• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A New Yorker in Israel

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Phssthpok wrote:
sdg319 wrote:
Point 3: I'd put me and my 8 + 1 1911 up against anybody anywhere armed with anything. It's not the gun, it's the man (or woman) behind it. And, besides, in Israel the law for gun carry is weapon locked and unchambered. That means somebody is going down at the bar.

POSTSCRIPT: I'm betting I could dump my 1911, as I bolt for the sidewalk (and make it), before one of those UNCHAMBERED automatic weapons gets the first round jacked in. Believe me when I tell you: I train for this, as I get my take-out order at a biker bar and those guys make Hamas look like cross dressers.

Spoken like as a person who is unaware the the UZI is designed to fire from an open-bolt position. True there's no bullet 'in the chamber', but one still needs only to pull the trigger (without any other actions) to get the arm to discharge.;)
he, he, ha, HA, HA, Haa, HAAAGH ! Sorry I couldn't hold it back.

Has another mall ninja, warrior hero been caught exercising tactical unawareness and demonstrating lack of required knowledge? I'll let you decide.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=uzi+firing&search_type=&aq=f-
Uzi firing
Take note that at approx. 26 sec into the video the weapon is reloaded and the bolt pulled back to the open position with the chamber empty and is ready to fire again!

Yata hey edited to add video link

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Mall Ninja... I like that. 'Seen it written before... but I dunno... It's just funny.

I don't go to malls much (way too far away) but I've seen 'em. 'Makes me wanna use that line from Predator: "What the hell are you?" I think the only reasonI didn't at the time is 'causeI was heeled. 'Haft'a avoid stuff like that.

I did tell a woman once tho...'complainin' about the wind 'n heat 'n 'sticker plants': "This is the Sonora Desert lady... not just a patch of sand that surrounds the mall."

Only thing she prob'ly remembers of that is her eyeballs fastened on my holster. :what:

thorvaldr

imported post

BB62 wrote:
Forgive me if I missed it, butwhat did you find out about non-Jewish Americans OCing in Israel?

VERY interesting information on this thread. COOL!
So, what about non-Jewish Americans OCing in the holy land? I'm especially interested in the uzi rental option!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

thorvaldr wrote:
BB62 wrote:
Forgive me if I missed it, butwhat did you find out about non-Jewish Americans OCing in Israel?

VERY interesting information on this thread. COOL!
So, what about non-Jewish Americans OCing in the holy land? I'm especially interested in the uzi rental option!
Do not get the impression that Israel has lax gun laws. They are actually very restrictive, left over from the colonial days. Even so about 10% of the population has handgun permits. The penealty for carrying without a permit for non-LE or military is a very severe prison sentence.

"Competitive shooters must now lock up weapons at the club vault.
You used to be able to own two long guns for hunting but insurance is unavailable so no new long gun permits. However, current holders can still keep these guns.
Here are basics on handguns: Three years of citizenship, doctor's letter, one day of class, and shooting exam required, you must have what is deemed a "valid reason" to get this permit. Valid reasons for handgun permit include: three years with police reserve unit, military officer over captain, or residence in "higher risk" area like the West Bank.
The police will ask publicly that licensed owners carry when there is increased levels of terrorism. I am guessing 40%-to-60% of men in the West Bank carry a handgun as do many women. In settlements you may be able to join the anti-terrorist squad and be issued an army M16. Combat soldiers must carry a firearm and magazine while on leave."
Quoted from: http://www.survivalblog.com/2006/07/david_in_israel_re_on_gun_laws.html

Yata hey