• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti-gun bank teller encounter and the $1000 bet

28kfps

I have OCed in several banks no problems. Tim, I have seen you with your sunglasses, it was pretty scary so removing them might be a good idea. Trippje welcome to OC dot ORG.

Lostlittlerobot

One branch told me at wells fargo they didnt allow firearms. (posted this year+ ago). I asked that then manager to re-check what she was saying, because I had been a customer for over a decade, and she came back and said 'well they're still working on it'. She went on to say 'you can understand with all the robberies lately, we don't like that sort of thing'. I immidiately responded, wow, you've been robbed a lot lately? I definitely want to be able to protect myself then, I might even be able to protect you and your staff! Everyone behind the counter unconsiously nodded, and since then have had no problems. Many tellers in my 18 years of costumertude have nodded at my sidearm. Just one bitch bitched in bitchiness. (and made her call her boss)

MKEgal

timf343 said:
Nevada Federal Credit Union... has a sign "no firearms, no hats, no sunglasses".
When I went in OC, the gun was OK but they did ask me to remove my sunglasses.
I wonder what they do about photochromics? (light-reactive / darkening)
And I'm guessing in AZ there's no legal penalty for going past a "no self-defense here" sign?

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
Let's face it, bank tellers are only a step above McDonalds burgerflippers. It's an ok job for college kids, but when I see cranky middle-aged women working as bank tellers, I immediately start questioning the possibility of their IQ reaching into triple digits.

You think they would be a little less cranky if you didn't have that attitude toward them?

I go in with a smile, and usually get smiles in return. The couple of times over the years that one has commented on my pistol, I have been able to win the day because I treated them reasonably (even though once it got down to "If you show me the policy saying that I can't carry here, I will stop carrying here -- and carry at my new bank!")

dirty_sanchez

I come along these types of people all the time. The God complex mentality of "I AM NEVER WRONG!" I could push the issue even more and maybe get her fired or at least written up. I won't do that for a couple reasons. I think she has learned her lesson and won't be saying anything to an OC'er in the future and the other reason is now she has to see me OC every time I get groceries and do some banking!!

On a side not I just realized I mentioned Christ and God on 1 post!! WTF I'm athiest!!

Ha Ha! The God Complex.

Who else thinks she voted for "Hope and Change" last time around?

Awesome story Greengum!

Dirty