman, and nobody's about to.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Black Panther leader offering reward for capture of Trayvon Martin shooter arrested on charges he's felon who had a firearm

Et tu, Grapeshot?

I mean, come on. Read the darn article.

Hashim Nzinga, 49, was in possession of an FN Herstal 5.7x28 handgun that he allegedly sold to the Stone Mountain Pawn Shop on March 5 in DeKalb County, Sgt. Adrion Bell, the public information officer, told FoxNews.com.

Last month, Nzinga was convicted for felony deposit account fraud in nearby Gwinnett County, Bell said. It is illegal for a convicted felon to carry a firearm in the state and police were alerted to Nzinga’s alleged possession after the store’s transaction, Bell said.

Do you really think anybody takes these clowns seriously, except the few protesters' faces the media just loves to print? And it's not like the media doesn't have proven track record of artificially hyping the slightest hint of drama so as to sell more ads.

Come on.

Why are we talking about what a bunch of fraudsters are doing in this thread? How is it remotely relevant? And who really gives two craps? None of the blacks I know do.

Honestly, Grapeshot, I am a little surprised by your jumping on the bandwagon.

09jisaac

Why are we talking about what a bunch of fraudsters are doing in this thread? How is it remotely relevant? And who really gives two craps? None of the blacks I know do.

100% sure this thread is entitled something to the point of "Family of Florida boy killed by Neighborhood Watch seeks arrest". It seems particularly fitting to discuss the incident causing this outcry, the media hype fueled by the situation and the reaction of a large group of people from both the outcry and media hype.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
100% sure this thread is entitled something to the point of "Family of Florida boy killed by Neighborhood Watch seeks arrest". It seems particularly fitting to discuss the incident causing this outcry, the media hype fueled by the situation and the reaction of a large group of people from both the outcry and media hype.

Whatever. I think I'm going to have to take my yearly hiatus from OCDO. This is ridiculous, and frankly I have better things to do than listen to a bunch of white guys whine about racism and Al Sharpton.

Pretty sure this isn't Stormfront, guys, but I guess I was mistaken there.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Et tu, Grapeshot?

I mean, come on. Read the darn article.

--snip--

You shoot the messenger?

I am not stirring the race pot. I beg for patience and justice.

Do think it is very relevant in that this man made the offer of a sizable amount for the "capture" (threat?) of another man not charged with a crime. Would I in similar circumstance feel targeted for reprisal, likely so.

To me this is not a race issue - it is an integrity issue.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Whatever. I think I'm going to have to take my yearly hiatus from OCDO. This is ridiculous, and frankly I have better things to do than listen to a bunch of [strike]white[/strike] guys whine about racism and Al Sharpton.

Me thinks the pot is calling the kettle a similar hue. You do what you accuse others of doing, but you will note I fixed that :p

jbone

I think I'm going to have to take my yearly hiatus from OCDO.

Don’t tease us!

...I have better things to do than listen to a bunch of white guys whine...

Well this would have the appearance of summing up marshaul, and fully explains his leftist style attack. All further attacks can now be taken with a grain of salt, and wrote off as babbling.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Me thinks the pot is calling the kettle a similar hue. You do what you accuse others of doing, but you will note I fixed that :p

You're right, of course. All the same, sometimes hypocrisy needs to be pointed out, even if it is hard to do so without being hypocritical oneself.

With that said, I accept that I may have misconstrued your intent. Your post was actually pertinent to Zimmerman's future, as opposed to being an endless tirade of generalized neo-racist rambling. For that I apologize.

Don’t tease us!

Don't worry. A longtime poster I respect made a personal appeal to not take a hiatus right now. I appreciate the vote of confidence, and to this poster I am grateful. I will be sticking around, doubtless to your continued chagrin.

Well this would have the appearance of summing up marshaul, and fully explains his leftist style attack. All further attacks can now be taken with a grain of salt, and wrote off as babbling.

When all else fails, call someone a "leftist".

Being that a significant portion of my "career" here on OCDO has been spent arguing against such baseless, partisan-inspired insipidity, I'm quite confident that those posters with whom I share mutual respect will see this for what it is.

Last edited:

wrightme

Whatever. I think I'm going to have to take my yearly hiatus from OCDO. This is ridiculous, and frankly I have better things to do than listen to a bunch of white guys whine about racism and Al Sharpton.

You do know, of course, is that all it takes is to simply not read posts in threads that either do not hold your interest, or which have content which you do not like [to read].