• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

7/20/2010 6pm - York Count Board of Supervisors - York Hall, 301 Main Street

simmonsjoe

Black rifles are .22 caliber

Of course you know the purpose for the .22 caliber restriction... Obviously this is to protect the citizens of York County from an attack by someone using one of those Ugly Black "Assault" Rifles.

Because someone who is intent on hunting down and murdering people with an Ugly Black Assault Rifle, will certainly change their plans once they realize they would be in violation of a County Ordinance preventing them from discharging it...

:rolleyes:

TFred
does it say anything about rimfire?

45acpForMe

email from Sheriff Diggs

Thanks to you and all of the others who showed up to support the repeal.

Sincerely,

J. D. "Danny" Diggs
Sheriff of York County & Poquoson
York-Poquoson Sheriff's Office
P.O. Box 99
301 Goodwin Neck Rd
Yorktown, VA 23690
Phone 757-890-3677
Fax 757-890-6678
www.yorkcounty.gov/sheriff

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
It's hard to make a video that hits all the high points and is not so long as to be boring. I'm not sure I succeeded but here it is. Since it switches clips to just get the important moments, it may seem a little confusing.

I included the history and VCDL alert in the story plus my 3 thoughts on the whole thing.
http://news.oldva.org/?p=49438

[video=vimeo;13549739]http://vimeo.com/13549739[/video]

t33j

It's hard to make a video that hits all the high points and is not so long as to be boring. I'm not sure I succeeded but here it is. Since it switches clips to just get the important moments, it may seem a little confusing.

I included the history and VCDL alert in the story plus my 3 thoughts on the whole thing.
http://news.oldva.org/?p=49438

[video=vimeo;13549739]http://vimeo.com/13549739[/video]

She lost me when the first words out of her mouth were, "I am a member of the NRA".

Just occurred to me that I could have written something, and had one of you read it on my behalf.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
All the Anti's were either NRA or as in the General's case. a believer in the NRA and has a houseful of NRA members.
That tells me something about the NRA.
I didn't see the NRA Rep there either. That's a shame. Gunowners from all over the state came but not the National Rifle Association.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
A little more on the rifle ban.

[video=vimeo;13560364]http://vimeo.com/13560364[/video]

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
All the Anti's were either NRA or as in the General's case. a believer in the NRA and has a houseful of NRA members.
That tells me something about the NRA.
I didn't see the NRA Rep there either. That's a shame. Gunowners from all over the state came but not the National Rifle Association.
I brought this up on Monday with one of my neighbors (who also serves on the HOA Board of Directors with me). He said he had already e-mailed the BoS based on the e-mail alert he had received from the NRA.

Here's what the NRA sent out:

Virginia: York County to Consider Repealing Discharge Ban

on Tuesday, July 20!

On Tuesday, July 20 at 6:00 pm, the York County Board of Supervisors, located at 301 Main Street, will hold a public hearing and vote on Ordinance 10-13, which would repeal Section 16-7, Discharging of Firearms within Certain Areas Prohibited and Section 16-37, Discharge of High Powered Rifles Prohibited of York County Code.
If you are unable to attend this meeting, please email the Board of Supervisors below and encourage them to repeal these unnecessary ordinances as state law adequately addresses any illegal action.
York County Board of Supervisors

Chairman Donald Wiggins: wiggins@yorkcounty.gov
Sheila Noll: noll@yorkcounty.gov
Walter Zaremba: zaremba@yorkcounty.gov
Thomas Shepperd: shepperd@yorkcounty.gov
George Hrichak: hrichak@yorkcounty.gov

Last edited: