• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another day, another mass shooting.

ccwinstructor

Centurion

Shoobee

shoobee if you read my 2 cents worth, I am comparing deaths/murders etc.. by other means vs guns and the former by guns in other countries to point out the fact that the gun control crazies only report and hype up isolated shootings void of all facts as I have tried to point out.

That's fine, I just did not get the non sequitur to Wisconsin.

My mistake.

Last edited:

Shoobee

Here is a link to video of the police shooting Jeffrey Johnson. It appears that he never fired a shot at the police, and that he did not shoot anyone other than his former boss.

NYPD: Ricochets Wounded Bystanders in Jeffrey Johnson Shooting(Video of shooting at site)

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/08/robert-farago/video-jeffrey-johnson-shot-by-nypd-patrolmen/

Yup, Johnson was committing suicide by cop.

Poor guy. What balls though.

He can drink from my canteen anyday.

Shoobee

Dos centavos from a dinosaur in the police officers defense. This had nothing to do with Wisconsin directly but everything to do with the attitudes of large cities with a liberal population and anti-gun culture. The police are literally handicapped by their politically friendly atrocious trigger requirements and again by their budget constrained training program. Now add a very crowded city, downtown in the middle of the day, a man who was depressed and cared for nobody least of all himself and he shoots his victim on the street. Now the police show up adrenalin and not tempered with advanced training. Basically they just went from traffic cops to a war zone and since people are slow to react and get out of the way unless they are war zone trained they will stand around and become collateral damage.

I saw it in Chicago when I lived there and Washington DC when I was visiting. Shots were fired (1 shot in Washington and multiple rapid fire shots in Chicago and the streets emptied, literally. Again in Los Angeles when I was on permanent Shore Patrol and was coming from a prisoner pick up in the van, a pair of shots fired and everybody just stood around, depends where you are and what the people are used to. Never saw a cop in Washington after that shot, there was a half hour delay before they showed up in Chicago and LA had more cops on the scene in less than a minute than I realized was even in that district.

Point I am making it's about training or the lack of on both the police departments side of the coin and most big city's general population reaction to a gun. Sounds to me like deer caught in the headlights, they should have ducked inside anyplace when they saw a man with a gun like they did in Chicago and Washington but nobody paid attention and the police didn't exercise good discipline on the scene. We may never know all the details, just surmise like I am doing here but this will be a big deal and trust Bloomberg to twist it to his advantage. Somebody will be blamed but it won't be him or his police officers. Truth will be lost in the debris so he won't have to change his policy or accept responsibility.

Youre probably right Old Grump. NYC cops seem fairly inexperienced around guns compared with LA or Miami. So they botched the take down.

Good points.

Very well written as well. And therefore a pleasure to read also.

Last edited:

Shoobee

1. It's not a discussion exclusively about the NYC shooting.

2. You're in the WI subforum. Didn't you see the dairy cows on your way in? ;)

Holy Cow Poo! That explains it!

Somehow I must have gotten lost!

This is the Wisconsin Sub Forum huh?

How in the heck did I end up in here???

Sorry, cheeseheads, my mistake. Now I get why you are all worried about Wisconsin.

Sort of.

Try Oakland for a day.

Last edited:

Captain Nemo

Doesn't it activate your gag eflex when you read how the media and NYC officials are already soft peddling the incident? Words like "nine bystandards were wounded but none seriously" or ''Most of the nine persons wounded were hit by ricochetting bullets or fragments and aren't considered seriously wounded" or "None of the nine wounded by police gunfire appear seriously injured". Hey, anytime I would be hit by a bullet I would consider myself 'seriuosly injured". Hardly any mention made that One policeman shot at the suspect 9 times and one policeman shot at the suspect 7 times during early morning rush hour in the busiest section of town and into a crowd of pedestrians. Distance to the target was about 8 feet. Suspect was hit about 4 times (Not confirmed). twelve other wayward bullets were fired into a crowd. Some serious investigation into police use of deadly force is needed. Apparently so is some serious range time.

In my neck of the woods if this had been a drive by shooting where some people were wounded because someone fired 16 rounds into a house it would be on the news for days. The NYC situation is already being put to rest. The whole situation will be swept under the rug "quicker than a lawsuit from an injured lawyer".

Shoobee

New Yorkers being New Yorkers I am sure there will be plenty of lawsuits coming out of this anyway. At least 9 to be sure. Maybe even more from others who were severely traumatized by the loud noises.

:D

DangerClose

Proof that 10-round mags aren't enough. If there would have only been one cop, he would have had to reload while the bad guy was pointing a gun at him. If there had been one cop and two bad guys, he would have had to reload THREE TIMES since he would have needed 32 shots.

M

McX

Good thing G.F.S.Z's work so well:

A 17-year-old student is in critical condition after he was shot on the first day of school today in a Baltimore suburb and a quick thinking teacher subdued the teenage gunman.

The alleged shooter was another student who was 15, Baltimore County Police Chief Jim Johnson said. The suspect was arrested, Johnson said.

The school, Perry Hall High School, was evacuated.

The 15-year-old student, whose name was not released, walked into the school cafeteria at 10:45 a.m. and fired one shot, the chief said.

A student described the weapon to ABC News affiliate WMAR as a shotgun. Police haven't confirmed the type of weapon used.

A teacher grabbed the boy with the gun and wrestled him against a wall, holding the gun away from the shooter. A second staffer, a school resource officer, was outside the cafeteria and rushed in to help the teacher subdue the suspect until cops arrived, police said.

"One student has been shot and is being taken to the hospital by medevac," the Baltimore County Police Department said in a statement.

Lurchiron

My God! Two cops fire 16 rounds from 8 feet away and hit 9 bystanders? And they say we need more training? I guess anything goes "in the line of duty".

Kinda hard to hold your aim when you're dumping a load of doughnuts down the inside of your trousers...maybe???

March Hare

But, but...I was just telling my officers to enforce the soda ban. :cool:

Kinda hard to hold your aim when you're dumping a load of doughnuts down the inside of your trousers...maybe???

Thanks, I almost sprayed my monitor with coffee when I read those!

KCCO

-MH

Last edited:

range rat

I am not trying to sound callouse, but we might as well open up a thread, so we can keep track of the daily mass murders, as they come in. Today's mass murder is: New details emerge in deadly NYC shooting, flanked by a bunch of mini-murders: Spike in Chicago violence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miZWYmxr8XE

Dammm, Flash back..

Does any one know's what Milwaukees numbers are ?