• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A little bird told me today that all Silver Eagle Group Emp. were released today..

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
While some of the people there do seem "cold" to those not regulars or their buddies, others there are very welcoming, friendly, and I'm seen at least one of them at a VCDL meeting before. :)

Honestly, every time I've seen someone treated "negatively" at the NRA range, they totally deserved it.

I'm not gonna say Darthmord deserved it, because I wasn't there, but I have my suspicions.

darthmord

Honestly, every time I've seen someone treated "negatively" at the NRA range, they totally deserved it.

I'm not gonna say Darthmord deserved it, because I wasn't there, but I have my suspicions.

Believe what you want. Your beliefs aren't my concern. I don't mean it negatively either. Simply put, what you believe is not in my area of responsibility. As such, I refuse to take responsibility for your beliefs. They are yours, not mine. :)

All my friend and I did upon entering was ask the counter staff what we needed to do since it was our first time shooting there (their house, their rules). The guy helping us asked if either of us were NRA members. We told him no. The guy then got all pissy/grumpy about it, sighed, and rolled his eyes (when he thought we weren't paying attention).

I don't care if asking the guy to do his job was an imposition or not. What I did care about was that we received rather poor service and will never return because of it. I don't care if it was a one off experience.

Poor Service = No patronage

Poor Attitude = No patronage

And yes, I suspect we would have had better service had we been a member of his employer's little club but customer service HAS NEVER BEEN DEPENDENT UPON CLUB MEMBERSHIP! I've worked retail on multiple jobs. Customer Service is customer service. It's all about taking care of the customer and making them *want* to come back to get more great, quality service.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Believe what you want. Your beliefs aren't my concern. I don't mean it negatively either. Simply put, what you believe is not in my area of responsibility. As such, I refuse to take responsibility for your beliefs. They are yours, not mine. :)

All my friend and I did upon entering was ask the counter staff what we needed to do since it was our first time shooting there (their house, their rules). The guy helping us asked if either of us were NRA members. We told him no. The guy then got all pissy/grumpy about it, sighed, and rolled his eyes (when he thought we weren't paying attention).

I don't care if asking the guy to do his job was an imposition or not. What I did care about was that we received rather poor service and will never return because of it. I don't care if it was a one off experience.

Poor Service = No patronage

Poor Attitude = No patronage

And yes, I suspect we would have had better service had we been a member of his employer's little club but customer service HAS NEVER BEEN DEPENDENT UPON CLUB MEMBERSHIP! I've worked retail on multiple jobs. Customer Service is customer service. It's all about taking care of the customer and making them *want* to come back to get more great, quality service.

Indeed, it sounds as though that was completely the employee.

I find that strange, as in my many years of frequenting that range, I have only ever maintained NRA membership for one of those years.

My guess is what happened is he was asking if you had been before, and when you said "no", he realized he would have to administer the "test" and create range cards for you. This is more of a hassle than it is for repeat visits.

Still, though, that's their policy, and employees have no business becoming rude over performing their job. I might have tried finding a manager to report him to.

crazydude6030

My guess is what happened is he was asking if you had been before, and when you said "no", he realized he would have to administer the "test" and create range cards for you. This is more of a hassle than it is for repeat visits.

If that's the case they must hate me. I have brought around 10 new people to the range over the past month or so. I'll have two more new ones this weekend ^.^

Last edited:

conhntr

Hmm i was wondering why i was treated like my money was no good when i stoped at seg. Didnt know they where trying to be a leo/merc training center. Even less interested now than before.

Btw instead of sitting around begging to reapply for your own jobs man up and walk out (everyone) in the morning. Probably only shut them down a few days but who would go crawling to them to reapply for the job they just terminated you from? Have some self respect.

ianto94

I shoot at the NRA range at least twice a month. RSOs have always nicely approached me if they thought I was violating their range rules. I take new shooters there regularly and they have never been hasseled by the staff. I find the staff to be very polite and professional. My main complaint is the long wait on weekends.

On Blue Ridge, I agree the ventilation sucks. In addition, the range fees are higher than the NRA. More importantly, I have witnessed some nitwit behavior there, like two morons steping back from the line and posing for a picture while sweeping each other. Their response when I told them it was unsafe was to point to having the mags out of their guns. I was tempted to drop the mag from my gun and launch a round down range to show them how stupid they were. If I want to rent a gun to try it out, I might go there. But I might also be tempted to wear my body armor. There is just no realistic supervision there of the range.