• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

And our Governor Says Only LE Can Be Trusted Around Alcohol

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I understand your meaning 229 but what you don't understand is that by being a public servant, you have more job security than the average working person. I've been both.

In Virginia, private sector employees can be fired for any non discrimination reason.

I fired someone in my Virginia Beach office for handing out PETA literature after I told him not to.

Your reasoning is that a CA or LEO have been checked out and therefore are less likely to commit a crime than average Citizens with a permit.

Except for traffic offenses, how many permit holders have you arrested/. Remember, your on the honor system.

LEO 229

imported post

peter nap wrote:
I understand your meaning 229 but what you don't understand is that by being a public servant, you have more job security than the average working person. I've been both.

In Virginia, private sector employees can be fired for any non discrimination reason.

I fired someone in my Virginia Beach office for handing out PETA literature after I told him not to.

Your reasoning is that a CA or LEO have been checked out and therefore are less likely to commit a crime than average Citizens with a permit.

Except for traffic offenses, how many permit holders have you arrested/. Remember, your on the honor system.
Job security? Yes.. but only in that the government does not downsize that often and lay people off. They normally just raise taxes.

But in my job I can lose it much easier and can lose it for things I do off duty that has nothing to do with work.

I have stopped many CC holders for traffic violations. Must less for criminal offenses. But I have arrested both.

I havealso arrested many people who were once law abiding citizens that never had a criminal record.

Even on this board a few that want or have obtained a CC permit and have disclosed they brokeone or more criminallaws. So having a CC permit does not mean you have not or will not break the law. It only means that you have not gone beyond the limits and still qualify.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
peter nap wrote:

Job security? Yes.. but only in that the government does not downsize that often and lay people off. They normally just raise taxes.

But in my job I can lose it much easier and can lose it for things I do off duty that has nothing to do with work.

I have stopped many CC holders for traffic violations. Must less for criminal offenses. But I have arrested both.

I havealso arrested many people who were once law abiding citizens that never had a criminal record.

Even on this board a few that want or have obtained a CC permit and have disclosed they brokeone or more criminallaws. So having a CC permit does not mean you have not or will not break the law. It only means that you have not gone beyond the limits and still qualify.

Well. I guess polite disagreement keeps life interesting and people thinking:D

I freely admit that I'm one of those scofflaws that doesn't wear his seatbealt. I also don't think drivng offenses are much of a security risk...but then I haven't had a ticket for a moving violation for 35 or so years either.

Besides, we'll be rid of Saint Tim soon and then the restaurant ban will go away.

LEO 229

imported post

peter nap wrote:
Well. I guess polite disagreement keeps life interesting and people thinking:D

I freely admit that I'm one of those scofflaws that doesn't wear his seatbealt. I also don't think drivng offenses are much of a security risk...but then I haven't had a ticket for a moving violation for 35 or so years either.

Besides, we'll be rid of Saint Tim soon and then the restaurant ban will go away.
No harm in raising questions. We do that here all the time. We just need to do it tactfully so that we do not offend. :D

I always wear my seat belt and not because it is the law. I do it to prevent me from eating the steering wheelor windshield. But even more just to keep me inside the car in case it rolls over and I could be ejected then crushed!!! :uhoh:

Rey

imported post

LEO 229, I'm new to this forum. But I've seen you here most often than not and have gathered you're a LEO in Fairfax county. Duh. I have a serious question to ask you about the hiring process there.I know it's probably not in the spirit of this thread, so if you'd like, I can PM you. But regardless, I'd love the chance to talk to a LEO from Fairfax about it.

LEO 229

imported post

Rey wrote:
LEO 229, I'm new to this forum. But I've seen you here most often than not and have gathered you're a LEO in Fairfax county. Duh. I have a serious question to ask you about the hiring process there.I know it's probably not in the spirit of this thread, so if you'd like, I can PM you. But regardless, I'd love the chance to talk to a LEO from Fairfax about it.
Everyone assumes I am from Fairfax because I happen to live in Fairfax. :lol:

PM me or catch me on MSN or AIM.