• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

chicken ****

01rednavigator

you two are about as immature and closed minded as any i have seen,,,,why don't you go to work for the atf...they have the same closed mindedness you have.

Btw: Mj does have many legitimate uses, treating many illnesses, not just the ones commonly heard about. So, it can get you "high" so what? Even if that is the primary purpose for using it, so what? You want to bring prohibition back? Well you already have it, it's called the "war on drugs"...only difference is that the states did not ratify it.

Grow up and learn something about personal freedom and personal responsibility. If you don't, something you like (like maybe firearms) might be taken away from you.

hippy

nny420

hmmm

I just was called a chicken **** for open carrying.

I went to a local store i go to regularly. The owner supports my right to open carry and has even helped explain to customers its legal in oregon. Today when i went in to price $400 dollars of stuff,

I left out info like this because it wasnt relevant to the conversation. I wast going to buy drugs there nor are they even sold there. Everyone has a right to his or her opinion. In fact im very against pharmaceuticals and their mostly ignorant , not to mention negligent use. I just knocked out my right front tooth andpart of my other front tooth the doc perscribed me another illegal drug this time norco. I took one yesterday after dinner... happened yesterday at 2 pm. Full sheet of plywood ... and thats it other than that ive not had any narcotis and only my herbal rmedicin. Trying to relax cant hardly eat

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...He is giving other open carriers a bad name by open carrying a firearm while under the influence of pot and going around with a open carried firearm smelling like poy, It sounds like an accident waiting to hapen to me....

Did I miss the part where there was handling of firearms under the influence? Can you quote it for me so I don't miss it again, please?

You do give the exact same imputive advice when you hear that a firearms carrier has a prescription for sleeping pills or cough medicine, right?

And you get right back on the same high horse when you see a firearms carrier at the grocery story with a six-pack of suds in his cart, right?

01rednavigator

Did I miss the part where there was handling of firearms under the influence? Can you quote it for me so I don't miss it again, please?

You do give the exact same imputive advice when you hear that a firearms carrier has a prescription for sleeping pills or cough medicine, right?

And you get right back on the same high horse when you see a firearms carrier at the grocery story with a six-pack of suds in his cart, right?

Im sure everytime he leaves his house he straps his gun on so my guess would be that he smokes himself a couple of joints then goes to the store to buy hot pockets, microwave burritos and a few bags of doritos to satisfy his munchies fix.

Last edited:

SFCRetired

1. I've known several cancer patients undergoing chemo who smoked mj as they said it was the only thing that controlled the nausea. Legitimate use? I don't know. I do know it's illegal in this state, but they claimed that their doctor recommended they find someone to buy it from. I also know the ones who smoked it didn't suffer nearly the weight loss the non-smokers did.

2. I don't have a cite for this, but it is my understanding that one of the reasons mj was made illegal was because it was so much more difficult to tax than either alcohol or tobacco. Several different sources cite an element of racism as a contributing factor.

3. You folks do know that early on in our country's history, mj was a legitimate cash crop? You do know that hemp is a variety of cannabis sativa, don't you? Although it is low in tetrahydrocannibinol, it is still illegal to grow in this country. Oh, by the way, one of the major growers of hemp back in history; George Washington. In fact, historical records indicate that growing hemp was, at one time, mandated as a critical naval store (rope).

4. I fully agree that neither drugs nor alcohol mix with the carrying of a firearm. Without touching on any other aspect, just let me say that a prosecutor would have a field day if he/she could prove you had either in your system when you were involved in a defensive shooting.

twoskinsonemanns

Heh heh. It's alway funny in reading these type of discussions when someone really reveals the type of person they are...
You've been snow-balled by big government propoganda. Listen carefully Johnny.... If you ever try pot your taliwhacker will fall off and you'll go on a rampage killing everyone in sight..:D
The war on drugs is nothing more than a war on freedom.... a justification for bigger government and police.

Should people who never "grew up" to your standard of social responcibility not be allowed to defend themselves?

hermannr

Wow, first time I have ever been called a hippy...You would never recognize me then would you? Short haired, clean shaven, ex military, retired businessman with an MBA...not what most would call a hippy...that is a first. I am a Ron Paul Republican tho

BTW: I do not consider being called a hippy derogitory...lots of hippy's understand freedom better than some "mainstream" people and personal freedom is a priority with me.

Ironbar

You two are about as immature and closed minded as any I have seen,,,,why don't you go to work for the ATF...they have the same closed mindedness you have.

BTW: MJ does have many legitimate uses, treating many illnesses, not just the ones commonly heard about. So, it can get you "high" so what? even if that is the primary purpose for using it, so what? You want to bring prohibition back? Well you already have it, it's called the "war on drugs"...only difference is that the states did not ratify it.

Grow up and learn something about personal freedom and personal responsibility. If you don't, something you like (like maybe firearms) might be taken away from you.

No sir, I am NOT close-minded. I'm simply not so open-minded that my brains fell out.

You too must have missed the part where I was expressing personal opinion and nothing else.

And you sir need to grow up and learn not only to read, but to COMPREHEND THE MEANING OF WHAT YOU HAVE READ.

Last edited:

PistolPackingMomma

You should have just stopped right there because you obviously can't get it through your thick head that I'm expressing personal opinion, and have not "attacked" anyone.

A quick perusal through your history of comments says otherwise...lay off the 'roids, sugar.

You remind me of a guy who once screamed "I'M NOT ANGRY, DAMMIT!!!" :rolleyes:

twoskinsonemanns

It is usually pretty obvious that the group yelling names (hippie!) and insults (learn to read!) is the one with no reasoning to stand on just deeply ingrained beliefs force fed to them by parents/authority figure.

Ironbar

It is usually pretty obvious that the group yelling names (hippie!) and insults (learn to read!) is the one with no reasoning to stand on just deeply ingrained beliefs force fed to them by parents/authority figure.

LOL! You need to work on your reading and comprehension as well I see! LMAO!

twoskinsonemanns

yes yes.... you've made your point clear..

images

jolly__roger

When I first started reading the OPs post I was upset by reading what had happened to him at the store he was trying to have an exchange of commerce in but as I read on I became even more upset by the treatment of supposed "combatants" for liberty. It all started to fall apart with these:

Ohhh, so they're one of THOSE stores. Figures.
Bingo. It's a hydroponics store for potheads.

In this next reply it sounds like you and your 'SIL' must have inside (private and confidential doctor/patient) knowledge as to why the patents have the prescription for the medicine from the dispensary. You do realize there are laws protecting patents privacy. I would like to know through what factual data have you come to the conclusion (your opinion) that the majority of medical marijuana patents are simply stoners looking for a legal way to get high. Is it because of your 'SIL's explanation that her employers weren't honest people and you assume that all other dispensary owners are also not honest? Or is it your 'SILs' explanation of one dishonest doctor so your assumption that all doctors are dishonest.

Oh PLEASE! The vast majority of medical marijuana "patients" are simply stoners looking for a legal way to get high. My SIL used to work for one of their dispensaries. She told me that the owners didn't have any medical condition that warranted using MJ, and they still had their cards by golly! They even tried to get my SIL to get her card, saying that they had doctors who would sign off on getting her a card even though she had no medical condition whatsoever. She also told me the majority of "patients" who came to them didn't have any medical condition that would warrant a prescription.

Again, are you privy to peoples medical records to see what their doctors have determined were legitimate reasons to prescribe medical marijuana?
When I worked for the state Senior & Disabled Services Division, I had several clients who had a MJ card as well. NONE of them had medical conditions that warranted a card. They were all just stoners looking for a free high.

Call it what you want, but the whole "medical marijuana" thing is complete and total B.S., and if only the people who genuinely NEEDED a prescription to help with a valid medical condition did it, you wouldn't see an entire industry in this state built around grow operations.

Where in the world do you get off thinking anyone should tell you this information, it is private and no one should have to tell you. And as a side note, I hope you aren't afflicted with your so called non-genuine "irritable bowel" syndrome and the only relief you can find is through the use of medical marijuana. I know people who suffer (Yes, horribly suffer) from IBS and they spent years taking big corp pharmaceutical prescription medications that had serious side effects or didn't work at all. The only comfort they find is through ingesting Cannabinoid Oils mixed in with rice.

Do tell 420, what is your affliction? Is it a genuine medical condition like cancer or glaucoma, or is "nervousness" or "irritable bowel" like everyone else?

Are you serious here? hermannr's comment was about our liberty and rights are not to be infringed upon and you turn it back into a "stoner" comment. You are so quick to judge people simply based upon a few words they have written out rather than taking the time to get to know them. You are extremely simple and closed minded. (hope you notice the ironic sarcasm there...(thought I'd better spell it out for you just in case))

Spoken like someone who was high when they wrote it.

Ooooh, we can't forget Mr. "01rednavigator" Since when did a right have to be granted with a pen? It is a right that everyone can consume, in anyway they wish, the plants called cannabis. It is our right to consume anything we want because there isn't any such limitations in the constitution or our bill of rights. This all began when a few men and women decided that certain things in this country do not fit their agenda so they have pushed and prodded until they were deemed illegal.

Do you realize that the number of deaths by prescription pain killers has far surpassed deaths caused by cocaine and heroin combined? Also take a look at this:"The amount of painkillers made available at pharmacies, hospitals and doctors' offices quadrupled from 1999 to 2010, contributing to the overdose death rate that more than tripled over the decade." Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/11/01/us-usa-painkillers-overdose-idUSTRE7A06I120111101

I don't see you complaining about people who abuse big corp pharmaceuticals, only your judgement on people that are exercising their rights and liberties that are supposed to be protected. I would like for you to find for me any kind of statistic that tells the number of overdose deaths there have been from doctors prescribing medical marijuana to patients....

Thats just it! Pot is illegal, unless you get some crack pot wacko Doctor who gives you the right with a stroke of a pen to use the ILLEGAL DRUG legally. I do not want anyone who has marijuana in their system to be carrying a loaded gun, weather they used the drug legally or not!

Hmmm.... if this isn't an attack on someone's ability to comprehend something, I don't know what is.
You should have just stopped right there because you obviously can't get it through your thick head that I'm expressing personal opinion, and have not "attacked" anyone.

And we're back with Mr. 01rednavigator; What about people that take prescription drugs that have mind altering effects? Do they give open carriers a bad name? I don't know this for a fact but I bet there are millions of people actively taking mind altering big corp prescription every day that OC and CC without any incident. By your logic, all chl holders that take mind altering prescription drugs from big corps should have their chl revoked. You should really think about what you're 'writing' before you post........
That was real mature. nny420 and anyone like him should not be handling/open carrying a gun at anytime until he gets off of his so called medicine! He is giving other open carriers a bad name by open carrying a firearm while under the influence of pot and going around with a open carried firearm smelling like poy, It sounds like an accident waiting to hapen to me. Also it is bulls**t that you are allowed to have a growers card and be allowed to have a chl!

I won't deny that you are entitled to your opinion but do you have any factual data to back up your so called opinion that you're preaching to all of us? The majority of what you have cited is hearsay and only a few personal examples. That doesn't seem like very stable grounds to base such a strong opinion on. Maybe you should take some time and get to know the people in your area that run dispensaries and get to know patients in your area whom are (in your professional opinion as a MD(yes, sarcasm again)) genuinely worthy to receive a prescription for medical marijuana.
IMO, the vast majority of people with a medical marijuana card only have it because they're potheads who refused to grow the hell up in life, NOT because they have a legit medical condition.

Man, there is so much garbage in this next post that I struggled on where to begin...

Isn't it peoples right to "refuse to grow up in life" if they so chose? Have you been granted special powers to police others lives and determine what a 'grown up' should be doing with their life? Please define what a 'grown up' is.
There isn't any difference as to effect. There IS difference as to intent. And yes, you bet your arse that there are PLENTY of people who refused to grow up in life by imbibing too much liquor as well.

It's really difficult for me to believe that you do have eyes, ears and a brain based upon what I have read here but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, at least for now. I know a lot of extremely functional and productive 'stoner's' that you would never guess in a million years that they do partake in the consumption of marijuana. From your description, you are basing so much of your prejudice on what appears to be a very minor cross section of the population that consumes marijuana. I think you should get out and expand your horizons a little. Take a trip to Vancouver, BC and see how a significant portion of a population can partake yet still be productive and along with that, have less crime and a lot more laid back way of life. And let me clarify something, I do not partake in the consumption of marijuana just in case you were going to try to call me a stoner or pot head...

My issue is absolutely NOT related to any government law, ordinance, or edict. I have eyes, ears, and a brain to reason with (unlike some on this forum), and I can see how potheads live and act. I have former friends who never grew out of the high school/college pothead phase that are still floundering around like fuart in the wind because smoking weed was more important than living a productive life.

Doesn't it bother you that our forefathers used to cultivate and yes, consume marijuana yet this right has been taken away from us? This entire forum's purpose is about our rights and liberties so having someone 'preach' the 'liberty fish farm' is exactly what we should be doing. Casting judgement on someone else's lifestyle and life choices does not seem like a very productive concept when you're on a forum that is trying to promote your lifestyle and life choice to bear arms in an open fashion. You are being extremely hypocritical here of someone else's right. We are loosing our rights and liberties day by day and we have to fight to protect every single one of them, even if you do not agree with them because someday a right that you care about, will also be taken away.

Ohhhh, don't preach to me about liberty fish farm. If someone wants to blaze up, go right ahead. Not once have I ever called pot evil, nor have I toe'd the government line about pot being illegal. Everything I've said is personal opinion, and opinion only. That opinion is STILL that the majority of people with MJ cards do it solely to get high, and not because they have a legit medical condition that warrants it.

Last edited:

jolly__roger

I forgot to include one thought:

Since there has been such a major increase of deaths due to big corp prescription pain killers, wouldn't you think it would be a better alternative if people did turn to medical marijuana for their pain management needs rather than big corp drugs? If you had a loved one that enjoyed getting 'high' and you weren't able to convince them to stop, which of the two would you be less fearful of; big corp prescription pain drugs or medical marijuana that does not have a single documented OD death?

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

But then you would have to find some other federal use for the $2bil wasted by the DEA.
Also the ten thousand DEA employees would have to get a job supporting our country instead of draining it...:eek:

nny420

jobs

But then you would have to find some other federal use for the $2bil wasted by the DEA.
Also the ten thousand DEA employees would have to get a job supporting our country instead of draining it...:eek:

How would they do it. Cut the dea to 1/4 strength and increase availability of drug treatment and education to those who want it... cause we have to be honest some people addicted to drugs will not want to stop so as long as they dont harm others or property we leave em be. Other than that the 3/4 of dea who didnt migrate to treatmen/educational will need to get a real job... wow that many people going into the work force could really help accelerate this country with new inventions,small buisness and more small farms.

As for the dislike from some towards marijuana users and growers. These businesses who cater to growers pay taxes correct. The people who are following current law pay taxes in the form of fees. In states where dispensaries are legal (not in oregon, currently illegal to buy or sell) they pay taxes and are a productive part of a community. Other than that, ther are a number of compassionate growers in our state who help others often times for free and therefore keeps people from contributing to a government instituted black market... so all of us 'legal'growers are helping the war on drugs fight the import of drugs from cartels (that includes big pharma) whose interest is not peoples health ... who knows what chemicals can be on imported drugs as opposed to the mostly organic methods of most small medical grows in the US. What scares you people about change?