• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A letter to Sheriff SteveBoyer, Kitsap County

Ajetpilot

imported post

On August 28, 2008, Ajetpilotwrote:
On August 8, I submitted the attached FOIA request to the County Prosecutor. As soon as I get a reply, I will share it here. I want to get copies of the Prosecutor's Office memos on the subject of OC, and firearms in County Parks, thatare mentioned in the email. With that information in my hand, I will again approach the County Commissioners about changing the Parks Code.

Attachment: Public Records request.doc

Attached is the reply I received today from the Prosecutor. He has refused most of my request. In doing so, he cited two cases that I am haven't been able to find. The only case I have been able to find with a Google Search doesn't apply to his refusal to provide me with the requested documents

Is there anyone more astute than I, who can find these cases?

Bear 45/70

imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
On August 8, I submitted the attached FOIA request to the County Prosecutor. As soon as I get a reply, I will share it here. I want to get copies of the Prosecutor's Office memos on the subject of OC, and firearms in County Parks, thatare mentioned in the email. With that information in my hand, I will again approach the County Commissioners about changing the Parks Code.

Attached is the reply I received today from the Prosecutor. He has refused most of my request. In doing so, he cited two cases that I am haven't been able to find. The only case I have been able to find with a Google Search doesn't apply to his refusal to provide me with the requested documents

Can you say Randy Loun.

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:

The game is called hardball. What they want to know is if you are willing to come off the porch or not.

carhas0

imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
...Is there anyone more astute than I, who can find these cases?...
Bruce, I found them and will email them to you. I'd rather not post them here for copyright reasons.

scoobydoo6906

imported post

irfner: " The game is called hardball. What they want to know is if you are willing to come off the porch or not."

thats exactly right, every once and a while you have to punch somebody in the nose to get what you want. we can't let the man screw with us, got to keep those jerks in line.

joeroket

imported post

In reading the limstrom vs ladenburg case and CrR 4.7 it does appear that they do not have to release the material that was denied.

CrR 4.7 (f)(1) states

Code:
(f) Matters Not Subject to Disclosure.
(1) Work Product. Disclosure shall not be required of legal
research or of records, correspondence, reports or memoranda to
the extent that they contain the opinions, theories or
conclusions of investigating or prosecuting agencies except as to
material discoverable under subsection (a)(1)(iv).

and (a)(1)(iv) states

Code:
(iv) any reports or statements of experts made in connection
with the particular case, including results of physical or mental
examinations and scientific tests, experiments, or comparisons