• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

5th Monthly Meetup - SoCal UOC Event

wewd

imported post

If you plan to attend the event and have not posted in the thread, please send me a private message so that I may provide you with my cell phone number, in case you are late to the meet or are unable to find the group.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

wewd wrote:
If you plan to attend the event and have not posted in the thread, please send me a private message so that I may provide you with my cell phone number, in case you are late to the meet or are unable to find the group.
Or you could just follow the choppers! Ha ha. . .

Gundude

imported post

Theseus wrote:
wewd wrote:
Or you could just follow the choppers! Ha ha. . .
or, when you see everyone running down the street, screaming like their hair is on fire, go the opposite way and you will find us.

wewd

imported post

As much fun as that would be, the last time we did a UOC meet here, all we got were positive comments and curiosity. I really, really want to see my first "running, screaming women and children" encounter while UOCing but it hasn't happened yet, contrary to everything that the anti-UOC crowd over at that other forum would have you believe.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

wewd wrote:
As much fun as that would be, the last time we did a UOC meet here, all we got were positive comments and curiosity. I really, really want to see my first "running, screaming women and children" encounter while UOCing but it hasn't happened yet, contrary to everything that the anti-UOC crowd over at that other forum would have you believe.
This calls for an improveverywhere.com-esque mission.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

OK, so I was going to come to this, but I found a buyer for my AR-15 and am going to take care of that so I can pay my rent for next month.

Sorry guys, but I am on less than shoe strings here.

demnogis

imported post

Understood Theseus. A few of us would be more than happy to buy you lunch and a drink next time you can make it to an event.

Theseus wrote:
OK, so I was going to come to this, but I found a buyer for my AR-15 and am going to take care of that so I can pay my rent for next month.

demnogis

imported post

Also, has anyone invited the on-the-fence guys at CalGuns to see the kinds of positive/neutral interactions we usually have with the public and LEOs? I think it would be a good op to get them to show up and learn, also to see how things really go.

chewy352

imported post

Theseus wrote:

No problem Theseus Take care of your family first and we'll see you at the next one hopefully. Lunch on us.

wewd

imported post

Bump for anyone late to the party. Weather tomorrow should be around 70° and partly cloudy, no rain expected.

coolusername2007

imported post

Another great meetup! It was great meeting everyone for another fun time time in old town Temecula. Great weather, good food and good times.

There was about 16 people who attended, with all but about three open carrying. We met a lot of nice people who asked a lot of questions, many brochures were handed out and everyone was fully supportive of our efforts.