• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A Peace Officer's Perspective

Bustelo5%

imported post

Awesome post milbars,please talk more about the At the military teaches,seeing that at least half of the people on OCDO are not familiar with some military tacticool traning.

AaronS

imported post

SANDCREEK wrote:
One question only - Is there a documented case of a LEO in uniform or plain clothes with BADGE & WEAPON openly displayed ever being the target of a personal robbery?

That's why WE open carry. A COP's perspectivemay offer some insight, butdoes not change the fact that open carry is exactly what the 2A and respective States' right to keep & bear arms is all about. LEO'S are going to have to get used to seeing armed citizens. They had their chance to "civilize" our society. Now it's the citizen's turn.

I know this was an older post, but I just read it. I sure like the way you put it.

I have lived in my home forsix years now, and just started OC'ing this summer. I have seen more cops this summer, than I ever did in the past five years (calls I am verysure). If no home gets robbed in my area, I take most of the blame (as of yet, I am the only one). Man with a Gun=More Cops, fine, it gives me more protection. I can deal with the stop (not yet). My WIfe, and dog are as safe as I can make them.

IDAHO COWBOY

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
It's discouraging how most Amerikans fail to comprehend the true purpose of the 2nd amendment.
It's not about preventing street crime, it's to remind the GOVERNMENT and the PEOPLE who serve within government just who's the boss.

A side note: we haven't had "peace" officers for decades. What we have today are
"law enforcement" officers.
HUGE difference.

Nothing has changed by law other legal means, they are all still Peace Officers like it or not.

Someone started saying it some then a lot thought Law Enforcement sounds way cooler than Peace Officer. It is just like if it is black and has velcro it is tactical. Then these folks started letting it go to their heads about Law Enforcement versus Peace Officer. No wonder there are so many charges filed against Law Enforcement Officers.

Yes thankfully there still some Peace Officers, what we all need is fewer Law Enforcement Officers and more Peace Officers.

Xader

imported post

TriCityOC wrote:
I was sitting in an open housing unit with about 60 inmates yesterday, and I posed this scenario to several of them while they were playing cards. Universally, the answer was "move one to the next _____ (7-11, store, car, person, etc...) and rob them."

From the horse's mouth....

KSDeputy

imported post

:(Sadly, no matter how well armed you are, someone can still get the drop on you and kill you. The FBI agent's death is an example of this. It is something we live with every day, all of us.