• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AMT .45 Backup

kyboyy

imported post

A friend of mine just bought an AMT .45 Backup for his first gun. Just looking at it I really like it. I'm on the market looking for a .40 or .45. It looks like a great CC gun. It's small and about the same weight as my Hi-Point 9mm (which I love). I've read mixed reviews on here, like I did the Hi-Point. It's Love or Hate pretty much. Anyone on here had personal experience with this gun? Would it be only for a backup gun or for everyday carry?

sheepdog

imported post

...I've known guys who carried them with perfect results...and some who couldn't get them to feed...their Backups aren't the same quality as their Hardballer .45 used to be...I'd pass in favor of one more uniformly reliable...

kyboyy

imported post

Yeah... I bought my Hi-Point for a little over a hundred buck and absolutely love it. I am wanting to purchase something a little easier to carry and like a .45. I was thinking about giving him my Hi-Point 9mm and like $75 for his... Which would you recommend...?

Gordie

imported post

I had an AMT .40 Backup. It was not reliable or easy to handle. I consider myself lucky to have sold it for what I paid for it.