• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Nevada

mp06011999

Lucky's NW Vegas

Oc'd there last night with the wife. No issues with oc, but sadly was not a very pleasant experience. We were trying to like this place, but unless you're gonna sit in the bar area it just seems like service is gonna be lacking. If you don't smoke, the bar area is not doable as it is way too smoky. And so far only the pizza is amazing as for food. Everything else is really no better than you'd get from like a snack shack stand. And lastly, they stopped the noon to 7 happy hour. Didn't find out until the bill came - ouch!

So, won't be going back there other than to grab a carry-out pizza. But, they are cool with oc.

vegaspassat

Oc'd there last night with the wife. No issues with oc, but sadly was not a very pleasant experience. We were trying to like this place, but unless you're gonna sit in the bar area it just seems like service is gonna be lacking. If you don't smoke, the bar area is not doable as it is way too smoky. And so far only the pizza is amazing as for food. Everything else is really no better than you'd get from like a snack shack stand. And lastly, they stopped the noon to 7 happy hour. Didn't find out until the bill came - ouch!

So, won't be going back there other than to grab a carry-out pizza. But, they are cool with oc.

Oc'd where? Are you talking about lucky's?

mp06011999

Oc'd where? Are you talking about lucky's?
Yes, Lucky's. Does the subject bar not show up on mobile devices displaying this thread?

And yea I know we've been there before with pleasant enough of an experience. But I was always a little on the fence. They have no good IPAs. The one they do have was okay for $2 during an awesome 7 hour happy hour, but now at $14 a pitcher? Nope. And except for the pizza, the food has been nothing special. Then, last night, with my wife and I the only ones in the dining area, I would a liked a little better service. Most of the tables were dirty. We had to ask for: service, silverware, napkins, ketsup (the bottle was nasty sticky) and blue cheese (they don't have any). The fingers were burnt.

I hate talking trash about 'em as the last visits were okay, but this one was pretty bad. And when my wife asked the bartender why the beer was so much she said that they stopped their happy hour and offered to buy us a beer next time we were in. Honestly, I think she should have done something last night. But, again, we're not going back. Admittedly we are beer snobs and will pay $26 for a pitcher of awesome IPA. But not $14 for just drinkable.

So conclusion is: They have awesome pizza and allow oc, but lack in just about everything else - for us. If you're fine with smoke and Bud Lite, you'll enjoy it. I'll oc when I pick up our carryout pizza. ;-)

Last edited:

vegaspassat

No, the subject bar doesnt show up with tapatalk. But you are right, the time we all sat in the dining room was not a fantastic experience. Which stinks because I really wanted to help bring business to my friend's restaurant, but you cant have mediocre food with poor service.
This is also why i dont go to goodfellas. The pizza is not very good at all there.

Last edited:

SharpShootur

The AVATAR-I don't always open carry...

So have you actually had cops stop you here?

"I don't always open carry. But when I do, the police come and I send them on their way because I know my rights." And I send them away cowering in fear from this forum. ;) Why? Because here is the place where I'm surrounded by like minded people who love the constitution and exercise their 2nd amendment right! Those cops that are "rogue" and dislike the OCers KNOW what would happen if they tried to spread tyranny here! LOL! :D

SharpShootur

Yes, Lucky's. Does the subject bar not show up on mobile devices displaying this thread?

And yea I know we've been there before with pleasant enough of an experience. But I was always a little on the fence. They have no good IPAs. The one they do have was okay for $2 during an awesome 7 hour happy hour, but now at $14 a pitcher? Nope. And except for the pizza, the food has been nothing special. Then, last night, with my wife and I the only ones in the dining area, I would a liked a little better service. Most of the tables were dirty. We had to ask for: service, silverware, napkins, ketsup (the bottle was nasty sticky) and blue cheese (they don't have any). The fingers were burnt.

I hate talking trash about 'em as the last visits were okay, but this one was pretty bad. And when my wife asked the bartender why the beer was so much she said that they stopped their happy hour and offered to buy us a beer next time we were in. Honestly, I think she should have done something last night. But, again, we're not going back. Admittedly we are beer snobs and will pay $26 for a pitcher of awesome IPA. But not $14 for just drinkable.

So conclusion is: They have awesome pizza and allow oc, but lack in just about everything else - for us. If you're fine with smoke and Bud Lite, you'll enjoy it. I'll oc when I pick up our carryout pizza. ;-)

Will make a mental note: Lucky's pizza good. Service and everything else bad.:)

mp06011999

No, the subject bar doesnt show up with tapatalk. But you are right, the time we all sat in the dining room was not a fantastic experience. Which stinks because I really wanted to help bring business to my friend's restaurant, but you cant have mediocre food with poor service.
This is also why i dont go to goodfellas. The pizza is not very good at all there.

Yea and I do feel bad about trashing 'em cuz they do seem cool, but they're not doing a very good job. My wife and I are catered to at the NON-OC friendly Drafthouse. Partly because we spend a bunch of money there, but mostly I think because we're pretty easy customers. We don't complain or expect to pay servers to treat them like crap. We're very fair and square. "This isn't Nam - there are rules dammit" - The Great Walter. lol

And for what it's worth, I keep working on 'em at the Drafthouse to be oc friendly.....but I don't seem to be getting anywhere. :(

28kfps

Went on a motorcycle campout this weekend. I open carried in Bullhead City Az including the ride there and back. Open carried in Safeway. Not sure if people are friendlier in Az however, just appeared to be less stress, people appeared to be happier. Had to ask for a few items, the help was very friendly.

Camped at Katharine landing campground part of the Lake Mead national park. Open for the second day after the government closer. The female ranger at the entrance took a good look at my firearm. I am a south paw so strong side to her. Took the money had a few instructions followed by have a nice day. No issues.

shadowed_stranger

Open carried to the Henderson DMV yesterday. I was even called to a 'stand-up' desk with my strong side facing the seating area and guard nearby with no issues other than the fact that when I wrote the mileage on the title it went below the solid line so they said that was an 'altered title' and wasn't valid. Asked for a supervisor and she cleared it to go through.

Was kind of interesting, there was a guy out front collecting signatures for a petition. Normally I like to ignore them, but he seemed to lock on to me and not let me walk by, then he says to me 'Would you like to sign a petiton to protect the second amendment?'

Of course, with a full size P-09 facing him and CZ-USA hat on the answer was pretty obvious, but I look him dead in the eyes and say 'What makes you think I'd support that?' He doesn't bite though and says 'Here you go' and hands the sheet to me. Smart man.

Last edited:

Bernymac

'Would you like to sign a petiton to protect the second amendment?'

'What makes you think I'd support that?' He doesn't bite though and says 'Here you go' and hands the sheet to me. Smart man.

Did you read the petition or did you take his word that the petition actually supports the 2nd Amendment? I've been approached before by thoe folks and when I read the petition, it was supporting gun registration and expanded background checks on family members when transferring firearms.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Did you read the petition or did you take his word that the petition actually supports the 2nd Amendment? I've been approached before by thoe folks and when I read the petition, it was supporting gun registration and expanded background checks on family members when transferring firearms.
Say it isn't so. Who can you trust these days?

Confirm, confirm.

shadowed_stranger

It wasn't actually to 'support the second amendment', it was that 'we have too many gun laws, and we don't support any additional restrictions of any kind on the constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms'.

So yep, it was good to go.

Last edited:

mp06011999

While not really on topic, I know we've discussed Blue Cards on here before. So let me paste this comment here and that way you good people could use it as you find fit:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

And not that I am suggesting breaking any laws, no matter how silly they may be, but... for all those worried about the Blue card

How in the world would Metro know when (or where) you bought the gun? Put another way, how in the world would Metro know that you bought the gun more than 72 hours ago? ONLY gun stores are required to file paperwork listing the buyer. What happens and when it happens after that buyer is purely up to what you tell them.

Why Sir I see that you don't have your useless Blue card for that gun!?
No officer, I just brought it into the state today. Sorry, into the County, I mean. lol Beginning to see why the Blue card is so silly....

Last edited by a moderator:

SharpShootur

Hmmmm.....I see where you are going with the silly "Blue Card." Oh well, as a law abiding citizen I will continue to carry the card so that if I'm stopped by metro I can verify the legally owned pistol on my hip does in fact belong to me.

By the way, I was traveling east on Tropicana this morning at 8:15. As I traveled, someone riding a "crotch rocket" zoomed passed me as we headed towards Jones. He had a chrome plated back pack on. The rider was also OCing. Was that anyone here on this forum?

Vegassteve

Hmmmm.....I see where you are going with the silly "Blue Card." Oh well, as a law abiding citizen I will continue to carry the card so that if I'm stopped by metro I can verify the legally owned pistol on my hip does in fact belong to me.

Please dont fall for that false thinking. We have seen evidence that having the blue card proves nothing. You may have the card, but if it was entered wrong or not at all, in the database. It is useless. It is useless anyway. There is no law requiring you to carry it. I shred mine and send them back to metro. Keep one in all the cars just for showing a gun store if I want to buy.

Also I have in my car bluecards for guns I no longer own. Heck I could claim the guy I sold them to stole them. As I have the bluecard it must be proof its mine.

mp06011999

Please dont fall for that false thinking. We have seen evidence that having the blue card proves nothing. You may have the card, but if it was entered wrong or not at all, in the database. It is useless. It is useless anyway. There is no law requiring you to carry it. I shred mine and send them back to metro. Keep one in all the cars just for showing a gun store if I want to buy.

Also I have in my car bluecards for guns I no longer own. Heck I could claim the guy I sold them to stole them. As I have the bluecard it must be proof its mine.

^^^^^Could not have said it better myself^^^^^^^

Folks that still believe in the Blue Card, knowledge is power and ignorance is control. The FACT is, the Blue Card is a joke that does NOTHING for you.....except at the gun store when purchasing.
Don't drink the Kool-aid as it's laced with ignorance. :uhoh: :lol:

28kfps

I open carry in Las Vegas more than anywhere else. Have been for many years. Most of the time on a motorcycle which greatly increases public viewing of my firearm. I have no blue card. I am not a Clark County resident.
Who knows how many non-Clark County CCers and even OCing visitors are in town, none of them will have a blue card either.

Harley

So I just had a negative OC experience
My apt complex, which will remain nameless, informed me via written notice that I have received a violation. 1st one in about 4 yrs of living here. The armed security, saw me wearing my gun from my truck to my apartment and wrote me up for it.
They say if I get a second one I will get a fine.....

Guess I'm going to have a chat with the head of management as soon as he returns from vacation.
If it doesn't get resolved I guess I will be moving soon cause I'll be damned if they will get any more money from me! (end of rant)