• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another Reason to Not Trust That Kick In Your Door

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
PALO said "policeone comment posts are no more representative of cops than any # of other websites that attract silly trolls etc. (policeone members must be VERIFIED LEOs before they can post)

yes. they are presumably cops, but the idea that comments on a board are representative of a group in general is specious as anybody who has spent any time on intert00bs knowsIf they are all VERIFIED LEOs, who else would they represent

i don't even bother with that site, and i don't know any cops who would post there. it's a cesspool"really?

marshaul said "I've come to the conclusion that PALO works in an ideal department, full of restraint and respect for the citizen, in some magical village where fairies presumably flit about. I kind of feel like I should move there...." What mythical town in Washington State has this ideal department?

sudden valley gunner

PALO said "policeone comment posts are no more representative of cops than any # of other websites that attract silly trolls etc. (policeone members must be VERIFIED LEOs before they can post)

yes. they are presumably cops, but the idea that comments on a board are representative of a group in general is specious as anybody who has spent any time on intert00bs knowsIf they are all VERIFIED LEOs, who else would they represent

i don't even bother with that site, and i don't know any cops who would post there. it's a cesspool"really?

marshaul said "I've come to the conclusion that PALO works in an ideal department, full of restraint and respect for the citizen, in some magical village where fairies presumably flit about. I kind of feel like I should move there...." What mythical town in Washington State has this ideal department?

Maybe he's the cop that came in concealing his weapon in plainclothes and sat next to us at Starbucks. Was too funny he was trying to be so sly.:lol:

Hey LEO if you want to ask us questions or join us for coffee just do so, we won't bite. :cool:

Deanimator

In Chicago, it really WAS the cops... and it really was a ROBBERY. Google "S.O.S" and "Jerome Finnegan".

Of course the cop cheerleaders have NO solution for THAT problem... other than letting yourself be robbed... and your children kidnapped.

Curiously, when the victim of a kidnapping by S.O.S. when he was a child sued the police department, the owner of a Chicago police blog referred to the suit as "opportunistic"... as if the young man had waited his whole life to be KIDNAPPED as a child by police so that he could "cash in".

sweetnsauer

This has always bothered me... kicking in doors... You see, it's one thing if they know an escaped prisoner is holed up in a motel room and they bust in the door and grab the guy. It's quite another to try to "sneak attack" someone on a mere whim and kick in their doors at night because you think they MAY have some drugs or a wanted person inside! I know a family that this happened to and their 12-year-old son was severely beaten, pepper-sprayed, tased and roughed up by the police because he started swinging at them when they tried to snatch him out of bed! Who wouldn't!? :mad: The fact is, this technique needs to be reserved for only the most dangerous murderers when they KNOW they are guilty of a crime and they KNOW they are inside and won't harm innocent people. This is not an appropriate tactic for trying to bust alleged pot heads or regular people suspected of a crime.

Call me paranoid, but I've always worried that the Gestapo will try to kick in my door for some stupid reason (likely from someone who hates me making a false report to the police), instead of just talking to me like a respectable person. The fact is, I keep my 9mm lying right next to me in bed and an AK-47 between my nightstand and my bed... and believe me, if you startle me in my sleep like a jackass you will have a gun pointed at you faster than you can blink... doing that to me is simply a big no-no! If my mom or my brother is staying at my house, they know to either knock on my bedroom door or wake me up calmly. You don't barge in shouting and trying to grab me like an idiot. If anyone tries to bust through my doors, which is clearly an act of aggression showing intent to do harm to me, they will be met with a wall of lead! I'm going to get off 17 rounds from my 9mm, and when the mag is empty my AK will already be firing. Nothing is getting across the threshold of my door alive, even if it's a team of 50 trained guerrillas. There's only one way into my room: kicking through the exterior door. You simply can't get through my interior door, plus you'd have to break in the front, go through the house and walk down a narrow hall, and I'd already know you're coming and be ready. And let's just say I have an extensive home defense strategy for violent break-ins, and I am well practiced. I have strategically located weapons and ammunition, and my house is essentially a death trap for invaders. Same case with my yard and driveway... and along the way, you may be in for some hidden surprises and "easter eggs". ;)

If the police ever want anything from me then they should simply contact me or peacefully visit my home with a search warrant if the Constitution permits. No one knows when the police want to launch a surprise attack on their home, and your first thought is that it is NOT the police but a band of bold and murderous gunman coming to kill everyone inside. Anyone can get some guns (even fake badges) and black clothes and kick in a door and yell "POLICE!"... In fact, I remember doing this (without guns) as a prank on my friends when we were staying at a hotel on vacation lol, and they were totally fooled haha. There are also too many criminals impersonating police these days to take advantage of people's false hope and trust in law enforcement. I don't believe you're a real cop until I see some legit identification or something that legally identifies you as a real law enforcement agent. So a word of warning to the police, which I'm sure goes for other folks here too: Approach me peacefully and lawfully, and I will be peaceful and cooperative. Try to unexpectedly sneak attack me and you will be treated like the criminal I believe you to be, and we will probably be having a regrettable funeral service...