• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by PatMcCotter

1. P

Hannah Dustin Defense League

imported post Hannah Dustin Defense League Who We Are The Hannah Dustin Defense League has been created to join women from many walks of life and organizations as a coalition with one purpose. To end the ban on self-defense at the New Hampshire State Capital Complex. As a direct response...
  2. P

Attorneys call cop’s gun case ‘misunderstanding’

imported post Attorneys call cop’s gun case ‘misunderstanding’ Published: Friday, October 2, 2009 By William Kaempffer, Register Staff NEW HAVEN — Attorneys for a Waterbury police sergeant accused of improperly selling or transferring seven firearms — including one that later was used in five...
  3. P

Harrold Independent School District: One Year Later

imported post Packing for school: Guns on campus one year later Ann Work Times Record News Thursday, August 6, 2009 http://www.reporternews.com/news/2009/aug/06/packed-for-school/ WICHITA FALLS — One year ago, David Thweatt made a decision so controversial and groundbreaking the story...
  4. P

BATFE - An Open Letter To All Montana Federal Firearms Licensees

imported post http://www.atf.gov/firearms/071709-montana-openletter.pdf An Open Letter To All Montana Federal Firearms Licensees U.S. Department of Justice Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Assistant Director The purpose of this letter is to provide guidance on your...
  5. P

NH non-resident license fee to increase 500%

imported post As of July 1, 2009, the fee for non-resident concealed carry licenses will increase from $20 to $100. HB2 is the NH legislation for paying for everything decided on in HB1 - the NH budget. HB2 isn't signed yet but this is not a sticking point.
  6. P

Five year grant of privilege to exercise right

imported post Well, CT has granted me a five year privilege to exercise my "right to bear arms in defense of [my]self and the state." Comparing resident process in CT to resident process in NH. NH I can exercise my right to bear arms (acquire and open carry) without permission. Not having...
  7. P

Carry to/from a range

imported post I understand that some ranges in CT require a carry permit for someone to use their facilities but there are those which do not. Is there a way for those who carry in their home/business to get practice time without having a carry permit?
  8. P

It was good to meet the CCDL folks

imported post It was good to meet folks last night. My wife and I didn't stay for the meeting. I just wanted to meet some of you and let you meet me so you have a face to put on my posts here. I will try to attend future meetings though i am not a Roberts Rules kind of guy. I will be watching...
  9. P

SB358 - An Act Concerning Prohibiting The Transfer Of Assault Weapons Or Machine Guns To Minors

imported post Being new to CT legislative process I just found this little wordsmithing in the SB358 committee bill that imposes a fine/jail sentence on anyone who possesses a machine gun. Ostensibly the bill is a reaction to the accidental shooting of the 8-year-old CT boy at a MA gun shoot...
  10. P

Question on lack of proof of gun ownership

imported post So. I recently moved to CT from NH (physical medical reasons). I am in the process of getting my carry permit but I have a question. Having acquired my handgun in NH as a NH resident there was no need to have a permit/license to buy it or carry it openly. (And carry license is...