• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Congressmen Urge the UN to Trample the US Constitution

FallonJeeper

The Supreme court ruled, in 1957, that the US Constitution supersedes International Treaties ratified by the US Senate.

Sorry, there is no way around the 2nd amendment. If there was, don't you think it would have been exploited by now?

Dreamer

The Supreme court ruled, in 1957, that the US Constitution supersedes International Treaties ratified by the US Senate.

Sorry, there is no way around the 2nd amendment. If there was, don't you think it would have been exploited by now?

Try seeing how far that argument will get you in Maryland, Illinois, California, New Jersey, Washington DC or NYC...

Jack House

It still surprises me to an extent that many people honestly believe, or blindly hope, that the government, be it fed or state, can not and will not do anything to completely trample our rights. Even in the face of our rights being trampled everyday.

Besides the examples given by Dreamer above, New Orleans immediately comes to mind.

scott58dh

Arizona author Edward Abbey
"If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government --and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws."

scott58dh

Arizona author Edward Abbey
"If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government --and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws."

FallonJeeper

Try seeing how far that argument will get you in Maryland, Illinois, California, New Jersey, Washington DC or NYC...

Nobody said anything about the stupidity that exists, and is allowed in a few states and cities. I'm sticking by what I said and only what I said. It's not an argument it's a fact on an international treaties level.

People in those unfortunate cities and states are fighting that fight. Battles are being fought and won.