• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A buddy of mine was threatened for OC today

papa bear

I would suggest that your friend sell his firearm and never carry again. he proved he did not need it as he ran and hid in his car. it is obvious that he never intends to use it. is it just for bravado that he carries it.

since he has no intentions of doing the right thing he should just go back to the meadow

MP_4_Life

I would suggest that your friend sell his firearm and never carry again. he proved he did not need it as he ran and hid in his car. it is obvious that he never intends to use it. is it just for bravado that he carries it.

since he has no intentions of doing the right thing he should just go back to the meadow

Now see, that's what we DON'T need. He did everything right for the situation in his eyes. He retreated from the situation to prevent a confrontation. That in no way says he "ran and hid in his car." Instead he's a reasonable and intelligent individual that should be the type carrying.

I think you need to take a step back and think about how your treating other people. I feel your definitely in the wrong forum. You need to be supportive and informative, not hateful and bashing people (at least not when they make the right choices).

turborich

Here's an update.

He did not make a police report or notify his employer. He didn't want any more trouble and was hoping everything would just fade away. He has informed me that the guy who threatened him has went to the boss and exaggerated things by saying that my friend was waving his firearm around. The boss has told him that regardless of who's telling the truth that firearms aren't allowed at work and shouldn't be in your personal vehicle while it's at work. He didn't say it's prohibited, just that he didn't approve of it.

It's his own fault for NOT making a police report! I told him over and over again to file a police report but it fell on deaf ears. It's in his hands and he'll just have to make the best of a bad situation at work. He's still thinking that everything will go away over time. It may however I would have taken the advice given on the forum and filed a police report right away. He keeps his distance from the guy and doesn't speak to him anymore.

You know what they say, You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

wrightme

Nope. Completely false.

Carrying a firearm does NOT constitute ANY requirement to use it for any given incident. There are times when it is entirely proper, and more lawful, to NOT employ a firearm. Your statement disregards that fact. It is a judgement call to be made by the person IN the incident.

turborich

Originally Posted by papa bear

If I pulled out my firearm every time someone got ignorant with me then there would either be a lot of dead people or I'd be in jail.

You CANNOT pull your firearm out unless your life is absolutely in danger. Can you imagine how this situation would have escalated if he would have pulled his gun? It would have went very badly for both people involved. Perhaps one would be dead and the other would be found guilty of murder. two life's ruined plus all of the family members that would be effected.

I think your statement is a little over the top.

FreeInAZ

Originally Posted by papa bear

If I pulled out my firearm every time someone got ignorant with me then there would either be a lot of dead people or I'd be in jail.

You CANNOT pull your firearm out unless your life is absolutely in danger. Can you imagine how this situation would have escalated if he would have pulled his gun? It would have went very badly for both people involved. Perhaps one would be dead and the other would be found guilty of murder. two life's ruined plus all of the family members that would be effected.

I think your statement is a little over the top.

Better yet, can you imagine if this guy was wise enough to be wearing a video camera (they make many stealth types and streaming apps for smart phones etc..). Co-worker starts his crap. Ocers then walks into bosses office plays video & says I think we need to do something about this guy bullying people boss, don't you? End of story...

I carry a hidden camera everywhere no one knows but if something should go sideways, it is my video against the bad guys lies. A picture is worth thousands in legal fees..just saying:rolleyes:

ETA - bottom line some people for whatever crazy reason find OC to be offensive and maybe be willing to lie about a persons behavior who does OC. Cover your a$$es people. Many spend thousands on their pistols, holsters etc. They do this to protect their life, however they put ZERO thought into protecting their freedom from false accusations.:confused:

Last edited:

papa bear

1. he was threatened with death or great bodily harm. but he hid in his car and so that is a moot point.

2. he was in a place that he was legally. he had no reason to flee. but he did so moot point

3. he just taught someone that they can bully someone that is armed. you might be the next person that this fool will attack. lets hope you have the confidence in you ability to stand your ground

4 a person whom is not confident , or are willing to protect himself from an attack, should not carry. if you are not willing to use your firearm then you are just carrying a piece of jewelry. or worst you are trying to be macho

wrightme

1. he was threatened with death or great bodily harm. but he hid in his car and so that is a moot point.

2. he was in a place that he was legally. he had no reason to flee. but he did so moot point

3. he just taught someone that they can bully someone that is armed. you might be the next person that this fool will attack. lets hope you have the confidence in you ability to stand your ground

4 a person whom is not confident , or are willing to protect himself from an attack, should not carry. if you are not willing to use your firearm then you are just carrying a piece of jewelry. or worst you are trying to be macho

The response to threat was his friend's to make, not yours. If you want to use deadly force where not called for, that is YOUR choice. Don't expect others to agree with you.

His choice to retreat does not mean he wasn't confident or unwilling to protect himself from an attack. He chose to attempt to de-escalate and retreat, which is HIS decision to make, not ours or yours.

As for #3, no he did not teach the other that. The other had already CHOSEN that course of action.

Last edited:

oc4ever

That was predictable.....

Here's an update.

He did not make a police report or notify his employer. He didn't want any more trouble and was hoping everything would just fade away. He has informed me that the guy who threatened him has went to the boss and exaggerated things by saying that my friend was waving his firearm around. The boss has told him that regardless of who's telling the truth that firearms aren't allowed at work and shouldn't be in your personal vehicle while it's at work. He didn't say it's prohibited, just that he didn't approve of it.

It's his own fault for NOT making a police report! I told him over and over again to file a police report but it fell on deaf ears. It's in his hands and he'll just have to make the best of a bad situation at work. He's still thinking that everything will go away over time. It may however I would have taken the advice given on the forum and filed a police report right away. He keeps his distance from the guy and doesn't speak to him anymore.

You know what they say, You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

I pretty much got chastised by a few of you for suggesting the non-hollywood retreat and avoid conflict approach. If the LEO's would have been called at the time of the incident, I am sure, barring a recording device , the gang-banger guy would have claimed that the guy with the gun was waiving it around and threatening to kill him with it(oh surprise someone lies to the police). That is why having a gun present for a verbal argument is not a good idea, and displaying it is a really bad idea without trying to retreat first. Also calling the police may not work to your benefit either if you are the only armed person present. Maybe reporting later, but if the LEO's show up and you are deemed the aggressor because of false statements , you are screwed and going to jail, probably never seeing your gun again, along with a big legal defense bill (and in this type case possibly loose your job). Retreating to the car was a reasonable move to make under the circumstances, and does not show being a sheep.

MP_4_Life

I pretty much got chastised by a few of you for suggesting the non-hollywood retreat and avoid conflict approach. If the LEO's would have been called at the time of the incident, I am sure, barring a recording device , the gang-banger guy would have claimed that the guy with the gun was waiving it around and threatening to kill him with it(oh surprise someone lies to the police). That is why having a gun present for a verbal argument is not a good idea, and displaying it is a really bad idea without trying to retreat first. Also calling the police may not work to your benefit either if you are the only armed person present. Maybe reporting later, but if the LEO's show up and you are deemed the aggressor because of false statements , you are screwed and going to jail, probably never seeing your gun again, along with a big legal defense bill (and in this type case possibly loose your job). Retreating to the car was a reasonable move to make under the circumstances, and does not show being a sheep.

Lol, nice post. I have to admit I'm not sure if your making fun of the guy or backing him up. Although I feel that your post is misconstrued. I'm sorry but very rarely (unless they hate people who carry) that a LEO is gonna side with the unarmed guy. Why would a cop believe the aggressor when there are witnesses around, the guy is armed, in his truck, and called the cops? I'm sorry but I highly doubt a reasonably professional LEO wouldn't make the connections quick and side with the OCer.

Last edited: