• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

After this video Romney has my vote... atleast for now

TheQ

Sooo, I have a sincere question for you Mitt Romney voters...if he wins, are you trusting him to keep his (latest) word, or are you just hoping he will?

Honest question.

I'm sure he'll flip again...when it is politically expedient. He has in the past, why would he do any different now?

PistolPackingMomma

I'm sure he'll flip again...when it is politically expedient. He has in the past, why would he do any different now?

I'm sure he will. He's a first class brown noser. I'm just curious if those voting for him are placing faith in Romney, or are just so anti-Obama that they'll take any replacement, even if the replacement is just like him.

PistolPackingMomma

Huh. Wasn't "hope" part of Obama's original campaign? And is that your answer, that you hope he'll keep his word, or that you trust he will?

Last edited:

Haman J.T.

You're right, Jeff. Scalia thinks the government has the power to "regulate" magazines over X size and to "regulate" your possession by making a national gun registration database. Since you back him, I guess you agree?
Can You cite him mentioning magazine over X size? Legislatures are elected by the people.They regulate and de-regulate according to who the people vote in.Remember the Brady bill?

Haman J.T.

Huh. Wasn't "hope" part of Obama's original campaign? And is that your answer, that you hope he'll keep his word, or that you trust he will?
I trust him more than Obama.Yes!I trust the congress not to go there and the senate doesn't have a supermajority.I do not expect an anti-gun bill to be signed into law any time soon!

detroit_fan

Sooo, I have a sincere question for you Mitt Romney voters...if he wins, are you trusting him to keep his (latest) word, or are you just hoping he will?

Honest question.

I trust him about 25%, and that's 25% more than i trust obama. the thing about mitt is, he knows he if he did flip that he would never get reelected, because he needs pro-gun votes to win. i don't think he is stupid enough to think tha he could flip on gun owners then be reelected.

i don't think mitt will do anything to really improve 2A rights, but i don; think he will move to limit them either. i know obama will, he's already shown his intent during his first term.

i would rather gamble that mitt will appoint a 2A friendly SC justice, than let obama appoint a 3rd anti-2A justice. there is no mystery with obama, he will appoint an anti

griffin

you have more than 2 choices. that's the problem is that people say that there are only 2 choices when there are clearly more than that. if everyone continues to vote for the same 2. nothing will ever change. a vote for EITHER of the 2 clowns is a vote for things to continue the same way they are now.

I disagree. The time to bring someone new to the forefront in ANY party is the primary. In the general election you have to go with the best (or the one who will do the least harm to the country) that has a chance of winning.

stainless1911

Banned
I don't care what you believe or support. If you don't think that obama flipping the SCOTUS to a liberal majority will be a huge problem for gun rights than that's your problem. I am not willing to risk it. McDonald and Heller were decided by 1 vote, and there are tons of 2A cases working their way through the courts right now. If you want a liberal majoiry making the decision on those cases then vote for someone other than Romney. I will not throw away my vote this year, control of the SCOTUS is too important.

I normally vote libertarian, but obama has already appointed tons of anti-gun judges in the lower courts these last 4 years, give him another 4 and you will lose you 2A rights via judicial activism.

ETA- this is what Justice Breyer said in his dissent- "In sum, the Framers did not write the Second Amendment in order to protect a private right of armed self defense. There has been, and is, no consensus that the right is, or was, 'fundamental.'

Does that sound like the type of person you want deciding your 2A cases? Because that is exactly the type of person obama will appoint if elected. Breyer was appointed by Clinton, who was elected because people decided to split the vote between Perot and Bush Sr., just as you are suggesting this time. It has happened before, and it will happen again if 2A supporters divide themselves this election.

Spot-on

Honest question.

I doubt he will. Obama on thew other hand, has been waiting for re election since the ammo shortage he caused a few years ago. Anyone with that kind of resolve is to be feared.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Granted, we have a Republic (supposedly) and not a Democracy, but:

The best argument against Democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

--Winston Churchill

Here's an idea: just let me be the dictator. You all will love it and things will be sooooo efficient! ;)

A BENEVOLENT dictator is thought by most that consider such things to be the best possible government. However, most political scientists would then go on to say that what tends to happen is the dictator becomes enamored with his power and the benevolence easily turns to MALevolence.