• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Family of Florida boy killed by Neighborhood Watch seeks arrest

OC for ME

There's nothing to suggest that Trayvon was suspicious and yet that's how Zimmerman described him. Oh yeah it was dark and rainy, Zimmerman didn't recognize Trayvon, Trayvon had on a hoodie and he stumbled when he walked. Yeah that's suspicious.
It is likely that cops would use these 'facts' along with their experience patrolling their 'beat' to initiate a 'consensual contact' to investigate whether or not a crime had been, is being, or will be committed. The difference here is that Zimmerman is not a cop. Yeah, to a cop, those observable 'facts' could/would be suspicious.

Interesting.

Superlite27

Send Mr. Zimmerman a postcard with that message.

I believe he could benefit from it.

As a side note (hopefully not off topic), news reports of police communications seem to indicate Mr. Zimmerman received injuries such as a bloody nose and lacerations to the back of his head, but REFUSED MEDICAL TREATMENT!

I don't know about you, but If I'm ever violently assaulted and receive injuries, documented evidence of this might prove beneficial, you think? After all, when one claims to have acted in self defense, EVIDENCE OF ITS REQUIREMENT might come in handy at some point, right?

What would posess anyone to refuse medical treatment? Why would you take possible evidence that your actions were, indeed, justified......and throw it away?

If Mr. Zimmerman were to receive a postcard offering advice, make sure to include the suggestion to NOT turn away possible evidence exhonerating his actions.

Last edited:

MamabearCali

Quite a few of those posting here seem to think that Zimmerman should have just moved along and minded his own business. It also appears that many think that getting out of a car to get a better look at someone suspicious is enough to give that person an excuse to beat someone up. I don't know (don't have enough facts) to determine Zimmerman's guilt or innocence, but I really disagree with both of those mindsets.

Perhaps you guys live as islands unto yourselves armed to the teeth and able to take care of yourselves no matter what may come your way. I am a woman and a mom of four little ones (6and under) my husbands job often leaves me at home with just the kids and I late at night. I am armed at all times, but even that is no guarantee of safety. If one of my neighbors sees a 6 foot 3 inch man that they don't know looking around my yard/car/house and acting suspiciously I would appreciate them keeping an eye on him for me. We really don't know what Mr. Martin was doing that night, the media has said "poor innocent baby he went out for skittles and an iced tea and was doing nothing more than walking home". We don't know that to be true. We do know that he has been found in possession of burglary tools before, and other peoples possessions before. Perhaps he was doing more than just walking home. My neighbors try to look after each other. From the information we have right now that is what zimmerman seemed to be doing. So when you say "mind your own business" keep in mind ther are others who would appreciate an extra eye out for them.

Following someone to observe them is not illegal. Nor is it enough of a provocation to warrant lethal force (bashing someone's head in the ground is lethal force). A person asking you what you are doing is not enough of a provocation to warrant lethal force either. It is not a reasonable response to beat someone up because they asked you a question. Either answer the question or tell them to go away, either response is acceptable.

I cannot say for certain what happened that night. I don't know. What evidence I have seen leads me to believe that Mr. Martin attacked Mr. Zimmerman with lethal force. Mr. Zimmerman after calling for help when he thought he was going to die returned with lethal force. Tragic situation to be sure, but as it stands now, not criminal on Zimmerman's part.

jbone

I’m confident the truth will show Justifiable Homicide on Zimmerman’s part. What happened before Martin’s death were legal actions by Zimmerman. The facts right now, however hard for some to bare show the only illegal action, and as witnesses tell, is Martin brutally assaulting Zimmerman.

To make radical issue of nothing, to abuse, fornicate, make mockery of the Criminal Justice System, and make racial issue of a White person’s self-defense against a Black aggressor for profit and political advancement is... well, it’s beyond words.

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Not to be confused with "Self-Comportment": It was a long time ago late 70's early 80's? but what I recall is an Officer shot and killed a member of a local biker club (Kalamazoo Outriders). During the course of vehicle stop the person made a run for it, trapping the Officer either in the window or door (forget which), the Officer being dragged down the road was able to pull his gun, and shoot and kill his assailant.

A also remember lots so of claims, emotion, and spin, and tension. Some folks in the community will never be happy with the truth, as seen from racist social agitators like Sharpton. Like the investigative outcome in the story I mentioned, I’m confident the truth will show Justifiable Homicide on Zimmerman’s part. What happened before Martin’s death were legal actions, just as the Officer making the traffic stop. The facts right now, however hard for some to bare show the only illegal action, and as witnesses tell, is Martin brutally assaulting Zimmerman.

To make issue of nothing, abuse, fornicate, make mockery of the Criminal Justice System, and make racial issue of a White person’s self-defense against a Black aggressor for profit, and political advancement is... well, it’s beyond words.

Huh? What? I was talking about the Culpepper incident. Everyone was white, btw.

Steeler-gal

ccwinstructor

Centurion
No blood. but he was already treated. I did not see bandages.

Zimmerman looks pretty good for someone who was defending himself. Where's the blood?

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/trayvon-ma...orge-zimmerman/story?id=16022897#.T3PekOxSQ4a

I did not see bandages, looked like there might be a wound to the back of the head, but I could not be sure.

If he is 5'9, he is clearly not 250 pounds. More like 200 pounds, but much fitter than the earlier pics. Hopefully someone took pics at the scene.

09jisaac

Zimmerman looks pretty good for someone who was defending himself. Where's the blood?

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/trayvon-ma...orge-zimmerman/story?id=16022897#.T3PekOxSQ4a

The law usually states that you can use enough force to stop the threat and deadly physical force is justifiable when a reasonable person would fear for his/her life or limb.

If a man was sitting on me beating me I would, as a reasonable person, fear that I could be hurt very badly. Especially if he had my head, beating it against the sidewalk. Whether I sustained any injuries is irrelevant, only evidence in favor of self defense.

wrightme

Before he was taken to the police station, paramedics treated him at the scene.

And, at about 1 minute in the video, there is about 2 seconds where the banner isn't blocking the back of his head, and it does look like a possible would to the upper right rear of his head.

The video simply isn't clear enough to tell, and the stupid 'exclusive' banner hides his head for most of the time, making it impossible to even tell WHAT might be seen.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Is the media manipulating public sentiment by using an apparently younger, fresh and innocent image of the young man?

abc_gma_abrams_120327_wl.jpg

Picture that media is showing of Trayvon - much younger

abc_wn_trayvon_120326_wl.jpg

Recent picture of Trayvon is very different

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/trayvon-ma...orge-zimmerman/story?id=16022897#.T3PoUtk6KSr

Understand that picture/image does not imply guilt or innocence.

jbone

Last edited:

Jack House

That's what Grapeshot is getting at, that the media is deliberately using older photos to invoke emotions.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Jack House

Can we get a youtube link to the video of Zimmerman? My
Phone was stolen (it's how I connected to the internet), now I'm using a phone that lacks the ability to tether.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Steeler-gal

Can we get a youtube link to the video of Zimmerman? My
Phone was stolen (it's how I connected to the internet), now I'm using a phone that lacks the ability to tether.

Don't know if it's been uploaded to you tube.

==========================================
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Looking for training by experienced staff?
We are the largest all female only firearms group on the East Coast offering firearms training courses and services provided by our experienced and certified female instructors.
http://www.shecanshoot.com/

Last edited: