• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

After how many drinks is carrying a no-no?

mbhudson

I completely understand your view point and respect people's right to choose.... BUT.
If god forbid you need a gun to stop someone from killing you, knowing that you did the right thing in not having a gun while having a beer may not be much comfort to the loved ones you leave behind.

i guess you stopped reading you will be leaving them behind either way by spending a lot of time behind bars when found guilty in court because you cant establish proclusion and the states attorney tears you apart on the stand talking about the bars exits you could have used or help you could have called or words that could have deescalated the contact etc etc but werent able to because you were drinking and obviously under the influence under state law which makes you GUILTY get it

Fuller Malarkey

You are right. I guess the way I have looked at is very fundamental. To me there are a number a reasons to disarm and take your chances. Safety, as you say, depends on the individual. The public perception thing never really entered into for me.

Maybe you can clarify which "public perception" you are going with.....or does it change by the day?

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...ying-a-no-no&p=1809400&viewfull=1#post1809400

Sometimes I don't shave.
Sometimes I wear shorts and white socks with Homer Simpson flip flops.
Sometimes I wear Tool or Dethklok t shirts.
Sometimes I wear my hat backwards.
Sometimes I have a beer in public while OCing.

I cannot/will not cater to public image.

The above was posted four days ago. Now today, "The public perception thing never really entered into for me."

Cognitive dissonance and firearms could be a more pressing issue than drinking and firearms.

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
So far, you've insulted my intelligence as well as stated that I'm blind and cannot read. What a paragon of internet virtue you are and so welcoming to new members. Get off your high horse and come back down to the level of the normal people.

You know, at least with my initial post in this topic I actually adressed what it was about. All you're doing is clogging this thread with nit-picking.

Got to say this is a GREAT welcome to a new member here.

First welcome to OCDO. Since he has nothing constructive to the thread, ignore him.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

twoskinsonemanns

i guess you stopped reading you will be leaving them behind either way by spending a lot of time behind bars when found guilty in court because you cant establish proclusion and the states attorney tears you apart on the stand talking about the bars exits you could have used or help you could have called or words that could have deescalated the contact etc etc but werent able to because you were drinking and obviously under the influence under state law which makes you GUILTY get it

I guess you may be leaving them behind if that pretty fantastic (completely unconfirmed by any real life examples) tale happens. You will be leaving if your dead....

I'll take may over will.

ryan7068

I'm not sure if this horse is dead but I wanted to give my shiny two pennies! I believe that many people that are pro freedom/ firarms, also subscribe to the fact that people should be held responsible for their actions and the laws that they break and not hold a piece of plastic wood and metal liable. while most would agree that alcohol and firearms don't mix in the slightest, i would argue that you should do whatever it is you are comfortable with inside the confines of the law. But, from my understanding the only requirement to deem you intoxicated is based on your behavior(not your smell or visual characteristics) therefore, if you take one false step the cop may very well say you seemed intoxicated, end of story , class 2 misdemeanor :uhoh:

tomrkba

Thanks for the responses all.

"That's pretty much how the general public sees it."

Yeah, and they're going to be on the jury. Then again, they also vote and 50% of them voted for Zero. Better to play it safe :)