• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AB69 and stand your ground

bmwguy11

Ok so they are talking to the bill's author in the assembly, and they are going to talk about rejection of the amendment that was adopted.

bmwguy11

So they accepted the amendment. Which means the bill has to go back to the assembly, however, I believe they are going to try and get it into today's assembly session.

all the amendment did was change "peace officer" to "public safety worker".

bmwguy11

They are saying the NRA has more clout than the wisconsin against domestic violence.

And they are complaining about SA2 being tabled.

bmwguy11

These democrats and their whining make me want to puke. Now they are saying people in domestic violence cases will somehow abuse AB69. And now saying that the fedex guy is going to get shot. Or someone crazy is going to decide children are "after them" and shoot children running around playing.

seriously?

bmwguy11

Ok that last one made me laugh. the "no i dont have time to talk about the book of mormon, and neither do you" bill.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
So they accepted the amendment. Which means the bill has to go back to the assembly, however, I believe they are going to try and get it into today's assembly session.

all the amendment did was change "peace officer" to "public safety worker".

which broadens it. what is a public safety worker ? we already know what a police officer is..

Public safety worker is who ????????

E6chevron

Lena Taylor, is MY senator, she voted for SB93, and now will vote for AB69.

I have been in contact with her and you can see that she genuinely is in favor of this.

bmwguy11

AB69 passed as amended. They need to get it to the assembly asap to get it on the docket for today.