• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You guys have to stop open carying your rifles in places of business.

stealthyeliminator

My bottom line remains, I want OC in Texas. Hell, I want the Constitution enforced in Texas and the other 49 too, but that's another matter.

I simply don't feel like (particularly in non-OC states), it should be shoved down the throats of those who are afraid of guns and jammed up the posteriors of the people in public. FORCING the issue will not help us. Does that make sense?

None of what I mentioned is related to dealing with politicians, capische?

I'm pretty sure that if I shoved my rifle down someone's throat, I'd be guilty of one of the more serious levels of assault and be quickly carted to the nearest jail. Since we don't shove our rifles down anyone's throat, I fail to see a valid point here.

Forcing the issue won't help? While I reject your implication that we are "forcing the issue" (while "forcing the issue" is entirely undefined), it's our (this includes you) rights you're talking about. If you aren't willing to defend your rights, you will lose them, it really is that simple. History is pretty clear on that point, I think. Just simply consider why OCT was formed. A man was engaging in a completely legal activity out on a county road, not in a restaurant in the middle of the city, and ended up with an overweight *******'s pistol pressed against the back of his head. I believe "the issue" was forced, in that moment, and other moments like that, by the anti-gun, anti-liberty movement, police, politicians and judges. They began, in that moment, to try and push the line even further back against our rights than it already was. OCT (in my opinion) was born to a) refuse to allow the line in Texas to shift further into oppression, and we succeeded in this point. Many would have had you believe that somehow it was not legal or permissible to carry a rifle openly in public (hence the malicious prosecution against CJ Grisham and others). We proved that it is (legal) and we have, throughout the entire state, led the way to compliance with the law by law enforcement and city governments. and to b) restore the recognition of the rights of Texas by pushing that line back to where it belongs, at constitutional carry.

So yes, while I don't accept the accusation that we are "forcing the issue (undefined)," I believe that forcing the issue is morally permissible, which is more important than whether or not you believe it's a viable strategy.

In regards to whether or not OC legislation is 'on the table,' I've heard through the grape vine quite the opposite of what you have read. I've been told that, basically, some form of OC is all but guaranteed..

hammer6

I simply don't feel like (particularly in non-OC states), it should be shoved down the throats of those who are afraid of guns and jammed up the posteriors of the people in public. FORCING the issue will not help us. Does that make sense?

no, it doesn't. i didn't realize exercising a right was "shoving it down" someone's throat, or "forcing" any issue.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I think that some folks (who say they are pro-gun) misguided objection to people OCing ... is:

A) they think it will impact their carry "permission" slips for handguns
B) don't LG carry, so don't care or see a connection
C) some would want to OC rifle if needed ... but do not today
D) think it would impact efforts to OC handguns

What these poor people don't understand is that OCing any firearm should not even be subject to a debate .. any criminality towards OCing anything is wrong.

Jack House

I'm confused, you say you are a newbie, but you make a remark of the legend of Gecko45?

Either you are from one of those CC only sites, or a sock with a hole in it.:uhoh:
He comes from Reddit, I'm fairly certain.

LMAO!!!! Damn near passed out from it too.
I want to hate you ... but I can't :uhoh:
tnxRZ6q.gif

RU = "are you", not Russian. lol
Native Houstonian and now live 2 counties removed.
Exactly! :p

Public excludes businesses that do not want you carrying there which is a property rights issue.
This statement is pointless, no one here advocates carrying where it is unwelcome.

I'm not afraid of offending anyone nor am I PC. I have seen no doubt a small amount of Open Carry Texas (OCT) related videos and news articles but, IMO, 100% of them did nothing to advance OC in TX. More than likely the opposite. I recently saw a written exchange with a State politician, the politician said OC is off the table for the next session due at least in part to those who are making a scene. I'll try to find that exchange and post it, but no promises.
Other than your vaporletter, what other facts you got to back up your claim that OCT is hurting HGOC in Texas?

Which politician? And I would like to see that exchange?

Please explain how the efforts of OCT has not advanced open carry?
More importantly, how has OCT harmed OC in Texas?

RU serious

Y'all are something else, seriously.

You twist, and parse, and assume because I'm a native Houstonian (as if I had some F'N control of my birthplace) I'm a Dem. You think that I am Reddit, or FB, maybe even twitter. Perhaps Occupy too.

I've spent a ridiculous amount of time looking for the letter I made NO promise I could produce only to come back to an ass whopin'.

This is not going well. I came to this site to show my side and hear yours, yet I was sent to the den. Can y'all imagine how many people have simply scanned this site and decided 'it's not worth my trouble'?

OC for ME

Funny, that sums up my observation of the majority of posts I've read here. OC every where, no matter what, or GTFO. Not open to different opinions and yes, I'm aware of the site's name. What is most annoying is it's mostly non-Texans telling us how things should be. :mad:
Or, a Texan telling his fellow Texan how things should be. Advancing liberty means...well, read the signature I display.

Yup, 1st post. No LEO, no firearms instructor, not a historian, not great with words, and I sure as hell ain't no Gecko45 [:rolleyes:] but I do like my toys. However, if I'm on private property (store, eatery, etc.) and someone walks in with a long gun strapped on, I am making an exit as quickly and discreetly as possible. I don't know you or your intent. Understand my comments are from a Texan's perspective only. I would not make the exit in an OC state w/o sensing a threat.
OK, I know Texans and none of them would do what you say you would do if they see a citizen LGOCing. So, it is likely just you.

I wish OC was legal in Texas but frankly if it was, I doubt I'd join in. Except for limited situations (at a BBQ), I don't feel the need to advertise. I fully expect to be bashed for my comments so understand this, I don't anticipate spending a lot of time here, but I'm not hiding either.
Well, there ya go. We all know you now. :rolleyes:

BTW: not a personal attack OC for ME. After about an hour of generally scanning the site, I simply bounced around a current thread and happened on your post. Cool?

Also, I looked for an Introductions section but didn't see one, sorry if I missed it.

EDIT: Before signing on, I actually read the rules and noticed #14 reads in part "We do NOT promote the carry of long guns."
The rule right before rule number one is "This is private property...capice?"

stealthyeliminator

RU Serious, let's take a different approach, then. Tell us your plan for restoring liberty in Texas, explain how it is better than OCT's plan, and let us know what work you've done so far according to that plan.

I'm open to hearing "differing opinions," I'm just not open to blind, baseless criticism without any construction. Your posts so far make me wonder what your intent here is. If it is to simply criticize the OC efforts in Texas, then I would strongly recommend offering some construction with that criticism. This thread is pretty long, and there has been a lot of ignorance, and baseless criticism. If that is all you are here to bring, then you are bringing nothing new to the table.

Why not just expand on your previous posts... Don't shove it down the public's throat... Ok, please show example of what you consider to be "shoving it down throats" so that we can know precisely the activity you are referring to. Then, please offer a brief explanation as to why that activity is not productive. Then, please offer a suggestion as to what can be done different that you believe will yield a significantly better result. I'm completely open to hearing this.

RU serious

1 Or, a Texan telling his fellow Texan how things should be. Advancing liberty means...well, read the signature I display.

OK, I know Texans and none of them would do what you say you would do if they see a citizen LGOCing. So, it is likely just you.

2 Well, there ya go. We all know you now. :rolleyes:

3 The rule right before rule number one is "This is private property...capice?"

1 I don't see anywhere that I told anyone how things should be. Can you point it out?

2 You know that I would rarely OC, otherwise you have no clue of why I make that choice. It would be MY right / choice, correct?

3 I see no such verbiage in the rules. Regardless, I acknowledge the site is private property but am at a complete loss as to why you pointed it out.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Well looks like this one is going the rest of the way into the sewer.

Too bad, it was a good thread sponsoring a lot of good chatter and thought process.

Such is the internet forum life lol.

tomrkba

Y'all are something else, seriously.

You twist, and parse, and assume because I'm a native Houstonian (as if I had some F'N control of my birthplace) I'm a Dem. You think that I am Reddit, or FB, maybe even twitter. Perhaps Occupy too.

I've spent a ridiculous amount of time looking for the letter I made NO promise I could produce only to come back to an ass whopin'.

This is not going well. I came to this site to show my side and hear yours, yet I was sent to the den. Can y'all imagine how many people have simply scanned this site and decided 'it's not worth my trouble'?

You're not really from Texas since you were born east of the Pecos. (Yes, I have heard that argument when I was in Alpine). They told me, a Virginian, that I was one of those "Yankees". I simply said "It sounds like you never heard of the Mason-Dixon Line and where a significant amount of the fighting took place." They shut up. This was back when the history of the War of Northern Aggression was still taught in school, so you "newbies" may need to do some reading. ;)

Last edited:

OC for ME

1 I don't see anywhere that I told anyone how things should be. Can you point it out?
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by RU serious Funny, that sums up my observation of the majority of posts I've read here. OC every where, no matter what, or GTFO. Not open to different opinions and yes, I'm aware of the site's name. What is most annoying is it's mostly non-Texans telling us how things should be. :mad:

2 You know that I would rarely OC, otherwise you have no clue of why I make that choice. It would be MY right / choice, correct?
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by RU serious I wish OC was legal in Texas but frankly if it was, I doubt I'd join in. Except for limited situations (at a BBQ), I don't feel the need to advertise. I fully expect to be bashed for my comments so understand this, I don't anticipate spending a lot of time here, but I'm not hiding either.

3 I see no such verbiage in the rules. Regardless, I acknowledge the site is private property but am at a complete loss as to why you pointed it out.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by RU serious
BTW: not a personal attack OC for ME. After about an hour of generally scanning the site, I simply bounced around a current thread and happened on your post. Cool?

Also, I looked for an Introductions section but didn't see one, sorry if I missed it.

EDIT: Before signing on, I actually read the rules and noticed #14 reads in part "We do NOT promote the carry of long guns."
All ya need to do is read your own words. However, I'll toss you a bone.

1. It is not OK for non-Texans, but Texans...
2. Then what's your beef with OCT? You ain't a OCer what do you care...oh, you want OC but won't participate...OK.
3. You'll need to start at the beginning of this thread and find the post, from site management, that permits this thread to remain open for comments. A little hint, this thread is not "promoting" LGOC, but, don't take my word for it. Do your own research.

Bottom line, jackin yer jaw over OCT and LGOC, which you admit that you will not participate in, is trollish behavior.

RU serious

[video=youtube;1fuDDqU6n4o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fuDDqU6n4o[/video]

Let's meet at *agree to disagree* and move on from here, hmmm? :cool:

Last edited:

Midwest

Target asks customers to leave firearms at home

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=151&sid=30552296&title=target-asks-customers-to-leave-firearms-at-home

NEW YORK (AP) — Target is asking its customers to not bring firearms into its stores, even where it is allowed by law.

So...we really showed them...didn't we?

"Target Corp. made the announcement as it faced pressure about its policy on the "open carry" of firearms in its stores. A group called Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America gathered nearly 400,000 signatures for a petition asking Target to prohibit shoppers from carrying guns into its stores.

The group has said it is responsible for getting several chains, including Chipotle, Starbucks and Jack in the Box, to change their gun policies. It introduced the campaign after gun rights groups carrying loaded rifles frequently gathered in Target stores including Texas, Alabama and North Carolina to demonstrate in support of "open carry" laws."

So what stores are next to ban all firearms, not just open carry? This is progress?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Do you think these places don't know the difference between long guns and sidearms? Do you think they are only just now DECIDING that they don't like you and your guns?

Or are they finally just announcing it, and very purposely applying it to all guns?

Do you prefer ignorance or do you like knowing who your enemies are?

Jack House

Do you think these places don't know the difference between long guns and sidearms? Do you think they are only just now DECIDING that they don't like you and your guns?

Or are they finally just announcing it, and very purposely applying it to all guns?

Do you prefer ignorance or do you like knowing who your enemies are?
One of the guys that's been here longer than I have needs to make a thread reminding people that the exact same **** happened to OCDO, but despite claims to the contrary, the world did not end. Gun lube did not flow through the streets.

Elm Creek Smith

http://aattp.org/meet-the-dangerous...ts-that-invaded-chipotle-with-their-blessing/

This are the people that suppose to represent gun owners?? No thanks, I will go it alone.

And "Americans Against The Tea Party" are supposed to represent...what? A fair and balanced report? That's funny especially when they "report" this:
"Open Carry Tarrant County, recently removed from the larger Open Carry Texas group because they frightened Jack in the Box employees so much that some hid in the walk-in freezer, headed to a Dallas Chipotle on Saturday–packing heat, of course..."
Turns out, of course, that the whole "hiding in the walk-in freezer" story was a Moms Demand Action LIE. So, you're going to depend on an organization that hates gun owners, all gun owners, and lies for your information?

Good call. Tell us how "going it alone" works out for you.

Last edited: