• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1st and last trip to wild west guns

wrightme

The OP "attacked" the store. I am defending it, not "attacking" him. BTW, have you caught up to the part in the thread where he was wrong?

False.

Vegassteve,

I'm a bit confused. So they have a sign, you ignored it, and from what I've read, nobody mentioned anything to you about it. So, what exactly is your complaint about the OC/CCW policy?

As far as the Federal Marshal goes, I'm thinking he should know the law better than a local gun store but you're not complaining about or refusing to use the U.S. Marshals service. Perhaps the staff didn't correct him for the same reasons you didn't.

To be completely honest, in this case, you sound a bit like a loud know it all yourself.

Just sayin.....

I'm not allowed to carry at the courthouse but I still manage to do business there when needed. Just because I have the legal right to open carry does not mean I have to. Of course I do business with places who do not allow open carry. How can you support gun rights but not the rights of the business owners?

Not sure if you go to church or not but can you imagine the reaction if you were to open carry there? Yet, I'm willing to bet many of the readers of this forum attend services while NOT carrying.

The bottom line is you're pissed because somebody took the choice away from you. To me, it's like a child throwing a temper tantrum when he/she does not get her way.

And a customer who does nothing in person but comes to a forum to complain about:

1: A policy which was not enforced or even mentioned

2: Somebody else not correcting a Marshal

Shows me that they would rather complain than confront the perceived issue in person. You call that standing up for your rights? I call it retreating then throwing rocks from the other side of the street.

28kfps

I'm not allowed to carry at the courthouse but I still manage to do business there when needed. Just because I have the legal right to open carry does not mean I have to. Of course I do business with places who do not allow open carry. How can you support gun rights but not the rights of the business owners?

Not sure if you go to church or not but can you imagine the reaction if you were to open carry there? Yet, I'm willing to bet many of the readers of this forum attend services while NOT carrying.

The bottom line is you're pissed because somebody took the choice away from you. To me, it's like a child throwing a temper tantrum when he/she does not get her way.

I do carry in my church. One of the few times, I do conceal. The pastor is good with it. I am not the only one. Most have seen me at one time or another open carrying. Just a guess however I believe if I was to open carry in our church most would not have an issue with it. I chose to conceal in respect of the few that might have an issue with it in a house of worship.