• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2nd Amendment A Fundamental Right?

Metalhead47

Apathetic, are you serious. Do you think I come on here and engage in all of these discussion with a majority of people that do not agree because I am apathetic. I must be the most engaged apathetic person you ever met, right?

When one of you say sh*t is going to hit the fan, people concur, when I say it I am pessimistic--that makes sense.

I think I can sum it up like this: Most of the folks on here think that after the SHTF, things will get better, or are at least likely too. And there's some hope of things getting better without **** hitting fan. To me it sounds like you're saying, SHTF or not we're all boned one way or the other, which kinda sounds hopeless, and accepting such sounds like complacency or apathy.

Beretta92FSLady

I think I can sum it up like this: Most of the folks on here think that after the SHTF, things will get better, or are at least likely too. And there's some hope of things getting better without **** hitting fan. To me it sounds like you're saying, SHTF or not we're all boned one way or the other, which kinda sounds hopeless, and accepting such sounds like complacency or apathy.

Being "boned" is relative. Some might say that we are boned while other might say we are a better nation as our society evolves.

I think there is hope; I do think that there are definitely storms ahead in the coming years, great partisan storms. I stated where I think we are going. As long as we still have our Constitution intact, we will all be fine, promise.

The Federal Government is going to play a greater role in our lives, regardless the party in power.

What does this have to do with the 2nd Amendment--it has everything to do with it. Having Supreme Court decisions split down ideological lines is not a way to go about assuring that all Americans have access to firearms if they choose to. The D.C. and Chicago bans are merely one vote away from being ruled Constitutional. The court rulings were correct IMO, but they are definitely not a mandate.

Last edited: