• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Advisory wallet card

Michigander

imported post

I know almost nothing about it, but business cards can be made with standard home printers. Google turned up a dizzying array of information that I'm having a hard time sorting through, but if somebody can figure it out, they make business card paper which you can print cards on, and cut out.

Not that I have any problem with using the pro's, just saying it can be done.

WARCHILD

imported post

Venator, KUDO'S, most excellent, may I suggest making the star SILVER , reminder of rangers and sheriffs badge. I think it would also support we are NOT anti-LEO.I for one would proudly wear that as a patch on my jacket and hat.I also want one of the wallet cards too.

WARCHILD

imported post

I have a business card program in my PrintShop, can make them 10 to a sheet. Made some for the Flint Gear Grinders as I.D. cards. Works really well and looks professional, especially with the laminate. I'd be glad to help with that. You can use regular card stock paper(cheaper) and save on cost. I'll give it a try and see how it comes out.

Michigander

imported post

Just a thought, we should also have a flyer. I've had a number of people ask me for information about open carrying, and some of those folks don't have the internet. A flyer can hold a lot more information than a card, and can be easily printed off on anyones desktop printer. Couldn't hurt to have a real nice looking one for Michigan. Perfect for giving to people who ask "is that legal?", or for general spreading the word.

WARCHILD

imported post

Venator and I have touched upon the flyers as a passout for the car show meet. I think it would be great to put his logo on top of them also.

WARCHILD

imported post

harley2003rkc wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
harley2003rkc wrote:
It did not come through. Try again and I'll get it over to my grandfather. I spoke to him today and he said he'll do it at cost. But we have to order in lots of 1000.

Harley, find out the total cost per 1000 and let us know. I will be happy to donate to the cause. ;)

Just let me know where to send a check. PM if you do not want that info on the forum.

Thanks

Springer
I will be more than happy to provide the pricing. I figure I'm good for a 1000 myself, and hopefully a few others will be willing to do the same. The more we buy the more the price drops.
Count me in for 1,000 also. Same, same, just let me know the cost and where to send the $$$$$

eastmeyers

imported post

Well not to but in ya'lls talk here. But I would love to get one or many of these cards. I work as an armed patrol employee in Detroit. So it would be nice to open carry aboud also. Now I know I can!

ghostrider

imported post

Venator wrote:
One of my hobbies is heraldry (coats of arms) and I was playing with a logo idea for Michigan open carry using a coat of arms. I tried to stay within the rules of heraldry (there are many) to come up with something along the lines of a belt and holster. I hope it works. Comments welcome.
Is there a significance to that symbol? First thing I thought of when I saw it was that it looked like an ice cream cone.

iChad

imported post

Hey Guys, iChad here. I buy business cards seems every few months and the best place I've found that is cheap and decent is Vista Print. They usually run specials every month, and the price usually stays the same for the cost of 250 & 500 cards.As of right now most everything is 30-80% off.

Here are prices currently on Vista, don't know how long they'll last for tho.

250 - $3.99

500 - $5.99

1000 - $7.99

1500 - $33.75

2000 - $37.49

2500 - $41.24

5000 - $59.99

The best price is for 1,000 business cards, and the shipping is usually around 10/12 bucks, so you can expect to pay around a total of $20/$25 which isn't too bad. Also if you want to always buy more cards, my best suggestion is to do just do a reorder of 1000 since the prices starts to go a little steep after 1000 for some reason.

Also I'd like to be sent the template or text version so I may order my own and start passing out in the Battle Creek/Kalamazoo Area. My e-mail address is iChad1741@aol.com. Thanks everyone!

-iChad

harley2003rkc

imported post

I talked to the printer wholesaler today and he said he needs the text "Set in type". To get this into a folding business card we have to work within 3.25" x 3.75" toget it to fit in a 3.5" x 4" folding card. He can give it to a type setter but it'll cost me $75 an hour to have someone else do it. If anyone knows how to do this could you contact me. I'm trying to keep this on the cheap and he's already willing to have this printed at his cost. Keep in mind this is way to much information fora simple single sided business card. We are looking at filling both sides of a folding card, and trying to fit Venator's logo in to make this look professional.

kmcdowel

imported post

3-[/b]BRANDISHING O]pinion No. 7101 February 6, 2002: …It is my opinion, therefore, that…by carrying a handgun in a holster that is in plain view, does not violate section 234e of the Michigan Penal Code, which prohibits brandishing a firearm in public.
Looks great Brian.

I would also like to know the significance of the symbol.

Perhaps on top of the card you should add, "when you suspect than an LEO encounter may occur, turn on voice recorder."

Just joking..kinda. I know not all people carry a recorder. Actually, I think most police in Michiganare alwaysequipped withvideo and audio recorders. I know the Marquette Police are.I wouldlike to think thatthis(audio/video) would obtainable if there were any incident.

kmcdowel

imported post

Also, it seems like people are wanting this to pass out to inform other citizens (evident buy the 1000 card orders...). From the looks of it, this is not its intended purpose.

On that note, perhaps there should/could be two cards.

1)A cardfor people who OC and want information on the proper way to deal with a LEO encounter.

2) A strictly informatory card that would containrelevant laws, AG opinions and MSP information. This card could be passed out to interested citizens, skepticalCC'ersand used during a LEO encounter as evidence to your lawfulness (if you chose to provide it).

...just my observation/input. This may be over complicating a simple idea :banghead:

harley2003rkc

imported post

dougwg wrote:
The logo should be watermarked.

As for the type setting I guess I can do it.

What file format are they looking for harley2003rkc?
Set in type just means we need to have the file so that when he forwards it the the actual printer it is already sized. I've been tinkering with it in word but haven't been able to fit at into the 3.25 x 3.75 alotted space we have. I asked him about putting it on a tri-fold and he said nobody uses them because there so thick. He believe's it can be fit onto a double card he just doesn't do any of the setting.

WARCHILD

imported post

I have been working on it in my business card program. The only way to fit it all on a single card- both sides- is in #6 font. Too small to read. In #8 font, it takes one full card and one full side of a 2nd card. I'll keep trying. May have to edit some of the type, i.e.- edit out the- (LEO) - and try to condense it somehow.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

HOW IS HE GOING TO BE PRINTING THEM?

Is the paper size going to be 3 1/2" X 4" (this is double business card size which will be folded in half)

or

Is he going to print them on 8 1/2" X 11" and then cut them to 3 1/2" X 4"

Harley, give me a call 313-388-8228

Sheldon

imported post

Here is another legal definition for Brandishing from the MCRGO news letter I received, JIC anyone cares.
Q: During the summer months, if I carry, say a snubbie in a "IWB" holster and the handle shows, is that legal or brandishing?

A: Brandishing means to "display in a threatening manner." While it would probably be a defensible charge under the circumstances that you describe, it is not unimaginable that the situation could lead to criminal charges. Some (certainly not all) cops operate on the principle of "when in doubt, make the arrest." And some prosecutors don't support our CPL rights and are predisposed to "get guns off the street." Even if a charge of brandishing is not brought, many localities have ordinances prohibiting any conduct that is a "breach of the public peace and order," (or words to that effect). Perhaps of greater concern is the fact that an inadvertent slip which reveals all or part of a holstered gun could possibly lead to a dangerous "man with a gun" call to police. I have been on police ride-alongs and seen what happens when such a call comes over the radio. Every police officer within range of the radio call speeds to the scene in an effort to join in the fray. Driving at 100+ mph with lights and sirens going gets the adrenaline pumping. Once on the scene, the cops are generally highly agitated and pointing their loaded weapons at the individual who is the subject of the call, all the while shouting commands. Even if no arrest is made, and no charges filed, the scenario is dangerous and inconvenient for all concerned.