• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

7 mile

Beerme

Banned
I've got 8 in the clip, not 6. It's a full size 1911 steel frame. :) ****I don't carry that plastic sh|t****
I have two spare clips but only carry one.

Thanks for the welcome - excellent site with a lot of knowledge here.

they are not clips they are magazines
and you need to realize that when you are carrying open or concealed the last thing you do is yell "What the f*(k are you lookin at?"
and
"Hell ya I'm carrying"

you do not need to provoke anything and thats all you acomplished, please for your own safety learn to act accordingly while carrying.

Last edited:

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
and you need to realize that when you are carrying open or concealed the last thing you do is yell "What the f*(k are you lookin at?"
and
"Hell ya I'm carrying"

you do not need to provoke anything and thats all you acomplished, please for your own safety learn to act accordingly while carrying.
A little late to the party eh?

You know....when others have already said it....it doesn't do much good to chime in days later with the exact same thing Especially after the OP agrees and has already acknowledged where he may have done things better.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Timing is everything ;)

and
"Hell ya I'm carrying"

[Doug's ref whistle blows repeatedly followed by........]

"Unnecessary roughing of the original Poster 25 yard penalty & repeat the last down!"

sevenplusone

Officer, 4" barrel.
I have a holster with a clip that goes in my pocket. The gun goes in the holster.
Slow draw?? Quite the contrary - improved leverage (compared to on the hip) and the best part is that I can rest my hand on the handle and it looks like I have my thumb hooked on the pocket.
People don't seem to notice.

Looks like I'm wrong on the war part. But I'm sticking with TRIED AND TRUE

If you truly have an officer grip it is not 8rds. A 4" barrel is a 'commander' (or close to it at a true commander is a 4 1/4" barrel technically). A 'CCO' or officer/commander is an officer's grip and commander length slide. I'm not familiar w/Kimber's designations.

I'll apologize right now and admit I'm a 1911 junkie.

erb

I OCed (on the thigh) for the first and visited several locations.

I can't really describe how it has made me feel (great!), but I feel different. Normal.

Been thinking, I regret a lot of what happened and I feel stupid. I didn't act right. But that would have never happened if the police didn't f*(k with people - not something to overlook!

Last edited:

me812

the way they were lookin at me pissed me off

So I exchanged looks and said "What the f*(k are you lookin at?"

Well, I may be just a dumb Arizona sandbilly, but this type of conflict escalation doesn't sound too bright to me.

dumbass.jpg

Last edited:

Bailenforcer

Flashing a badge? NOT legal identification.

Just flashing a badge is not legal identification. They MUST identify themselves with Dept issued Photo ID. This comes from Detroit Officers I know. Now there are literally dozens of stolen official Detroit Police Dept Badges used by thugs to rob people. There are literally hundreds of fake Detroit Police Badges on the streets as well. They flash their badge, so what I flash mine then what? Unless I see official Identification, all bets are off.
Just so you know folks, the media has NOT been reporting there are several CREWS (4 to 6 black males) of Home Invasion thugs who are not only Badged, but have swat uniforms with Detroit Police Dept on them and Detroit Police Dept Body armor doing Home Invasions. If I lived down there my HK 91 loaded would be at my side when at home. Oh that's right I don't live there and I still have my HK 91 right here ready...

better I error on the side of MY safety than be dead because I was foolish and didn't protect myself.

Welcome Erb!

Working from your post of the events during your encounter....

When during the course of events did those guys identify themselves as LE? And... did they show a badge or ID as LE... or did they just say they were cops?

I don't know about anyone else but a beat up car with thuggy looking guys in it aggressively confronting me without showing physical ID of being LE with my having an opportunity to examine that ID... will NOT be treated as LE. Quite the contrary! Because anyone can just say they are LE............. and still be a thug intent on committing nefarious deeds.

About that "examining ID"... just flashing a badge for an instant without my having the ability to see if it identifies an officer of the law or is just one of those silly "concealed carrier badges" or a cracker jack prize isn't going to impress me one bit. I would, and will, demand to examine that ID before things go any further.

Edited to add:
I agree with DanM.... a person OC'ing is an ambassador for gun rights and should always behave in a polite and responsible manner. Demanding to see LE's identification can be done in a polite manner....

Bailenforcer

What!?

Pocket carry? Never and what do I know I carried 32 plus years in my profession and ....

It is has been debated for decades and all tests prove that pocket carry is dangerous, slow and prone to hang ups on clothing. I use an Askins Avenger holster and that still is one of the fastest plain clothes carry methods today. Nope not as secure as a retention holster, but due to my past experiences NO ONE gets close enough to grab my weapon and if they do I have a back up I can get to before they are able to react, and once they have hands on my weapon all bets are off, I will shoot till the threat is gone. I just will not allow anyone to get close enough to go for my weapon that would be foolish.

Officer, 4" barrel.
I have a holster with a clip that goes in my pocket. The gun goes in the holster.
Slow draw?? Quite the contrary - improved leverage (compared to on the hip) and the best part is that I can rest my hand on the handle and it looks like I have my thumb hooked on the pocket.
People don't seem to notice.

Looks like I'm wrong on the war part. But I'm sticking with TRIED AND TRUE

erb

Are you people missing the fact that I have a holster in the pocket?
As far as my situation goes, it is the quickest concealed draw. I don't see how keeping a holster higher on your hip and covered by more clothing is faster and more safe. Nor do I feel vulnerable to having my gun taken from me.