• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another isolated incident -- "you gonna shoot me?" "uh, I guess so"

Fallschirjmäger

I apologize falls I just read the info wars garbage and saw you pulled the quote from there. I shoudve read before I asked foe a cite from you.
Actually....
I just typed the words Cpl Christopher Carter into a websearch engine. It returned several results (aka not all were infowars.com).
For instance
DailyMail.co.uk, ABCNews.com, CNN news, and Fox news.
The photo posted came from USAprepares.com.

Now, USAprepares says,
The policeman had nine law enforcement jobs within seven years
instead of 8 for 8. In such cases, I'll always post the more conservative numbers.

Last edited:

Primus

Actually....
I just typed the words Cpl Christopher Carter into a websearch engine. It returned several results (aka not all were infowars.com).
For instance
DailyMail.co.uk, ABCNews.com, CNN news, and Fox news.
The photo posted came from USAprepares.com.

Now, USAprepares says, instead of 8 for 8. In such cases, I'll always post the more conservative numbers.

Oh ok. Again I apologize for assuming you grabbed it from there then. I just saw that exact piece in the article and assumed. Bad on me...

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

onus

If the roles were reversed and the driver shot the officer under the exact same circumstances I don't think anybody would be telling the public to be patient and wait for all the facts to come in before judging the shooter.

If the driver had shot the officer then the back up officers would have shot the driver dead immediately upon arriving on scene.

People who shoot cops don't often make it home for dinner with the wife and kids.

People who shoot cops don't get to take some personal time to regroup and settle themselves and have a scheduled interview 3 days later.

In this day and age no one should trust the cops version of events because police lie about almost everything.

stealthyeliminator

Yawn, even assuming arguendo the claims are true and that this was a bad shoot, it's still incredibly obvious that american police are remarkably restrained in their use of deadly force, based on the # of shooting by officer incidents as a percentage of violent felon arrests, or any other metric you choose to use.

I've posted the stats over and over . Like NYPD, where in 2010 there were 33 shootings (of a suspect, not including of an animal or etc.)in a city of 8 million and 35,000 cops!

Again, most agencies have higher stats (mine included, but mine also has a much higher officer getting shot rate as well)

Most allegedly bad shoots, given time to fully investigate, gather physical evidence etc. turn out to be good shoots, also , fwiw.

If cops were so frequently making bad shoots, you'd think that with the advent of cell phone cameras, dashboard cameras etc. they'd be popping up hear and there with video proof, but it hasn't happened

despite the army of cell phone cameras pointed at us day in and day out as well as dashboard cameras, the rate of bad shoots is still very low

Yawn, even if this cop just murdered this kid, who cares? Doesn't happen very often. Just let it go...

And besides, most bad shoots turn out to be good shoots because the agency of the shooter investigated it and said so...

Oh, and actually, it has happened. More cops are smart than cops that are corrupt/evil willed. That means there are bad cops that are smart. That means they aren't likely to get caught by the public doing something wrong in such a scenario where the public can so astoundingly prove their guilt that no cover-up is possible. But, still has happened.

sudden valley gunner

Yawn, even if this cop just murdered this kid, who cares? Doesn't happen very often. Just let it go...

And besides, most bad shoots turn out to be good shoots because the agency of the shooter investigated it and said so...

Oh, and actually, it has happened. More cops are smart than cops that are corrupt/evil willed. That means there are bad cops that are smart. That means they aren't likely to get caught by the public doing something wrong in such a scenario where the public can so astoundingly prove their guilt that no cover-up is possible. But, still has happened.

Testilying is pervasive in the system. DOJ study even says so.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Yep, I like that word. Stealing it. Thanks. :)

Oh, its a cop word.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it might have been former cop Dale Carson in his book Arrestproof Yourself who said it was cops made that word.*

Even if he didn't say it, that book is still a great read. Lots of insight about cops, their mentality, and what some are capable of.

Maverick9

lol on infowars, btw

and the anticop bigot brigade will continue their illogical anti-cop screeds while the overwhelming majority of society recognizes the obvious and goes on day to day

arguing with fringe belief wackos is like arguing with flat earthers, they just get more and more ridiculous, the more you press. THe stats don't lie. Cops are extremely restrained vis a vis deadly force.

Fwiw, we did an incident debrief of a case we had a couple of weeks ago, where the grand result of thorough investigation was that the cops on scene SHOULD have shot at two distinct points in the incident but didn't. Iow, they were OVERrestrained. fortunately, that did not result in injury to any persons (their not taking out the suspect at those point), at least in part because several brave officers extricated a hostage at risk to themselves, and w/o shots fired.

The great thing about citizen's academies and ride-alongs is that more and more people see the REALITY of police work, and the more that are exposed to the day to day realities, on average, the greater they support us. We've seen that over and over with cop critics who have either attended citizen academies or police ride-alongs. When they do FATS (firearm training simulator) training for instance, they realize how difficult shoiot/don't shoot situations can be and have great respect for the seasoned cops when they see how they perform on FATS, or in the street during ridealongs

despite the proliferation of cameras in the hands of the public, dashboard cameras, and even body worn cameras (in more and more agencies), there hasn;t been a revelation of more bad shoots. because most shoots are good, the videos have only helped us

im reminded of the body camera video of the shooting of a dog, where AFTER the owner saw the video of the officer being attacked, he changed his mind and acknowledged the cop should have shot
http://www.policeone.com/police-pro...logizes-to-officer-who-fatally-shot-pit-bull/

another

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Caught-on-camera-Dog-attacks-police-officer-in-Idaho-171397761.html

"To me, it sounded like you saw the dog, he came up, he came down, then you shot him," said O'Hare, speaking to the officer. "But...I would've done the same thing. I swear I would've."

In a Facebook poll, most viewers agreed the officer did the right thing.

"I'm sorry from the bottom of my heart that that police officer had to deal with that," O'Hare said. "I'm sorry, I'm really sorry. I wish I could take it back."

the more videoing of cops there is, the more stories like this.

Mods: Can we haz a 'Wall 'o Text' forum? TY

Maverick9

Yawn, even assuming arguendo the claims are true and that this was a bad shoot, it's still incredibly obvious that american police are remarkably restrained in their use of deadly force, based on the # of shooting by officer incidents as a percentage of violent felon arrests, or any other metric you choose to use.

I've posted the stats over and over . Like NYPD, where in 2010 there were 33 shootings (of a suspect, not including of an animal or etc.)in a city of 8 million and 35,000 cops!

Again, most agencies have higher stats (mine included, but mine also has a much higher officer getting shot rate as well)

Most allegedly bad shoots, given time to fully investigate, gather physical evidence etc. turn out to be good shoots, also , fwiw.

If cops were so frequently making bad shoots, you'd think that with the advent of cell phone cameras, dashboard cameras etc. they'd be popping up hear and there with video proof, but it hasn't happened

despite the army of cell phone cameras pointed at us day in and day out as well as dashboard cameras, the rate of bad shoots is still very low

Sort of like accepting that every hamburger has 10 parts per million rat feces? Cool.

77zach

I fear the numbers on testilying are actually worse than I suspect. I'm aware of three cases in Florida recently where cops committed crimes on cameras, their cameras. In one, a cop caused a bad accident and a group of three of them discussed how they could do a little "disneyland" in the report and make it sound like it wasn't the cops fault.

In another case, a cop murdered a kid (shot him in the back) who was possibly trespassing. The kid ran away and the cop put a "drop gun" on him, on his own camera. This tactic is practiced often in the sandbox by the imperial US military.

If they'll be so careless and criminal on camera, what will they do off?

The third case happened in my home town recently. This hero was thankfully arrested because of the video: http://www.clickorlando.com/news/ma...ate/-/1637132/23423718/-/g7domsz/-/index.html

sudden valley gunner

I fear the numbers on testilying are actually worse than I suspect. I'm aware of three cases in Florida recently where cops committed crimes on cameras, their cameras. In one, a cop caused a bad accident and a group of three of them discussed how they could do a little "disneyland" in the report and make it sound like it wasn't the cops fault.

In another case, a cop murdered a kid (shot him in the back) who was possibly trespassing. The kid ran away and the cop put a "drop gun" on him, on his own camera. This tactic is practiced often in the sandbox by the imperial US military.

If they'll be so careless and criminal on camera, what will they do off?

The third case happened in my home town recently. This hero was thankfully arrested because of the video: http://www.clickorlando.com/news/ma...ate/-/1637132/23423718/-/g7domsz/-/index.html

Flowery language was used to try to justify the jumping of a fence and invasion of a home in California, the Deputies admittance to that was caught on their own cameras.....and a whole group of deputies willingly partook in the crime.

I found many reports are generated after you ask for them, I found it looks like in my area the cops sit around a table and get their stories straight, I found cops heard things being said when they weren't even there, I have found they are not very interested in the truth. Is this unique to cops, no, but most people know they won't get away with it long in their professions and will be held accountable by the powers that be.