• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

chicken ****

sharkey

So ...... I wouldn't have purchased anything from him unless I knew for a fact there was some real discipline to the employee. Hell, I'd probably match childish behavior and demand a handwritten apology letter.

Tried to stay on topic ..... can't resist urge.

Thats just it! Pot is illegal, unless you get some crack pot wacko Doctor who gives you the right with a stroke of a pen to use the ILLEGAL DRUG legally. I do not want anyone who has marijuana in their system to be carrying a loaded gun, weather they used the drug legally or not!

Because all of those people on the legal drugs with side effects worse than the disease are so much saner. I've seen people in their 50's on literally 15 + prescriptions. You think you can account for all the cross reactions? Society as a whole is over medicated.

I enjoy the occasional beer. I don't want to hear some teetotaler condemn me as a person because I use alcohol. It's the exact same thing. Such close minded prejudice.

Do tell 420, what is your affliction? Is it a genuine medical condition like cancer or glaucoma, or is "nervousness" or "irritable bowel" like everyone else?

Why would you even think that's any of your business?

Hef

Oh PLEASE! The vast majority of medical marijuana "patients" are simply stoners looking for a legal way to get high. My SIL used to work for one of their dispensaries. She told me that the owners didn't have any medical condition that warranted using MJ, and they still had their cards by golly! They even tried to get my SIL to get her card, saying that they had doctors who would sign off on getting her a card even though she had no medical condition whatsoever. She also told me the majority of "patients" who came to them didn't have any medical condition that would warrant a prescription.

When I worked for the state Senior & Disabled Services Division, I had several clients who had a MJ card as well. NONE of them had medical conditions that warranted a card. They were all just stoners looking for a free high.

Call it what you want, but the whole "medical marijuana" thing is complete and total B.S., and if only the people who genuinely NEEDED a prescription to help with a valid medical condition did it, you wouldn't see an entire industry in this state built around grow operations.

What do you care? It doesn't hurt you, does it? They're following the law, as ridiculous as the law is, and what they're doing is safer for society than alcohol. Live and let live. They like to smoke pot, snack, and take naps. We carry guns, talk about guns, shoot guns, tinker with guns, and buy/sell guns.

Hef

I did not know that this forum had so many pot loving/smoking people on it. I Have never done any drugs and never will! if there are so many people on this forum that are drug loving pot smokers then I dont think this is something I want to be a part of! DRUGS AND GUNS DO NOT MIX!!!!!

I don't think anyone here is advocating for handling firearms under the influence of drugs or alcohol. I think we mostly agree that to do so is irresponsible. Lighten up, Francis.

01rednavigator

I don't think anyone here is advocating for handling firearms under the influence of drugs or alcohol. I think we mostly agree that to do so is irresponsible. Lighten up, Francis.

That was real mature. nny420 and anyone like him should not be handling/open carrying a gun at anytime until he gets off of his so called medicine! He is giving other open carriers a bad name by open carrying a firearm while under the influence of pot and going around with a open carried firearm smelling like poy, It sounds like an accident waiting to hapen to me. Also it is bulls**t that you are allowed to have a growers card and be allowed to have a chl!

VW_Factor

Also it is bulls**t that you are allowed to have a growers card and be allowed to have a chl!

In case you don't understand the difference in having a piece of plastic/paper with writing on it, and actually possessing a firearm, I pity you.

There is a difference.

MyWifeSaidYes

My state (Ohio) allows CC and OC in bars and restaurants, IF you have a concealed license. However, you cannot have ANY alcohol in your system if you are carrying.

What are your state laws regarding carrying firearms while using state-legal marijuana?

Glock32

I think some here have been watching Reefer Madness............Obviously they don't know what they are talking about.:eek:

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
He is giving other open carriers a bad name by open carrying a firearm while under the influence of pot and going around with a open carried firearm smelling like poy, It sounds like an accident waiting to hapen to me.

Maybe I missed it, but where did anybody say anything about carrying a firearm while under the influence? I eagerly await your reply.

Steeler-gal

Do tell 420, what is your affliction? Is it a genuine medical condition like cancer or glaucoma, or is "nervousness" or "irritable bowel" like everyone else?

What business is it of yours or our? If he has a script that's all he needs. If he doesn't have to tell us his affliction. Its none of our business why he owns or carries so why do we need to know why he's got a script for MMJ? If it was legal here I'd say whatever it took to get me a script. :)

==========================================
NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
Teaching classes in Lorton VA & Springfield VA
PM me if you need a class, RSO or safety briefing

Ironbar

IMO, the vast majority of people with a medical marijuana card only have it because they're potheads who refused to grow the hell up in life, NOT because they have a legit medical condition.

MKEgal

nny420 said:
I went to a local store i go to regularly. The owner supports my right to open carry and has even helped explain to customers its legal in oregon.
I will try one more time with his employee, open carrying, if he askes me to leave so be it he had just better be polite.
I'm surprised the employee is still an employee. And if he wants to keep his job he'd better not tell you to leave again. (At least, if it were my business, that's how I'd see it.)

Ironbar said:
what is your affliction? Is it a genuine medical condition like cancer or glaucoma, or is "nervousness" or "irritable bowel" like everyone else?
While 'nervousness' isn't a real condition, irritable bowel is. (And there are anxiety disorders that might benefit from THC.)
Here's IBS info from the Mayo Clinic, National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse, & the NIH National Library of Medicine. You could also try Wikipedia.
[That's called citing to authority... see the forum rules.]

VW_Factor said:
I simply respect that other people can make their choices that affect themselves alone.
I don't think anyone here would argue the point that it's a good idea to carry while under the influence of most anything that is mood altering.
What he said. But "bad idea" /= "illegal".
And "mood-altering" doesn't necessarily = "bad". SSRIs & MAOIs are mood-altering, but in a good way. Better to be on those while carrying/possessing than not to be on them.

01rednavigator said:
He is giving other open carriers a bad name by open carrying a firearm while under the influence of pot
And we're giving "responsible gun owners" a bad name by open carrying, period.
Someone from IL or DC can look at one of the Constitutional Carry states & say they're breaking the law & being irresponsible, unsafe, etc.

If he's not breaking the law where he is, and he's not harming anyone (or highly likely to cause harm, as in DUI), why do you have a problem with him running his life as he sees fit? If he harms someone (e.g. ND, wrongful death) then he should be charged for that crime, not preemptively stopped from doing something which the vast majority of the time doesn't affect anyone but him.

I don't like that people smoke. I think it's disgusting, generally the people reek, etc. But unless they're smoking upwind of me, or they're on my property, I have no say in what they do.
Sort of like how people who refuse to protect themselves could be considered a drain on society, but it's their choice not to defend their own lives.

The difference I see between DUI & carrying under the influence is that people generally go to a restaurant or bar intending to drive home. They plan to use their car.
I hope I never have to even point my pistol at another human being, just like I hope never to see the airbags in my car.

Ironbar said:
IMO, the vast majority of people with a medical marijuana card only have it because they're potheads who refused to grow the hell up in life, NOT because they have a legit medical condition.
You're welcome to your opinion. But you know what they say about opinions...
How about backing up your assertion with facts, research, maybe even just news articles (not really factual or researched, but it's a place to start)?

Last edited:

01rednavigator

Thank you Ironbar, atleast you get it. I feel the same way, people with a medical marijuana card only are just looking for a legal way to get high!!!!

PistolPackingMomma

Thank you Ironbar, atleast you get it. I feel the same way, people with a medical marijuana card only are just looking for a legal way to get high!!!!

So? People can legally get drunk. What's the difference?

Your issue seems to be that because the GOVERNMENT has said it is bad, that it IS actually bad. Do you feel that drugs are immoral, harmful to ones body or otherwise dangerous, or do you just not like what is deemed "illegal" by guys in fancy suits and expensive pens?

I don't do illicit drugs; never have, never will. I don't even take aspirin anymore. But just because I don't like drugs, doesn't make them automatically evil. If that were the case, the same logic could be applied to guns, spandex on fat people, and crappy pop music. Welcome to liberty, sugar.

Hef

That was real mature. nny420 and anyone like him should not be handling/open carrying a gun at anytime until he gets off of his so called medicine! He is giving other open carriers a bad name by open carrying a firearm while under the influence of pot and going around with a open carried firearm smelling like poy, It sounds like an accident waiting to hapen to me. Also it is bulls**t that you are allowed to have a growers card and be allowed to have a chl!

You're entitled to have your own opinion. I see no difference between a pot smoker who carries a firearm (when sober) and a beer drinker who carries a firearm (when sober), other than the fact that pot is illegal for recreational use under federal law. I also think you're wound a little too tight and have a very narrowminded point of view.

Fallschirjmäger

People smoke pot to get high....

... as opposed to those who ingest caffeine for a little rush
... or imbibe poisonous alcohol to 'take the edge off'
... or inhale cancerous tobacco to 'relax'

I'd have to do a little investigating, but I suspect THC is less addicting and/or dangerous than the other three.
I still can't stand the smell of it though.

Ironbar

So? People can legally get drunk. What's the difference?

There isn't any difference as to effect. There IS difference as to intent. And yes, you bet your arse that there are PLENTY of people who refused to grow up in life by imbibing too much liquor as well.

Your issue seems to be that because the GOVERNMENT has said it is bad, that it IS actually bad. Do you feel that drugs are immoral, harmful to ones body or otherwise dangerous, or do you just not like what is deemed "illegal" by guys in fancy suits and expensive pens?

My issue is absolutely NOT related to any government law, ordinance, or edict. I have eyes, ears, and a brain to reason with (unlike some on this forum), and I can see how potheads live and act. I have former friends who never grew out of the high school/college pothead phase that are still floundering around like fuart in the wind because smoking weed was more important than living a productive life.

I don't do illicit drugs; never have, never will. I don't even take aspirin anymore. But just because I don't like drugs, doesn't make them automatically evil. If that were the case, the same logic could be applied to guns, spandex on fat people, and crappy pop music. Welcome to liberty, sugar.

Ohhhh, don't preach to me about liberty fish farm. If someone wants to blaze up, go right ahead. Not once have I ever called pot evil, nor have I toe'd the government line about pot being illegal. Everything I've said is personal opinion, and opinion only. That opinion is STILL that the majority of people with MJ cards do it solely to get high, and not because they have a legit medical condition that warrants it.

That is all.

sharkey

I think some here have been watching Reefer Madness............Obviously they don't know what they are talking about.:eek:

I was looking for that 30's anti-marijuana song and couldn't find it but this had me LOLing

[video=youtube;13FiOQXNFHg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13FiOQXNFHg[/video]

We-the-People

Thats just it! Pot is illegal, unless you get some crack pot wacko Doctor who gives you the right with a stroke of a pen to use the ILLEGAL DRUG legally.

Ummmm isn't that exactly how all prescription medications are dispensed in this country? The medicine is an ILLEGAL DRUG that you can legally have and use IF AND ONLY IF you get a "crackpot doctor" to give you the right by stroking his pen on the script?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

hermannr

You two are about as immature and closed minded as any I have seen,,,,why don't you go to work for the ATF...they have the same closed mindedness you have.

BTW: MJ does have many legitimate uses, treating many illnesses, not just the ones commonly heard about. So, it can get you "high" so what? even if that is the primary purpose for using it, so what? You want to bring prohibition back? Well you already have it, it's called the "war on drugs"...only difference is that the states did not ratify it.

Grow up and learn something about personal freedom and personal responsibility. If you don't, something you like (like maybe firearms) might be taken away from you.

Last edited:

PistolPackingMomma

There isn't any difference as to effect. There IS difference as to intent. And yes, you bet your arse that there are PLENTY of people who refused to grow up in life by imbibing too much liquor as well.

Sugar, there are folks who don't abuse any substance that also refuse to grow up. Do we blame recreational activities (drugs, alcohol, Xbox, etc) or the person?

My issue is absolutely NOT related to any government law, ordinance, or edict. I have eyes, ears, and a brain to reason with (unlike some on this forum), and I can see how potheads live and act. I have former friends who never grew out of the high school/college pothead phase that are still floundering around like fuart in the wind because smoking weed was more important than living a productive life.

I don't care for the life style of drug users, but I've had co-workers and friends who were drug users AND highly functional societal contributors. I've also known folks on the other extreme. Your lumping everyone into one group sounds much like the mantra of the antis against gun owners.

Ohhhh, don't preach to me about liberty fish farm. If someone wants to blaze up, go right ahead. Not once have I ever called pot evil, nor have I toe'd the government line about pot being illegal. Everything I've said is personal opinion, and opinion only. That opinion is STILL that the majority of people with MJ cards do it solely to get high, and not because they have a legit medical condition that warrants it.[/B]

That is all.

And what's your point? If pot weren't illegal, they wouldn't need get the medical cards. People are prescribed antidepressants, painkillers and everything else without "legitimate medical conditions." People abuse "regular" drugs every day, and some of them are less functional that pot smokers. I don't advocate for either, but I also don't think attacking someone for their choices with your "opinions" is justifiable.