• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A lovely combination of stupid

FogRider

imported post

ixtow's pictures:

JBT1.jpg

JBT2.jpg

JBT3.jpg

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

You can see the news van, ignoring everything that happened, in the background in 2 of the pics.

I'm the guy in the green and black flannel jacket, jeans, and boots, w/ the cardboard sign.

See the guy in the jeans and blue hoodie? He's still telling me what a bleeping bleep of a bleep bleeper I am as the remaining tacticool jbt guards me with his AR and thigh-mount... I am so scarry and dangerous!

In the second picture, you can see the officer informing the driver of the silver vehicle that I am not to be spoken to. He waved me over anyway and I had a look at the half-dozen saturday-night specials int eh back seat. Nothing I was there to see.

Need more people. Myself and a friend who can't operate a camera just aren't enough.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Unfortunately, we do not see anything that clearly shows any problem. :( Everything appears normal in the pictures. BTW - extremely good pictures for a friend that doesn't know how to operate a camera.

The officer "guarding" you seems more interested in something else and we can't "see" what the officers are saying. Wish that the photographs had been more definitive.

Wonder why the Lakeland PD accepted your homemade guns without required serial numbers or were they made 100% from parts (and materials) not subject to interstate commerce?

Yata hey

MetalChris

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Unfortunately, we do not see anything that clearly shows any problem. :( Everything appears normal in the pictures.
How 'bout that dude in the hoodie all up in his grill? Looks like he might be trying to intimidate...doesn't look so "normal" to me...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

MetalChris wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Unfortunately, we do not see anything that clearly shows any problem. :( Everything appears normal in the pictures.
How 'bout that dude in the hoodie all up in his grill? Looks like he might be trying to intimidate...doesn't look so "normal" to me...
Hay, I don't look normal even on a good day. :)

Anybody heard anything about a FIOA request to see what prompted the posted response?

Yata hey

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Unfortunately, we do not see anything that clearly shows any problem. SNIP...

WE do not see! WE ...!!

You must have a mouse in your pocket, because I am not part of the "WE" you are talking about. Please do not presume to speak for the entire forum.

I see a lot of verification of the story in those pics. There is a guy wearing a badge who at least appears as though he might be guarding the guy with the cardboard.

Unless I miss my guess that is exactly what was described as happening.

Holy smoke you asked the guy for proof, and when he supplys it you call it bogus

because it does not depict what you think it should, and you do it using a royal we!

Many on this forum have gone into situations where they KNEW there would be an

incident, and still failed to get it on camera. At least this guy has something.

Regards

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

There are more than myself viewing/following this here - this constitutes use of the plural.

In no way did I say his "proof" was "bogus."

What I stated was "Unfortunately, we do not see anything that clearly shows any problem." What I said is what I meant, it is unfortunate.

I can assure you that had that happened to me, I would be filing a FOIA request and following through not attacking someone for asking questions.

Yata hey

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Unfortunately, we do not see anything that clearly shows any problem. :( Everything appears normal in the pictures. BTW - extremely good pictures for a friend that doesn't know how to operate a camera.

The officer "guarding" you seems more interested in something else and we can't "see" what the officers are saying. Wish that the photographs had been more definitive.

Wonder why the Lakeland PD accepted your homemade guns without required serial numbers or were they made 100% from parts (and materials) not subject to interstate commerce?

Yata hey
I believe I made quite clear that the pics weren't good. And they aren't. I cropped out a huge portion and zoomed in a bit with The Gimp.

No, I didn't capture an wrongdoing on film. I beleive I also made it clear that they didn't break any laws (that I know of). Just lots of screaming and profanity. And, again, I say damn for not having video running.

Yes, 100% from materials. Super cheap and easy to make.

I'm still not clear on how one entity with no FFL can advertise a mass purchase of firearms and it is legal, yet they can tell me I'm not allowed to buy guns, anywhere, ever. Guns are all illegal. I'm not allowed to stand on the sidewalk, I'm not allowed to buy guns. I'm not allowed to have a sign, I'm not allowed to be there. Blah blah blah.... ;-) Liars are such fun.

I never accused the PD of violating my rights, just SAYING that I had none and making empty threats to scare me. Clearly, it didn't work. I'd definitely say there was a huge level on unprofessionalism and blatant attempts to intimidate. But that isn't illegal. Just immature and egotistical.

I expect they've pulled the weapons and have lifted my prints. A lot of presumptive attitude about what they were telling me my purpose there was... Wow, Minority Report? They can read my mind? They 'know.' They have a crystal ball somewhere...

Nothing criminal. But definitely crass, rude, and very upset that anyone dare defy their agenda. They knew where the line was drawn. I just find it sad that fear of prosecution was clearly the only thing holding them back. The will and desire to kill me was clearly there, and openly stated as such. Threats to arrest me, but no follow-through. Duh.

I could pick 4 faces that told me that I deserved to be killed for what I was doing. Two of them are pictured. That's not really a threat. But comming from a LEO, well, around here, it's pretty much par for the course. Florida is a New York as far as LEO attitude and behavior is concerned.

I only did it because one of them told me I should have made an offer before the guy with the MkII got in line! I was following their own advice!

Having experience dealing with the severe corruption in the Florida LEO environment, I know better than to file a complaint. For now, they don't know who I am. But I've had two friends executed in their own homes for much less. They're good at what they do here, and they ALWAYS get away with it. I've stirred the pot as much as I'm willing to among their kind. If not for all those eyeballs, I wouldn't be posting this message.

It will be their usual 'deny everything' behavior. I'm one voice against many? Obviously, the group with the badges is telling the truth, blah blah blah. Not like I haven't been through it all before.

JBURGII

imported post

Soooo who determines what organization has the authority to "buy back" guns?

Can a private citizen advertise and purchase guns from less fortunates who need holiday money?

ixtow, I applaud your efforts.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Gotta watch those guys trying to sneak waffles into a gun surrender!!

Oooooooo, d-a-n-g-e-r-o-u-s!!

It takes automatic weapons to fight off a guy with a sign! Hastily scribbled on a waffle box? You never know. Maybe that box has some sharp edges and might give a paper cut to those oh-so-toughtacticool cops.

What a bunch of pansies.

I'd fling my shoes at them, but I'll save that for somebody worth that kind of insult.

MI-copperhead

Anti-urban, Bible thumping, Tekonsha, Michigan, US
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
Citizen wrote:
I'd fling my shoes at them, but I'll save that for somebody worth that kind of insult.
Zohan!

:lol:
Na_Na_Na_Na.gif
Topical. Think topical.

Shoe flinging is in the news today.

But, I understand great-grandpas spend a lot of Sunday napping and so forth. :)

Just announced !!

All foreign press will be banned from wearing shoes to Presidential press conferencesas a new "shoe free zone" law is passed :lol:
Cops start shoe buy back plan nationwide:celebrate

JBURGII

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Zohan!

Na_Na_Na_Na.gif
Topical. Think topical.

OMG! Now we gotta ban NMDs !! (Nikes of Mass Destruction)

(soooo sorry... :lol:)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

MI-copperhead wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Zohan!

Na_Na_Na_Na.gif
Topical. Think topical.

Just announced !!

All foreign press will be banned from wearing shoes to Presidential press conferencesas a new "shoe free zone" law is passed :lol:
Cops start shoe buy back plan nationwide:celebrate

LOL!!

Sounds like shod-dy security theater to me.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I have those wicked, evil Glock Shoes. All black tacticool-looking, and with the composite toe that passes right through metal-detectors! It's designsed just for it! Assault shoes! OMGz!!! I shluld turn in my $150 dollar boots with nothing wrong with them for $50 so they can be destroyed! And I'm not allowed to sell them to some guy standing next to my car with a sign!

OK, I think it's not funny anymore... :p