• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Americans increasingly in favor of gay marriage, gun rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

david.ross

david ross - you dish out a fair amount of intolerance towards religion. i think YOU should be banned.

Religion has no place in government. I've not bashed religion in any way. I've merely stated the fact many religious organizations perform illegal acts when they take part in politics. Pretty much the equivalent of a person conceal carrying a firearm without a permit, wouldn't you want the person to be punished?

Like I said, I'm for marriage in the legal sense. What most people don't realize there are two types of marriage, legal and religious. Even after California banned same sex marriage(legal), it didn't stop same sex marriage(religious). If only people would understand the difference...

david.ross

david ross - you dish out a fair amount of intolerance towards religion. i think YOU should be banned.

Also, if you're referring to me calling people religious bigots, I will stand on the statement. Religious bigots are no better than white supremacists, they spew the same rhetoric in a comparative manner. They have no place in this community or any other community engaged in civil rights.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Should this thread continue to follow the primary path of marriage rights, it will be locked as having nothing to do with OC or RKBA. Please read and follow the forum rules.

The General Forum is for all RKBA things not related to OC of handguns.

OCDO is NOT a generic civil rights forum - we are dedicate solely to RKBA with the primary focus on OC - let there be no mistake about that.

Then move the thread to the Social Lounge.

Was considering that.

The problem being that there are two distinct issues here. #1 being gun rights which is solidly connected to OCDO. The other (#2) marriage rights which is not connected at all and would by default only fit in the Social Lounge. Can't very well move half of an intermingled thread - part 1 goes with part 2.

The judgement call was made in favor of the purpose, intent of OCDO.

Ugh, this degraded fast.

So much intolerance and I hate that word. :banghead:

Indeed this thread is an off-topic train wreck - locked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.