• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

8 Year old boy pepper-sprayed. LOL!

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Yes, because using an unnecessary levels of force to subdue a mentally ill small child is definitely logical and humane. He's 8 and he's sick, let's further penalize him for that which is far beyond his control, rather than handle the situation at hand.

The mother is being ridiculous, and the boy obviously needs more intervention than he is currently receiving. The police were within their rights to use mace.

back in the day before the days of ***** cops. the Police would have restrained the 8 year old lad, cuffed him & taken him to Juvenile hall ...but nowadays ...cops will Tazer 4 year olds so what does that say for the Police these days..YES they are free to act as Totalitarian thugs with badges torturing little kids....

Gunslinger

You mean an hour, right?

Indeed, and now that I have your attention: my point is that an 8 year old child is not a big, strong 16 year old boy. And fully grown cops are not 90 pound female teachers. So, the teacher dealing with an, let's say, overly aggressive 16 year old is a completely different situation than policemen dealing with an 8 year old child. The situations do not match, hence, non sequitur. The overall situation is indeed similar in 'very' general terms. But the reality is in the specifics: they are not similar when you get to the details. The teacher may be helpless; the cops had many options.

Gunslinger

no, Claytron is just silly a Troll He likes stirring the pot. Heck he called me a racist in a previous thread & I voted for Doctor Alan Keyes in the primary during the last Presidential election...

I like Keyes, and Tom Sowell. Plus Michelle Malkin, of course. There are many fine, black conservatives who would make excellent presidents. And the young freshman from, I believe, NC looks like he may become one as well.

Kivuli

When the slightest use of physical force comes under tight legal scrutiny, police fall back on what they know they can justify in court: the techniques they have been specifically trained in.

Disarming people (of any age) of their pointy sticks (yes, trim molding can easily break skin) with your bare hands is not something police train for. Using pepper spray to aid in subduing armed subjects (of any age or armament), is. The latter is therefore defensible in court. The former is not. Given how this forum is crucifying the police officer in this incident, the likelihood that it was considered for legal action is probably high enough to reinforce such an attitude.

Sc0tt

"I don't think a child should get pepper sprayed," the woman said.

And I dont think she should of had a kid?

Behavioral Problem, Otherwise known as PPRS (poor parental raising syndrome)

Last edited: